LYRICS TO KULA SHAKER'S "TATTVA"

Stephany

Oct 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/25/96

Does anyone have or know where to get the lyrics
to Kula Shaker's "Tattva?" Also, does anyone know
how good the CD is??

Thanks in advance...

Persinthia Lawdro

Oct 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/26/96

In article <54r4vd$5...@news.campus.mci.net>, Step...@unccvx.uncc.edu says...

>Does anyone have or know where to get the lyrics
>to Kula Shaker's "Tattva?" Also, does anyone know
>how good the CD is??

The CD is excellent. It's very Byrds/Charlatans/Stone Roses influenced.
Definitely get the 'Tattva' CD single. The b-sides are great.

Here are the lyrics to Tattva:

Chorus:

Acintya Bheda Bheda Tattva (4 times)

Like the flower and the scent of summer
Like the sun and the shine
Well the truth may come in strange disguises
Send the message to your mind

(Chorus)

At the moment that you wake from sleeping
And you know it's all a dream
Well the truth may come in strange disguises
Never knowing what it means

(Chorus)

For you shall be tomorrow
Like you have been today
If this was never ending
What more can you say?

W.J.G...@ncl.ac.uk

Oct 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/28/96

cow...@ix.netcom.com (Persinthia Lawdro) wrote:

:Here are the lyrics to Tattva:

:
:Chorus:
:
:Acintya Bheda Bheda Tattva (4 times)
:
:Like the flower and the scent of summer
:Like the sun and the shine
:Well the truth may come in strange disguises
:Send the message to your mind
:(Chorus)
:
:At the moment that you wake from sleeping
:And you know it's all a dream
:Well the truth may come in strange disguises
:Never knowing what it means
:
:(Chorus)
:
:For you shall be tomorrow
:Like you have been today
:If this was never ending
:What more can you say?

:
:

Maybe I'm missing something here but that seems like a load of vaccuous
drivel to me.

JOHN

dougal mckinnon

Oct 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/28/96

W.J.G...@ncl.ac.uk wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something here but that seems like a load of vaccuous
> drivel to me.

Nope. You're right, mate

Simon Greenwood

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

> Jyoti Prakash Mishra
> (whistling a very happy raag cos his new single got played on Mark
> Radcliffe tonight)

Hi Jyoti -

Heard your tune on Radcliffe - seems there's a lot more where that came
from. Website? samples?
.

Jyoti

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

W.J.G...@ncl.ac.uk wrote about Kula Shaker's lyrics to 'Tattva':

>Maybe I'm missing something here but that seems like a load of vaccuous
>drivel to me.

Well, I reckon they were trying to do an Anglicised version of
traditional Hindi/Sanskrit lyrics. The lyrics do sound a lot like the
Hindi songs and some ghazals my Mum & Dad listen to.

The trouble is that they lose all the poetry in translation and end up
sounding like homgenised hippyish foppishness. But my parents love it
when they see KS on TV - they nearly fall off the settee laughing. You
should have seen them when they heard 'Govinda.' Imagine an Indian
band singing 'Oh Danny Boy' in terrible accents and you'll get a
similar cultural effect.

Hmmm. We give you pyjamas, thugs, juggernauts, the numeral zero,
tantric sex and Buddhism. You give us Kula Shaker. Shurley shome
mishtake?

love and kisses,

Andrew R. Oakley

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

dougal mckinnon <d.mck...@staffs.ac.uk> wrote:

>> Maybe I'm missing something here but that seems like a load of vaccuous
>> drivel to me.

>Nope. You're right, mate

Nevertheless, a great song. Some of the best songs have the worst lyrics
(Great Balls of Fire, anyone? :-).
Andrew Oakley <evil...@cimmerii.demon.co.uk> PGP Key ID 2E2C7969
GothIsOurGoalHereAtTheCimmeriiCorporationMoreCasualThanCasualIsOurMotto
http://www.cimmerii.demon.co.uk Home page, photos, links and much more
http://goth.acc.brad.ac.uk/darkhorizons News & Reviews of Dark Culture

Public_Access_Machine

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

Stephany wrote:

> Does anyone have or know where to get the lyrics
> to Kula Shaker's "Tattva?" Also, does anyone know
> how good the CD is??
>
> Thanks in advance...
> The CD is pretty consistent. It's pretty cool. It depends on your mood
and what your into, but it doesn't vary too much. If you like one song,
you'll like the whole thing. I think the Cd comes with lyrics, also.
Not sure though.
Matt

Mat...@aol.com
--
The opinions expressed in this communication are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Ant Chapman

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

In article <327a6374...@newnews.dial.pipex.com>, Jyoti
<jy...@dial.pipex.com> writes

>Hmmm. We give you pyjamas, thugs, juggernauts, the numeral zero,
>tantric sex and Buddhism. You give us Kula Shaker. Shurley shome
>mishtake?

hehehe - you the man, Jyoti :-)

Ant Chapman
"Tell you what I like about you,
Tell you what's the least I can do,
F**k all!" - Bear, "Bugs"

