Amy Grant Exposed

AirRaid

Jan 16, 2009, 2:30:06 AM1/16/09
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/CCM/amy_grant-exposed.htm

Amy Grant Exposed

"I'm a singer, not a preacher, I'm not looking to convert anybody"
says Christian rock diva Amy Grant. (Los Angeles Times, 5/4/84, pg. 2-
c) Grant goes on to demonstrate her spirituality by saying, "I'm not
going to say too often that I like a cold beer while watching a
football game. That might bother some of my fans." (Greensville News,
5/4/94)

UNSCRIPTURAL COUNSEL

In an interview with CCM Magazine, Grant notes that she and her
husband went through numerous counseling sessions beginning in 1986.
Not only did this counseling not save her marriage, some of it
apparently contributed to it. She quotes one counselor who gave her
the following unscriptural advice:

"Amy, God made marriage for people. He didn’t make people for
marriage. He didn’t create this institution so He could just plug
people into it. He provided this so that people could enjoy each other
to the fullest" ("Judging Amy," CCM Magazine, November 1999, p. 36).

Grant concluded from this that...

"if two people are not thriving healthily in a situation, I
say remove the marriage [and] let them heal" (Ibid., p. 36).

In August 1998, Grant told her husband: "I believe and trust that
I’ve been released from this [marriage]" (Ibid., p. 35). She came to
this foolish conclusion although she had no biblical grounds for
separation or divorce and her husband was committed to the marriage.
Only the Lord knows the woman’s heart, but it appears that she had
committed herself to marrying another man, to whom she had already
given her heart. She admits that she saw in Vince Gill "a true
complement" to herself.

In contrast to Grant’s delusion about being released from her
marriage, the Bible is very clear about God’s will in this matter:

"And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, LET NOT
THE WIFE DEPART FROM HER HUSBAND: But if she depart, let her remain
unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband
put away his wife" (1st Corinthians 7:10,11).

"The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto
him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause? And
he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that He which made
them at the beginning made them male and female, and said, For this
cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his
wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more
twain but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not
man put asunder. They said unto him, Why did Moses then command to
give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away? He saith unto
them, Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, suffered you to
put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so. And I say
unto you, WHOSOEVER SHALL PUT AWAY HIS WIFE, EXCEPT IT BE FOR
FORNICATION, AND SHALL MARRY ANOTHER, COMMITTETH ADULTERY: AND WHOSO
MARRIETH HER WHICH IS PUT AWAY DOTH COMMIT ADULTERY" (Matthew 19:3-9).

Amy Grant's husband did not want the marriage to end and he sought
to save it. He told CCM Magazine:

"For five years after I was told that I was no longer loved
and that she wanted out of the marriage, I refused that because of the
kids."

He testified of getting down on his knees and begging her not to
leave. Contrary to Amy's self-esteem psychobabble about God releasing
her from the marriage, Chapman does not believe the divorce is God's
will. He says:

"It was not God's will that we divorced. It wasn't. That was
not His plan. ... Did we allow God to do all He could do?
Unquestionably no. No, we did not. 'Irreconcilable differences' [the
basis upon which the divorce was sought] is such a lame and hollow
phrase. That's what you say when you're afraid to say anything. It's
the legalese that allows you to walk away. From my vantage point, we
had one irreconcilable difference: I wanted her to stay, and she
wanted to leave. Everything else, God could have reconciled" (CCM
Magazine, January 2000, pp. 36,37).

JUDGE NOT

In typical CCM fashion, Amy Grant lashes out at those who would
judge her as an unfit role model for young Christian women. Note the
following statements from her interview:

"Let’s get real. Humanity is humanity. You want to know what my
real black ugly stuff is? Go look in a mirror, and everything that’s
black and ugly about you, it’s the same about me. … No one is ever
changed because of judgment. … It doesn’t make one person more holy to
point out the sin of another person" (Amy Grant, CCM Magazine,
November 1999, p. 38).

While it is true that all are sinners, it is not true that
Christians are to remain silent concerning sin (Ephesians 5:11). When
a member of the church at Corinth committed fornication and brought
reproach upon the name of Christ, the congregation followed the Amy
Grant philosophy and refused to exercise judgment. Paul rebuked them
sharply for their tolerance and lack of judgment in the matter...

"For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, HAVE
JUDGED ALREADY, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so
done this deed, In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are
gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus
Christ, to deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the
flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus" (1
Corinthians 5:3-5).

Christians ARE responsible to reprove sin in the lives of others
with the goal of bringing the sinner to repentance.

