Eugenius (Vaselines), Anthony Moore interviews

Jason Gross

Jul 31, 2022, 2:35:49 PM7/31/22
Greetings,

In the new August 2022 issue of Perfect Sound Forever <https://www.furious.com/perfect/index0822.html>, you'll find (among other things):

EUGENIUS
Post-Vaselines; Interview with Gordon Keen
"Formed in 1990 from the ashes of the now infamous Vaselines, singer/guitarist Eugene Kelly, guitarist Gordon Keen (formerly of BMX Bandits) and their Glasgow cohorts gave us Eugenius (originally called Captain America), a band full of pop wonder and dreamy, driving rock. Signed to Atlantic in the wake of Nirvana's success and Cobain's fandom, the band made an initial splash with two albums (Oomalama from 1992, Mary Queen of Scots from 1994) before retreating to the sidelines. Which is a shame because there's some great pop hooks to be found among the noise. Read on and then go out and discover some great tunes."

ANTHONY MOORE
Avant pop- Flying, producing
"We've been doing a series of yearly interviews with the incomparable composer/singer/multi-instrumentalist Anthony Moore whose work goes back to the '70's with Slapp Happy and Henry Cow up through his solo work later that decade. Here, we take up the story in the mid-70's with his production work and his glorious 1979 album "Flying Doesn't Help," which has just been reissued by Drag City."

We also have a Spotify playlist with most of the artists above here:
<https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4Nk4GqOtFQYNDcIKmywqXi?si=e812a38f00614307>

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
Jason