D Donnellan

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

In article <327697...@sbphrd.com>, Public_Access_Machine
<Public_Acc...@sbphrd.com> wrote:

> Stephany wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have or know where to get the lyrics
> > to Kula Shaker's "Tattva?" Also, does anyone know
> > how good the CD is??
> >
> > Thanks in advance...
> > The CD is pretty consistent. It's pretty cool. It depends on your mood
> and what your into, but it doesn't vary too much. If you like one song,
> you'll like the whole thing. I think the Cd comes with lyrics, also.
> Not sure though.
> Matt

Stephany & Matt,
Yes, the CD does come with full lyrics, and I like it aLot!
That dosen't necessarily mean you will too though..._one_may_say_it_rocks_(!)
but don't pay undue heed to the sometimes silly lyrics

Dervla

Jyoti

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

sim...@cix.compulink.co.uk ("Simon Greenwood") wrote:

>Hi Jyoti -
>
>Heard your tune on Radcliffe - seems there's a lot more where that came
>from. Website? samples?
>.

Yep. About six years worth. :-) You can find a discography at the URL
below and there's also a link to Parasol in Illinois (the label that
puts me out). Thanks for the interest.

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/elejyo/discography.htm

It's pretty basci at the mo but I'm going to put some RealAudio
samples up when I've got some more free time.

BTW - has *anyone* out there got any info on Servotron?
love and kisses,
Jyoti

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/elejyo/jyoti.htm
http://www.cu-online.com/~parasol/par004.html

Tim Stainthorpe

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96
<jy...@dial.pipex.com> uttered some gubbins:

>W.J.G...@ncl.ac.uk wrote about Kula Shaker's lyrics to 'Tattva':
>>Maybe I'm missing something here but that seems like a load of vaccuous
>>drivel to me.
>love and kisses,
>Jyoti Prakash Mishra
>(whistling a very happy raag cos his new single got played on Mark
>Radcliffe tonight)

And again tonight!!

"Excellent from a chap called Jyoti, a rather rotund fellow, 30 years
old, living in Derby" Said Mark.

"Bloody Brilliant!, where can I buy the EP?" Said I.

I heard something about Illinois records, but then again I was humming
the tune and missed it. Damn.

Tim Stainthorpe: A shandy drinker and proud of it.
t...@maingate.demon.co.uk
http://www.maingate.demon.co.uk

Simon Greenwood

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

Seconded. It must be hard sleeping with all those records under your bed
Jyoti - give us an address to send money and adulation to!

And speaking of Lard and Scrawn... anyone for a Mark Radcliffe ng?
.

NCR Morris

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

I think that the chorus is;
"I need to buy-a buy-a tadpole"

Hope this helps!
NEIL

Tim Stainthorpe

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

Definitely, I've just done the Kula Shaker one, and am more than prepared
to create one for my lickle heroes. What alt.hierarchy would it go into
though?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Tim Stainthorpe: Is it Friday yet?
t...@coventry.ac.uk (free)
t...@maingate.demon.co.uk (blummin expensive)

Illtud Daniel

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

Jyoti <jy...@dial.pipex.com> wrote:

>love and kisses,
>Jyoti Prakash Mishra
>(whistling a very happy raag cos his new single got played on Mark
>Radcliffe tonight)

And last night. I'd clocked the tune last time, but wasn't in a
state to register an artist. I'm impressed. Where do we get it,
then?

--
_ Illtud Daniel ida...@jesus.ox.ac.uk
X "I was born outta time" Napoleon Wilson -read Mr Nice- FFPGP

Illtud Daniel

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

In article <Pine.OSF.3.91.961031102700.7725C-100000@leofric>,

Tim Stainthorpe <t...@coventry.ac.uk> wrote:
>On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Simon Greenwood wrote:
>> Seconded. It must be hard sleeping with all those records under your bed
>> Jyoti - give us an address to send money and adulation to!
>> And speaking of Lard and Scrawn... anyone for a Mark Radcliffe ng?
>
>Definitely, I've just done the Kula Shaker one, and am more than prepared
>to create one for my lickle heroes. What alt.hierarchy would it go into
>though?

Alt? What's wrong with the uk.*? You'd get much better propogation.

Jyoti

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

sim...@cix.compulink.co.uk ("Simon Greenwood") wrote:

>Seconded. It must be hard sleeping with all those records under your bed
>Jyoti - give us an address to send money and adulation to!

Ey up - what about the free sweaty sex??

>And speaking of Lard and Scrawn... anyone for a Mark Radcliffe ng?

DEFINITELY!!

Without the MR show I wouldn't have got to hear Belle & Sebastian,
Gorkys and too many other bloody bands to shake a stick at. He's *got*
to have his own ng. I don't know the tech details but you can count on
my vote.

D'ya remember when I made that joke about Gorkys moving to Mercury and
getting palyed by Lisa Ianson - well it's happened. Okay, she didn't
know what the hell was going on and called them Gorkys Psychotic Manky
but that's pretty good going for 'daytime.' At least Simon Mayo gets
their name right...