"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but
rather reprove them" (Ephesians 5:11).

"Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear" (1st
Timothy 5:20).

"This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they
may be sound in the faith" (Titus 1:13).

"But exhort one another daily, while it is called Today; lest any
of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin" (Hebrews 3:13).

"Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert
him; Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error
of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of
sins" (James 5:19,20).

The love of Christ does not overlook sin. The Lord Jesus Christ
said, "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore,
and repent" (Revelation 3:19).

SENSUAL MUSIC AND LIFESTYLE

Amy Grant’s divorce to her husband is sad, but it is not
surprising. Her life and music have been marked by sensuality and pop
psychology rather than true holiness and biblical truth. Her 1997
album, Behind the Eyes, made no mention of God or Jesus Christ and had
no explicitly Christian lyrics. She told secular entertainment
distributor IMusic that the song "Like I Love You" is actually about
loving oneself!

Articles about Amy Grant in the secular media invariably reveal
that she is loved not for her Christian message but for her
sensuality. People magazine noticed Amy’s lack of holiness in the
performance of the video for the song "Baby, Baby."

"There’s saintly Amy cuddling some hunky guy, crooning ‘Baby,
Baby’ into his ear and looking pretty SLEEK AND SINFUL…" (People, July
15, 1991 p. 71).

Amy Grant admits that...

"I’M TRYING TO LOOK SEXY to sell a record..." (Rolling Stone,
June 6, 1985, p. 10).

When asked about the controversy surrounding this video, Amy
replied:

"The whole thing just seemed very boring to me. Besides,
shooting the video was a blast. IT'S FUN TO FLIRT if you’re a happily-
married woman" (Woman's Day, Dec. 22 , 1992 , p. 35).

The Bible says that sexual flirting, immodest attire, and such
things are basically the same as adultery. When Amy Grant dresses
sensually and dances sensually in her performances, she is committing
adultery with her audience. Such action does not contribute to a
healthy marriage. Further, it is obvious now that Amy was NOT
necessarily a happily-married woman when she spoke to Woman's Day
magazine in 1992.

UNSCRIPTURAL PHILOSOPHY

Amy Grant’s unscriptural philosophy is evident in the following
statements she and her associates have made to the press:

"It seems to me that PEOPLE WHO ARE MOST ADAMANTLY AGAINST
PREMARITAL SEX HAVE EXPERIENCED SOME KIND OF PAIN IN THEIR OWN LIVES.
Like the people who say absolutely NO to rock & roll. Chances are it
has something to do with a past sadness…" (Amy Grant, interview,
Ladies Home Journal, December 1985, p. 210).

"I’m a singer, not a preacher. I’M NOT LOOKING TO CONVERT ANYBODY.
I feel people come to hear my music, not to hear me talk" (Amy Grant,
St. Petersburg Times, Florida, April 7, 1984, p. 4).

"I don’t feel like it’s my mission in life to preach to people. I
feel like it’s just my gift to communicate life as I see it" (Amy
Grant, Family Weekly, August 11, 1985).

"I’ve become disillusioned, and that’s why my lyrics are less
idealistic. I’m realizing that the world isn’t a perfect place, and
GOD CAN’T SOLVE EVERYONE’S PROBLEMS" (Amy Grant, interview, Family
Circle, September 9, 1986, p. 24).

"If an audience feels I’ve walked away from God because I no
longer talk about Him onstage, then that’s their loss" (Amy Grant,
Ibid.).

"I get tired of Christians trying to tell me what being a
Christian is. I get tired of that kind of Christianity. … People
asking, ‘Have you had your quiet time today?’ We have such a
regimented idea of what Christianity is" (Amy Grant, 1980, cited by
Bob Millard, Amy Grant, p. 107).

"That’s one reason I started writing songs, because I DIDN’T WANT
TO IMPOSE MY RELIGION ON ANYONE. This way the audience can sit back
and draw its own conclusions. … My art and the feeling I am trying to
communicate through the songs, it would be silly for me to say, this
is who God is; I DON’T HAVE ANY ANSWERS" (Amy Grant, interview, The
Philadelphia Inquirer, Oct. 21, 1984).

"CHRISTIANS CAN BE SEXY. What I’m doing is a good thing" (Amy
Grant, interview, People, July 15, 1991).

