Kid a.

Wyatt TKP

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
what does everyone think of this wierd but brilliant album?

i thinks its *************** brilliant

FRED of LA

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
This is the first Radiohead album that sounded appealing enough for me
to bother buying a copy.

I think Thom Yorke et al. have been listening a lot to Sigur Ros and
Bjork.....and the inventive Kid A is the superior result.

At least Thom Yorke is allowing Radiohead to challenge itself in order
to grow and evolve musically.

No complaints here. I think Kid A is the perfect album for all of us
who never liked all of that other Radiohead geetar rawk band junk that
so many critics praised as brilliant and innovative.

Kid A is special. Call it dreampop for intellectuals. Whatever. It
gets better and better with each listen. The sonics (and the songs)
don't reveal their secrets at once......meaning this is some deep shit,
here.

The last band to make me this happy with a new (and equally atypical)
release was Adore by the Smashing Pumpkins.

Could this even mean that Yorke, like Corgan, may already be realizing
that the only thing holding him back musically may be the tired ole
formula rock n roll band concept that keeps all of his legions of fans
content.

I guess now we'll see how sincerely Mr. Yorke likes being a cult item
rather than a superstar.

It sure didn't go over well with Corgan, did it?

Different strokes?

Backslides to recapture the conservative fans?

Or, more future solo masterpeices?

The phantom knows.

We'll see.....

FRED of LA

raphex

Oct 4, 2000, 8:07:55 PM10/4/00
I love it, it's perfect. Not like OK C. but still perfect :o)

Wyatt TKP <es...@city.ac.uk> skrev i
meldingsnyheter:8rfnen$si4$1...@canard.ulcc.ac.uk...

Wyatt TKP

Oct 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/5/00
thing is though, this album seems so much like the logical step from Ok C.
After listening to both, they are similar, but very different.I love both of
them, and the bends, pablo honey etc.. Did you lot find the little book
hidden inside the cd case. How cool was that?

deX!

Oct 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/5/00
In article <8rfnen$si4$1...@canard.ulcc.ac.uk>,

"Wyatt TKP" <es...@city.ac.uk> wrote:
> what does everyone think of this wierd but brilliant album?
>
> i thinks its *************** brilliant

I like it very much. It's quite the fantastic piece of work. I
wouldn't call it groundbreaking or revolutionary, but it's very
well-crafted and has been zipping through my head for a while now,
especially "Idioteque" and "Optimistic".

deX!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

FRED of LA

Oct 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/5/00
I liked your review.

Thanks for sharing it here.

Can't say I agree with it, but it sure was well written and well
informed.

I guess everything depends on one's propensity for this new ethereal,
atonal, industrial, dreamgaze style.

Me, I love the stuff.

Likewise Kid A.

FRED of LA
no fan of Radiohead until two days ago.

codeb...@my-deja.com

Oct 5, 2000, 8:59:26 PM10/5/00
"Wyatt TKP" <es...@city.ac.uk> wrote:
> what does everyone think of this wierd but brilliant album?
>
> i thinks its *************** brilliant

Here's what I think of it:
http://users.eecs.ukans.edu/~coopea/theme_stream/KidA.htm

Let me know how you like my review.

Rilke8

Oct 6, 2000, 9:37:14 PM10/6/00
It reminds me more of Air and Pole than Ae. or aphex twin. Just to nitpick
with some of the reviews I have read. It is good stuff, and definitely less
commercial than OK Computer was. Less rock, more synth. Fine by me.

idea...@my-deja.com

Oct 7, 2000, 2:25:18 AM10/7/00
Get your dreampop from the people who created it.
visit www.dreampop.com
and listen to the mp3 samples of AlienTechnology

In article <14551-39...@storefull-115.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,