And while I'm here, can any of our Welsh ukma brothers and sisters
translate the end bit of 'Patio?'

love and kisses, ___....-----'---`-----....___
Jyoti =========================================
___`---..._______...---'___
(___) _|_|_|_ (___)
\\____.-'_.---._`-.____//
~~~~`.__`---'__.'~~~~
~~~~~

Illtud Daniel

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

In article <327abca6...@newnews.dial.pipex.com>,

Jyoti <jy...@dial.pipex.com> wrote:

>And while I'm here, can any of our Welsh ukma brothers and sisters
>translate the end bit of 'Patio?'

If I could remember it I would.

mae'n bwrw glaw, so dal fy llaw
<blah> <blah> mor hir ...colli gormod o dir

It's raining so hold my hand,
<blah> <blah>'s so long ...lost too much land

Er, I dunno. I haven't bought the single (4 shame) and I haven't
been taking much notice of the radio recently.

If anyone feels up to giving me the phonetics (ha!) I'll remember
the proper lyrics & post them. Or I'll buy the CD tomorrow and
do it properly.

BTW - Gorky's fans couldn't do better than try and find the video
'banana', which features ten or so of their videos from Welsh telly,
and a truly funny bit (in english) where Euros gets an interviewer
believing that they burn down holiday homes for a laugh. Mail me
if you're interested & I'll try and find a source.

Whereas, of course, all true Welshfolk know full well that Meibion
Glyndwr wer@#{*&&
%!\"NO CARRIER

Rhys Williams

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

jy...@dial.pipex.com (Jyoti) writes:

>And while I'm here, can any of our Welsh ukma brothers and sisters
>translate the end bit of 'Patio?'

Which bit exactly? I'm going to see the Myncis tomorrow here in
Edinburgh - should be good. Great single BTW, heard it last night, I
intend to send Mark & Lard a copy of *our* single when it comes out...

Rhys

Illtud Daniel

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

Rhys Williams <rw...@tattoo.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

>ida...@jesus.ox.ac.uk (Illtud Daniel) writes:
>
>>mae'n bwrw glaw, so dal fy llaw
>><blah> <blah> mor hir ...colli gormod o dir
>
>>It's raining so hold my hand,
>><blah> <blah>'s so long ...lost too much land
>
> Oh that bit! Right, the bit you're missing is "Ond mae'r gaeaf mor
>hir" which means "but the winter's so long".

Yup, and now I'm not 100% sure that I've got it in the right
order. Is it "Dal fy llaw, mae'n bwrw glaw"? Or do they reverse
the order the second time round? I'm sure there's a 'so' in
there, though. <cue long discussion on quality of Gorkys' Welsh>

> Ydy nhw'n chwarae yn
>Rhydychen Illtud? Dwi'n mynd i weld nhw yma yng Ngaeredin nos fory,
>fedrai'm disgwyl...

Diawl lwcus. Na, tydy nhw ddim yn dod rownd fan hyn, HYGI. Mae'r
gig Manics/SFA/Cats yn y CIA di gwerthu allan 'fyd. Mae'r Cats
yn chwara fan hyn dydd Sadwrn nesa, though!

Gyda llaw - roedd Lleucs yn Rydychen dros y penwsos, ond mi
fanijo ni cholli hi (wel, roedden ni yn disgwyl amdani yn
y pyb heb sylwi fod nhw di cloi'r drws am y pnawn...)

[ObEnglishTrans: Rhys asked me how the subversion of the
future English establishment is going. I reply that the
plan's going well here at Oxford. I mention some of the
training with the CIA that some of our musical operatives
have been attending.]

Rhys Williams

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

ida...@jesus.ox.ac.uk (Illtud Daniel) writes:

>>And while I'm here, can any of our Welsh ukma brothers and sisters
>>translate the end bit of 'Patio?'

>If I could remember it I would.

>mae'n bwrw glaw, so dal fy llaw

><blah> <blah> mor hir ...colli gormod o dir

>It's raining so hold my hand,
><blah> <blah>'s so long ...lost too much land

Oh that bit! Right, the bit you're missing is "Ond mae'r gaeaf mor

hir" which means "but the winter's so long". Ydy nhw'n chwarae yn

Rhydychen Illtud? Dwi'n mynd i weld nhw yma yng Ngaeredin nos fory,
fedrai'm disgwyl...

Rhys

Tim Stainthorpe

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

On 31 Oct 1996, Illtud Daniel wrote:
> In article <Pine.OSF.3.91.961031102700.7725C-100000@leofric>,
> Tim Stainthorpe <t...@coventry.ac.uk> wrote:
> >On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Simon Greenwood wrote:
> >> Seconded. It must be hard sleeping with all those records under your bed
> >> Jyoti - give us an address to send money and adulation to!
> >> And speaking of Lard and Scrawn... anyone for a Mark Radcliffe ng?
> >Definitely, I've just done the Kula Shaker one, and am more than prepared
> >to create one for my lickle heroes. What alt.hierarchy would it go into
> >though?
> Alt? What's wrong with the uk.*? You'd get much better propogation.