[The following is Amy’s own description of her actions before a
crowd of 30,000 young people in Kissimmee, Florida, in 1978.] "We’re
sitting there, I do my sound check. All these girls are in halter
tops, great figures, everybody's wearing nothing, we’re in Floriday
[her way of pronouncing Florida]. I’m eighteen, and I know what
they’re thinking. I said, ‘I really want to know Jesus and I really
want to love him except … my hormones are on ten, and I see you all …
sitting out there getting chummy and praying together -- and WE’RE
HORNY. MY FEELING IS, WHY FAKE IT? I’m not trying to be gross, I’m
saying let’s be honest about what’s coming down’" (Bob Millard, Amy
Grant, 1986, p. 103).

MORE ABOUT AMY GRANT

The queen-bee of Christian rock is Amy Grant. Amy says,

“Why isolate yourself? Your life isolates you enough. I’m
isolated when I walk into a room and somebody says, She’s a Christian
and NOBODY OFFERS ME A JOINT and all the coke (cocaine)
disappears. . .” (Bob Millard, Amy Grant, p. 169)

The Bible says in 2nd Timothy 2:22, "Flee also youthful lusts:",
but Amy says...

"Petting happens . . . As a teenager, when I gave part of me
to someone, I knew I was just going to flirt, HAVE A LITTLE
FUN, . . ."(Bob Millard, Amy Grant, p. 30)

Amy Grant tells the Ladies Home Journal (Dec. 1985, p. 210)...

“It seems to me that people who are most adamantly against
premarital sex have experienced some kind of pain in their own lives.
Like the people who say absolutely no to rock ‘n’ roll. Chances are it
has something to do with a past sadness…”

Amy's song, "Baby, Baby", was unprecedented in Gospel Music
history topping the chart as the number-one spot on Billboard
magazine. People magazine (July 15, 1991 p.71) says of Amy's video
Baby, Baby...

"There's saintly Amy cuddling some hunky guy, crooning "Baby,
Baby" into his ear and looking pretty SLEEK AND SINFUL. . . "After
all, Amy confesses, "I'm trying to look SEXY to sell a
record . . ." (Rolling Stone, June 6, 1985 p. 10)

In 1998 Amy left her husband of 16 years, Gary Chapman. Gary
literally got on his knees and begged Amy to stay. In June 1999, Amy
divorced Gary. And quickly, in March 2000, Amy married country star
Vince Gill. In 1996, Vince’s wife Janis found a note—”I love you, Amy”—
in his golf bag. (People, Nov. 29, 1999), As early as 1994, Amy told
Gary,

“. . . I’ve given my heart to another man.” (CCM, January
2000, p. 36)

Amy admits to ABC's Primetime,

“I think that a part of me loved him [Vince] instantly.”
(http://abcnews.go.com/sections/primetime/DailyNews/
amygrant_vincegill_021003.html)

Though Amy has denied any sexual contact with Vince before their
marriage – few believe her – including Gary Chapman. When asked
whether Amy and Vince were romantically involved, Gary says:

“Could I answer? Yeah. Will I answer? Probably not. I think by
Amy’s admission they’ve been very dear friends for years. I suspect
most people can add. I’ll leave that to their mathematical abilities.”
(http://amygrant.offramp.org/info/articles/sep/41.html)

On Amy's Lead Me On album, Amy and Michael W. Smith wrote the "sin-
temptation-adultery" song "Faithless Heart":

At times the woman deep inside me
Wanders far from home,
And in my mind I live a life
That chills me to the bone.
A heart, running for arms out of reach,
But who is the stranger my longing seeks?
I don't know.
But it scares me through and through,
'Cause I've a man at home
Who needs me to be true. . .
Oh, faithless heart,
You tempt me to the core,. . .
God, you know my feelings here
Could wipe my world away,
Ravaging the promises
A stronger heart once made,. . .
- Faithless Heart, Amy Grant (Lead Me On, 1988)

Faithless heart — how true it was. . .

“For their heart was not right with him. . .”
Psalm 78:37

OCCULT

A frightening "mark" infiltrating much of the Contemporary
Christian Music is occult symbols. And many of these symbols are
blatant recognition of occult usage. Harpers' Encyclopedia of Mystical
& Paranormal Experience (p.594) says, "Symbols are important to all
esoteric teachings [occult], for they contain secret wisdom accessible
only to the initiated."

In Amy's video, That's What Love Is For, some occult symbols are
clearly and openly displayed. In the video, Amy, dressed in a red
robe, (used in witchcraft rituals) strangely flashes a six-pointed-
star on the palms of her hands. It is common knowledge the hands are
the primary "contact point" in the occult. That is why you place your
hands on the Ouija board and join hands in a séance.

