Quaristice

已查看 5 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Erik F

未读,
2008年1月31日 15:44:322008/1/31
收件人
Not sure if this group is really active anymore, but there's a new
record due out next month called Quaristice. Bleep has it available
for download.

I was soliciting thoughts from anyone who's heard it. Me, I'm not
sure, but it may take some time to settle in.

Matthew Kirkcaldie

未读,
2008年2月1日 17:12:312008/2/1
收件人
In article
<f52b5693-8ab4-4658...@k2g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
Erik F <lonelym...@gmail.com> wrote:

Found a lot of it totally impenetrable at first, then listened to it
loud, with my eyes shut, and I suddenly clicked with it. Very unusual
release from them, they must have really tried to shake things up and
break the style which had run through LP5 / EP7 / Confield / Draft /
Untilted. Not that those albums are the same, but they are made from
similar ideas. But a track like Fol3 is just totally different, even to
previous "noise" tracks they've done, very textural and somehow visual.
The softer tunes which open and close the album are very beautiful, as
is Paralel Suns with its melancholy thunderstorm vibe. The more rhythmic
tracks like Simmm, Tankakern, Bnc Castl and WNSN are fascinating and
dark, and they have that Autechre pulse which keeps them on sure footing
no matter what's going on with the beats.

Not for MP3 listening - the tracks don't quite flow into each other, but
gaps between them cause the album to feel choppier.

I'm really impressed - it seems they dug deep for this one to make
something very strange and new, even for them.

jb

未读,
2008年2月8日 20:43:432008/2/8
收件人
I am waiting for the CD release, though have been tempted by the bleep
320k mp3 (9.99) ... Still unsure also about the limited samples I've
heard. samples never do justice... context interrruptions/errors etc.
You never really get to soak properly into a piece before it cuts off.
Hard to get the same honest impression than from a proper listen

They're always good for interesting material, so it must be a worthy
purchase, based on many past experiences. Time will tell I guess

0 个新帖子