It could go in the uk.media.radio.* hierarchy, you could call it
mark-n-lard, or radcliffe or something (not something exactly, but you
kn.. ..oh never mind)
Trouble is, I dunno if I conjure up all the RFD, rationale, charter
gubbins on my own.

Is anybody more clued up than I interested?

Thought not :-(

Tim Stainthorpe

Nov 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/1/96
<jy...@dial.pipex.com> uttered some gubbins:

>sim...@cix.compulink.co.uk ("Simon Greenwood") wrote:
>>Seconded. It must be hard sleeping with all those records under your bed
>>Jyoti - give us an address to send money and adulation to!
>Ey up - what about the free sweaty sex??
>>And speaking of Lard and Scrawn... anyone for a Mark Radcliffe ng?
>DEFINITELY!!

Wahey! I'm getting all excited!

>And while I'm here, can any of our Welsh ukma brothers and sisters
>translate the end bit of 'Patio?'

Isn't the last bit just truly gorgeous?

Let's get it in the fantastic charts ;)

Tim Stainthorpe

Nov 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/1/96

In article <55ahvj$q...@news.ox.ac.uk>, Illtud Daniel
<ida...@jesus.ox.ac.uk> uttered some gubbins:
>Paul Squires <p...@soc.unl.ac.uk> wrote:

>>> It could go in the uk.media.radio.* hierarchy, you could call it
>>> mark-n-lard, or radcliffe or something (not something exactly, but you
>>> kn.. ..oh never mind)
>>> Trouble is, I dunno if I conjure up all the RFD, rationale, charter
>>> gubbins on my own.
>Sigh. OK, I'll do it & get it pushed through on a fast-track. If I
>need to prove support I'll get back to here with an xpost to unnc
>and all the fans can add their 'me too's.
>I'm a former member of the newscoord cab^W group which re-organised
>the uk.* (and known to the present committee) and I don't see any
>problems arising. If anyone wants to input on the charter, email
>me & I'll set up a mailing list if warranted.

What a lovely chap!
How about a binary group for Lard to post his fat biffer pictures, and
avi's from Donkey Sex ;)

David Stevenson

Nov 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/1/96

For fellow CIX users, there is already a Mark/Lard conference,
see mark_radcliffe.
--
Home page http://www.compulink.co.uk/~ktl/hoagy.html
Alternate Email ho...@cix.compulink.co.uk or phone 0973 795327

The above article is the personal view of the poster and should not be
considered as an official comment from the JET Joint Undertaking

Tim Stainthorpe

Nov 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/3/96

In article <846936...@wildcard.demon.co.uk>, Cyber Surfer <cyber_surf
e...@wildcard.demon.co.uk> uttered some gubbins:

>In article <djs.846859298@gen-off-3> d...@jet.uk "David Stevenson" writes:
>> For fellow CIX users, there is already a Mark/Lard conference,
>> see mark_radcliffe.
>A fine conf, IMHO. ;-) There's now a /fact_desk topic, for those
>song lyrics. However, not everyone uses Cix,

Erm, extremely dum question I know, but how do you use CIX?

My web page has a Mark and Lard songbook:
http:/www.maingate.demon.co.uk/songbook.htm

Complete with wildly inaccurate Peela Tater lyrics, until I get off my
arse and go down to my local Indian Takeaway to get a new menu.

>so a Scrawn & Lard newsgroup would be an excellent idea.

Fantastic even.

>I dunno if this has been mentioned already, as I've only just started
>reading this discussion, but you can find Scrawn & Lard's pigeon holes
>on the BBC website:
><URL:http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/noframes/reception/pigeon/markradcliffe.html>
><URL:http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/noframes/reception/pigeon/markriley.html>

Isn't the photo of Lard just another stock one of Radlciffe?

Tim Stainthorpe <tim@maingate.demon

Nov 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/3/96

From: Tim Stainthorpe <t...@maingate.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Radcliffe & Lard (Was Re: LYRICS TO KULA SHAKER'S "TATTVA")

Fantastic even.

--
| Fidonet: Tim Stainthorpe <t...@maingate.demon 1:300/43
| Internet: Tim.Stainthorpe.<tim_maing...@pnet.playcom.com

Paul Squires

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

On Sun, 3 Nov 1996, Tim Stainthorpe wrote:

> My web page has a Mark and Lard songbook:
> http:/www.maingate.demon.co.uk/songbook.htm

Indeed it has, as all your Radcliffe/Lard pages are bloody ace! Audio
clips, a summary of the show, and those lyrics... it's so difficult to
laugh in a public place!
Go visit this site! - http://www.maingate.demon.co.uk/marknlard.htm

(But you didn't hear it from me)
Paul

Paul Neale Squires ~ University of North London, London N7 8DB, England
Home: http://www.unl.ac.uk/sofia/paul/
SOFIA: Film Studies on the Web! http://www.unl.ac.uk/sofia/

SEXYDEATH SODA

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

Has anybody got a tape of all of there songs ?