The six-pointed-star Amy "communicates" is a hexagram. "Hex" is a
spell used to place a curse. Hex is also the Greek word for the number
six. Sean Sellars, a former Satanist, who was executed for sacrificing
3 people to Satan, says in his book, Web of Darkness (p.51), the
hexagram "is said by some to be the most powerful and evil sign in
Satanism and of all the occult world." Sellers also states, "The
hexagram is used mainly in witchcraft to summon demons from the
underworld." As Amy's is flashing the "hexagram", a mysterious black-
attired man begins digging up a guitar (the curse) from the
"underground"! This is no coincident or accident. These videos cost
thousands of dollars to produce. They are researched and choreographed
to the smallest detail.

AMY GRANT says, “I love to hear Billy Joel, Kenny Loggins and the
Doobie Brothers” (Time, March 11, 1985). Amy’s album House of Love
includes the environmental-mother-earth song, “Big Yellow Taxi,” by
new-age-priestess Joni Mitchell (Ibid.). Mitchell is infamous for her
open relationship with a spirit she calls “Art.” Obviously she is
communing with demons, and it is unconscionable for Amy Grant to be
promoting Mitchell’s music to Christian young people.

A Role Model for Young People?

"A recent Rolling Stone piece portrayed her as a tough-talking,
no- nonsense fundamentalist who is every bit as ambitious as the real
Madonna, goes to Prince concerts (she doesn't enjoy the simulated
masturbation) and frolics naked on secluded African beaches...." [1]

"The beach incident occurred during a vacation, she explains, and
involved a woman companion. ''We threw off our clothes. Nobody was
there, nobody saw us. It was such a free, wonderful, childlike
experience. It was great. But then it can also be worded as 'let's get
naked.' '' Such tidbits are fodder for fundamentalists who criticize
Grant's worldly sound and appearances, although she says she ''would
never do anything that I thought would be offensive. I'm just trying
to live my life the best way I can.'' [1]

"I have a healthy sense of right and wrong, but sometimes, for
example, using foul, exclamation-point words among friends can be good
for a laugh." [2]

"Why isolate yourself? Your life isolates you enough. I'm isolated
when I walk into a room and somebody says, She's a Christian and
nobody offers me a joint and all the coke [cocaine]
disappears. . ." [3]

"I remember years ago the first time I smelled anybody smoking a
joint at a concert, I was thrilled. . . it meant to me that obviously
this person is not affected by the church peer pressure." [4]

References

[1] (Gospel Singer Amy Grant Crosses Over,
http://tinpan.fortunecity.com/gangsta/249/articles/ung/4.html#t)

[2] (Ladies Home Journal, December, 1985, p. 100)
[3] (Amy Grant, Bob Millard (New York, 1986), p. 169)
[4] (Amy Grant, Bob Millard (New York, 1986), p. 30)

The Devils' Music

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/CCM/amy_grant-exposed.htm

AirRaid

Jan 16, 2009, 9:06:13 AM1/16/09
On Jan 16, 4:48 am, "Covenant"
<covenantWITHNOSPAMPLE...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> "AirRaid" <AirRaid...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >    Amy Grant Exposed
> >    "I'm a singer, not a preacher, I'm not looking to convert anybody"
> >     says Christian rock diva Amy Grant. (Los Angeles Times, 5/4/84,
>
> Twenty.
> Five .
> Years.
> Ago.
>
> 'Lord' knows we're ALL exactly the same people we were then, eh !
>
> ;' )
>
> What an utter moron.
>
> --
> Covenant
> A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

It doesn't matter if it was 50 YEARS AGO.
Sin is Sin
two wrecked families are two wrecked families
and @ chrisnu, it wasn't merely a 'mistake' that she made,
it was a horrible unchristian thing to do. Amy has been an
influential public figure for decades and she has the ability to
influence countless people. if divorce is okay for Amy maybe it's okay
for John and Mary.
Amy hurt her children, more than we will ever know. It's a damn
shame.
I don't care how much Amy's fans defend her. what she did is
indefensible.
Can Amy be forgiven? yes absolutely. but only if she turns AWAY from
sins
"go and sin no more" Jesus said. Only if Amy gets on her hands &
knees, on her face and cries for true forgiveness. only if she tries
to make things right with her true husband, Gary. Of course, I do not
for one instant think that Amy would even think of doing such a thing.
not in this day and age. I expect selfish Amy Grant to continue to
live in sin. in adultery. in an UNGODLY relationship with that
adulterer Vince Gill. No contemporary modern celeb woman like Amy
Grant or country superstar man like Vince Gill seeks true forgiveness
like that. They only regret being caught. only regret the backlash
Amy got for the past decade+ That's all she is sorry about.