Or is anybody interested in compiling a bootleg tape of all there stuff ?
Just for a laugh.

I have decent copies of

peeler tater
ugly bleeder
and there easy listening version of sunshine of your life

that i could contribute.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| ******** ** * * * *** |
+ ** * * ** ** * * +
| ** **** * * * * ** "If you protest for long enough about |
+ ** * * * * * * something you eventually end up +
| ***** * * * * * *** protesting against yourself" |
+ +
| Email D...@Coventry.ac.uk BECK |
+ +
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Cyber Surfer

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

In article <BiyxeBAP...@maingate.demon.co.uk>
t...@maingate.demon.co.uk "Tim Stainthorpe" writes:

> Erm, extremely dum question I know, but how do you use CIX?

How I access Cix? Unconventionally. ;-)
See <URL:http://www.enrapture.com/cybes/empathy> for details.

> My web page has a Mark and Lard songbook:
> http:/www.maingate.demon.co.uk/songbook.htm

Thanks!

> Complete with wildly inaccurate Peela Tater lyrics, until I get off my
> arse and go down to my local Indian Takeaway to get a new menu.

Try the following (from /fact_desk - nicked from cix_karaoke/sing):

like the flowers in the scent of summer
mystic oriental spice
shall we take a pilgrimmage to our spiritual mecca?
oh bollocks to it let's have a curry and rice...

Chicken tikka poppadum tala (tala!)
aloo gobi poppadum tala (tala!)
onion bhajee poppadum tala (tala!)
plate of chips poppadum tala (tala!)

meditating with the maharishi
live a life that's pure and sparse
lamb jalfrezi and fifteen pints of lager
sends a message to your arse

bindi bhajee poppadum tala (tala!)
tarka dohl poppadum tala (tala!)
tarka the otter poppadum tala (tala!)
tennents extra poppadum tala...

> >so a Scrawn & Lard newsgroup would be an excellent idea.
>
> Fantastic even.

Absolutely!

> Isn't the photo of Lard just another stock one of Radlciffe?

Well, I recall seeing the two of them on TV once, perhaps on the
Fast Show or something similar. They _did_ look very similar...
--
<URL:http://www.enrapture.com/cybes/> You can never browse enough
Future generations are relying on us

Tim Stainthorpe

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96

In article <Pine.OSF.3.91.961104122359.5274D-100000@leofric>, SEXYDEATH
SODA <d...@coventry.ac.uk> uttered some gubbins:

>Has anybody got a tape of all of there songs ?
>Or is anybody interested in compiling a bootleg tape of all there stuff ?
>Just for a laugh.
>I have decent copies of
>peeler tater
>ugly bleeder
>and there easy listening version of sunshine of your life
>that i could contribute.

And I also have the Peelas, and A girl like you, Thats nice, and
(somewhere), The Ballad of Franny Lee.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Tim Stainthorpe: He's not big, and he's not clever
t...@maingate.demon.co.uk
http://www.maingate.demon.co.uk

James Thomas

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

In article <oZhLgJAC...@maingate.demon.co.uk>, Tim Stainthorpe <t...@maingate.demon.co.uk> writes:
|> In article <Pine.OSF.3.91.961104122359.5274D-100000@leofric>, SEXYDEATH
|> SODA <d...@coventry.ac.uk> uttered some gubbins:
|> >Has anybody got a tape of all of there songs ?
|> >Or is anybody interested in compiling a bootleg tape of all there stuff ?
|> >Just for a laugh.
|> >I have decent copies of
|> >peeler tater
|> >ugly bleeder
|> >and there easy listening version of sunshine of your life
|> >that i could contribute.
|>
|> And I also have the Peelas, and A girl like you, Thats nice, and
|> (somewhere), The Ballad of Franny Lee.

and there's a promo Lush 12" (for shake baby shake, i think)
with single bloke as a "hidden track".

james

--
-----------------------------------Radio Impulsive
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/jrt1003/radio/pulse/

David Stevenson

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

jrt...@cl.cam.ac.uk (James Thomas) writes:
>and there's a promo Lush 12" (for shake baby shake, i think)
>with single bloke as a "hidden track".
Ugly Bleeder is on one of the vinyl versions of a recent Sleeper
single (Nice Guy Eddie, I think).

NCR Morris

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

David Stevenson (d...@jet.uk) wrote:

: Ugly Bleeder is on one of the vinyl versions of a recent Sleeper

: single (Nice Guy Eddie, I think).

:
I know for sure that it's included on the cassette for Nice Guy
Eddie, 'cos I've got it!
NEIL

Harry F Doherty

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

What about their version of 'French Disko' by steriolab ?
--
---------------------------------------
Harry....@udcf.gla.ac.uk

@demon.net big ron

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

Never mind about Radcliffe & Lard, the fact of the matter is that Kula
Shaker are shite. I wouldn't give them cunts the steam of my shite! And
another thing that Crispien Mills, or whatever the cunt calls himself
these days, he has only got on due to Sir John Mills being a relative,
yes you know the one, the cheesy cunt (British actor) who starred in
those shite films back in nineteen biscuit.

Simon Greenwood

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

> Erm, extremely dum question I know, but how do you use CIX?

We pay a couple of ex-goths to go on holiday a lot and use strange
rickety serial mode software to spit things out to our fellow
sufferers^H^H^H^H^H^Husers and the rest of the world.

Simon
.

Illtud Daniel

Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96

In article <328244...@fs1.ch.umist.ac.uk>,
dave radcliffe <mcdi...@fs1.ch.umist.ac.uk> wrote:

>On the question of a news group shouldn't we push to get uk.media.radio.misc or
>u.m.r.radio1 as they don't exist.

u.m.r.misc exists, but I don't think that a R1 group is the way to go -
I'm certainly not interested in most of their stuff, and I think that
a focussed group would attract a lot more subscribers (compare
traffic in uk.media.tv.bablyon5 with uk.media.tv.misc).

Anyone care to comment?

Dave Radcliffe

Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96

Illtud Daniel wrote:

> dave radcliffe <mcdi...@fs1.ch.umist.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> >On the question of a news group shouldn't we push to get uk.media.radio.misc or
> >u.m.r.radio1 as they don't exist.
>
> u.m.r.misc exists, but I don't think that a R1 group is the way to go -
> I'm certainly not interested in most of their stuff, and I think that
> a focussed group would attract a lot more subscribers (compare
> traffic in uk.media.tv.bablyon5 with uk.media.tv.misc).
>
> Anyone care to comment?

Much egg on face (though not bhuna massala). When I listed all the ng's
last night I missed u.m.r.misc even though I was looking for it! For
some reason Netscape doesn't list it under the uk hierachy???

What is wrong with a dedicated ng? There exists a radio-4 specific and
also an archers specific ng under the uk hierachy. Why no radio-1.
What is wrong in encouraging subscribers and hence increase the variety
of discusion. Surely it would pull together diverse groups?

dave

ps oh forgot to mention in last post that radcliffe and Lamarr stood in
front of me while I was trying to do the lights for Jon Spencer (and i
thought the show was supposed to be live!)

--
Dave Radcliffe
Chemistry Department

Tim Stainthorpe

Nov 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/9/96

In article <328244...@fs1.ch.umist.ac.uk>, dave radcliffe
<mcdi...@fs1.ch.umist.ac.uk> uttered some gubbins:
>At last a thread I feel slightly at home in.....

>Cyber Surfer wrote:
>> In article <BiyxeBAP...@maingate.demon.co.uk>
>> t...@maingate.demon.co.uk "Tim Stainthorpe" writes:
>> > Isn't the photo of Lard just another stock one of Radlciffe?
>Dontcha just hate it when someone spells your name wrong ;)

Sorry Dvae, I was just excited.

>> Well, I recall seeing the two of them on TV once, perhaps on the
>> Fast Show or something similar. They _did_ look very similar...

>I was one of the 16 who turned up on the Thursday morning of the
>breakfast show, and I can say categorically that they aren't that
>similar. Lard had a tash/goatie and was much rounder in the face.

Presumably he was a great lardy arsed biffer too?

>If the pictures were correct on the bbc pages then they'd be twins.

Their spread in Sky magazine shows a definite difference in bodily
structure between the two, especially in the picture at the snooker
table.

P'raps the BBC are just protecting the public by not releasing Lards
mug?

>On the question of a news group shouldn't we push to get uk.media.radio.misc

That one exists already on Demons servers, i'd ask your news admin to
add it.

>or u.m.r.radio1 as they don't exist.

When's the dedicated Radcliffe one coming though?

>dave
>ps not related in anyway but did meet him in Sainsbury's

That's nice.
Tim Stainthorpe: F**k my hat, I didn't know that!
t...@maingate.demon.co.uk
http://www.maingate.demon.co.uk/marknlard.htm

Cyber Surfer

Nov 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/9/96

mcdi...@fs1.ch.umist.ac.uk "dave radcliffe" writes:

> At last a thread I feel slightly at home in.....

Hahaha! Now you can never leave! Oops, wrong thread and newsgroup...

> Cyber Surfer wrote:
> >
> > In article <BiyxeBAP...@maingate.demon.co.uk>
> > t...@maingate.demon.co.uk "Tim Stainthorpe" writes:
> > > Isn't the photo of Lard just another stock one of Radlciffe?
>
> Dontcha just hate it when someone spells your name wrong ;)

Yep, people do it to me all the time, even when my correctly spelled
name is right in front of 'em. It's one of them names with an extra
letter in it. BTW, my mistake was a typo, as you probably guessed.

> > Well, I recall seeing the two of them on TV once, perhaps on the
> > Fast Show or something similar. They _did_ look very similar...
>
> I was one of the 16 who turned up on the Thursday morning of the breakfast
> show,
> and I can say categorically that they aren't that similar. Lard had a
> tash/goatie
> and was much rounder in the face.

TV does strange things to people. For a start, it makes them look
incredibly _small_. ;-) Plus, it was a while ago.

> If the pictures were correct on the bbc pages then they'd be twins.

The camera _always_ lies.

> On the question of a news group shouldn't we push to get

> uk.media.radio.misc or u.m.r.radio1 as they don't exist.

Yes.

> dave
> ps not related in anyway but did meet him in Sainsbury's

I once waved to Ken Livingston, but not in a supermarket.
Now, if Ken was a radio DJ, this would almost be on-topic...

BTW, who remembers the Hawkwind session? I bet that Scrawn
and Lard could master the busking style of Dave Brock, but
which song to use for the blackmail corner? Hmmm.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to another Robert Fripp session.
No Potty Training!

Simon J

Nov 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/10/96

> > ps not related in anyway but did meet him in Sainsbury's
>
> I once waved to Ken Livingston, but not in a supermarket.
> Now, if Ken was a radio DJ, this would almost be on-topic...

Saint Ken is, he does a panel show on Radio 4 about lying ;0)

Simon J.

Must change my sig

--
*******Album of the month: Billy Bragg - William Bloke********

jAmES Lawson

Nov 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/11/96

ida...@jesus.ox.ac.uk (Illtud Daniel) wrote:

> u.m.r.misc exists, but I don't think that a R1 group is the way to go -
> I'm certainly not interested in most of their stuff, and I think that
> a focussed group would attract a lot more subscribers (compare
> traffic in uk.media.tv.bablyon5 with uk.media.tv.misc).

> Anyone care to comment?

humm. /another/ complicated namings argument...

You could have uk.m.r.bbc-r1 and uk.m.r.bbc-r1.radcliffe
or uk.m.r.radcliffe or uk.media.radcliffe - after all, he does TV
/and/ Radio...

jAmES.

Fidonet 2:442/621.42 & 2:2502/1.42 t e t r a c h l o r o m e t h a n e
CCl4 - "Far more lines than users" +44-1482-789064 & +44-1482-798249
dr_chasm #ccl4, #acorn, #zetnet -- http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/chasm/

]![ Handy Hints: Tie balloons up before letting them go.

Paul Squires

Nov 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/11/96

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, James Lawson wrote:

> humm. /another/ complicated namings argument...
>
> You could have uk.m.r.bbc-r1 and uk.m.r.bbc-r1.radcliffe
> or uk.m.r.radcliffe or uk.media.radcliffe - after all, he does TV
> /and/ Radio...

How about uk.m.r.bbc-r4 (General) and uk.m.r.bbc-r1.radcliffe (Mark and
Lard)? Away we go!

> ]![ Handy Hints: Tie balloons up before letting them go.

Ordinary size Mars bars make great fun size Mars bars for giants.

Weeeeee,

Andrew Wilson

Nov 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/11/96

Cyber Surfer <cyber_...@wildcard.demon.co.uk> wrote in article

> BTW, who remembers the Hawkwind session? I bet that Scrawn
> and Lard could master the busking style of Dave Brock, but
> which song to use for the blackmail corner? Hmmm.

yeah, i've got a tape of it somewhere; dunno about the hawks and extortion
corner (well i do: michael 'i made the album cack' moorcock on warrior on
the edge of time - "they called for a champion, champion" yeah right,
champion the wonder horse mate) but scrawn and lard's version of silver
machine: "i've got a washing machine" owes a great deal to nik turner's
-ahem- (silver) washing machine on the TAT album.

anrew

--
a.wi...@derby.ac.uk
zeds...@geocities.com

"meanwhile, down in the bottom of our garden
we been coming up toadstools, looks like a biological war
and the plants are winning, the people aren't even there anymore"

blood and bone - inner city unit

Whitney

Nov 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/11/96

Mark and Lard actually turned up in the first episode of 'Pulp Video' (I
think) and did a cod-DIY type programme called "WOT!?!?". It was
absolutely hilarious, and if anyone wants, I'll put a transcript of it on
the newsg.
One bit of it involved Mark doing some body-piercing on Lard ("a gullible
mate with baggy skin") with a piece of wood and a rusty old nail.

See ya.........Uncle Tony

gARetH baBB

Nov 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/11/96

In article <19961111....@zetnet.co.uk>,
ch...@zetnet.co.uk (jAmES Lawson) wrote:

> You could have uk.m.r.bbc-r1 and uk.m.r.bbc-r1.radcliffe
> or uk.m.r.radcliffe or uk.media.radcliffe - after all, he does TV
> /and/ Radio...

Or just radcliffe.*

SEXYDEATH SODA

Nov 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/11/96

Changing the subject slightly. Last night when i was trying to get some
work done i put on the radio and there on the radio was a jon
shuttleworth song that he did once on the radcliffe show. Something about
an accident on snake pass. Anyway apparently it is from his new EP. I
guess it`s got to be worth looking out for.

Rhys James Jones

Nov 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/11/96

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Paul Squires wrote:

> How about uk.m.r.bbc-r4 (General) and uk.m.r.bbc-r1.radcliffe (Mark and
> Lard)? Away we go!

Um... does anyone fancy emailing Mark Radcliffe and actually asking him,
Lard and Cheese what *they* actually want? Just a thought!

Rhys

----
http://galilee.swan.ac.uk/~rhys/

Tim Stainthorpe

Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96

On 11 Nov 1996, Whitney wrote:

> Mark and Lard actually turned up in the first episode of 'Pulp Video' (I
> think) and did a cod-DIY type programme called "WOT!?!?". It was
> absolutely hilarious, and if anyone wants, I'll put a transcript of it on
> the newsg.

I would like this please, and if anyone else has any articles etc, send
em over to me, because I'd like to add a fan page type thing to my site,
and stuff like this would be nice.

> One bit of it involved Mark doing some body-piercing on Lard ("a gullible
> mate with baggy skin") with a piece of wood and a rusty old nail.

I would love to have seen this!

> See ya.........Uncle Tony

Are you in your catalougue corner?

--
Tim Stainthorpe: F**k my hat, i didn't know that
t...@coventry.ac.uk, or: t...@maingate.demon.co.uk

Cyber Surfer

Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96

In article <01bbcfc5$ae7daf40$8e29...@pc-mo20.derby.ac.uk>
a.wi...@derby.ac.uk "Andrew Wilson" writes:

> yeah, i've got a tape of it somewhere; dunno about the hawks and extortion
> corner (well i do: michael 'i made the album cack' moorcock on warrior on
> the edge of time - "they called for a champion, champion" yeah right,
> champion the wonder horse mate) but scrawn and lard's version of silver
> machine: "i've got a washing machine" owes a great deal to nik turner's
> -ahem- (silver) washing machine on the TAT album.

Yeah, Nik Turner did a great job! The TAT album is worth getting
just for that track alone.

Pete Fenelon

Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96

SEXYDEATH SODA <d...@coventry.ac.uk> wrote in article
<Pine.OSF.3.91.961111104328.26179C-100000@leofric>...

> Changing the subject slightly. Last night when i was trying to get some
> work done i put on the radio and there on the radio was a jon
> shuttleworth song that he did once on the radcliffe show. Something about

> an accident on snake pass. Anyway apparently it is from his new EP. I
> guess it`s got to be worth looking out for.

Shuttleworth does this live, complete with various interesting props, and
it's a *killer*. The title track of the new EP is "Austin Ambassador Y-Reg"
which also has its merits.

pete
--
pete.f...@info-com.com

Cyber Surfer

Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96

In article <567sks$c...@nuacht.iol.ie> aml...@iol.ie "Whitney" writes:

> Mark and Lard actually turned up in the first episode of 'Pulp Video' (I
> think) and did a cod-DIY type programme called "WOT!?!?". It was
> absolutely hilarious, and if anyone wants, I'll put a transcript of it on
> the newsg.

Yes, I saw it. A transcript would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
That's the sketch in which I though they looked very similar.
Perhaps I was just laughing too hard? It's believable!

> One bit of it involved Mark doing some body-piercing on Lard ("a gullible
> mate with baggy skin") with a piece of wood and a rusty old nail.

Ahh, yes. A glorious moment.

Jyoti

Nov 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/13/96

SEXYDEATH SODA <d...@coventry.ac.uk> wrote:

>Changing the subject slightly. Last night when i was trying to get some
>work done i put on the radio and there on the radio was a jon
>shuttleworth song that he did once on the radcliffe show. Something about
>an accident on snake pass. Anyway apparently it is from his new EP. I
>guess it`s got to be worth looking out for.

Hmmm. I've got this song on the b-side of a 12" from years back by
John Shuttleworth. The a-side was the stupid classic, 'Swimming With
Sharon." I would recommend any keen listener to buy this if they see
it - marvellously funny lyrics with a smidge of the kind of pathos
Half Man Half Biscuit sneak in between gags.

BTW - the version of 'Snakepass' on the new single sounds like a
remix. Does anyone know for sure? What next? A DJ Roni version...come
to think of it....
love and kisses,
Jyoti

|White Town : http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/elejyo/wtown.htm
|Jyoti's Homey : http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/elejyo/jyoti.htm
|Parasol Records :http://www.cu-online.com/~parasol/par004.html

Cyber Surfer

Nov 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/13/96

In article <01bbd088$5a2192e0$947f...@goose.info-com.com>
pete.f...@info-com.com "Pete Fenelon" writes:

> Shuttleworth does this live, complete with various interesting props, and
> it's a *killer*. The title track of the new EP is "Austin Ambassador Y-Reg"
> which also has its merits.

Damn, that's a catchy tune! I can't get it out of my head.

jAmES Lawson

Nov 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/13/96

hi...@pobox.co.uk (gARetH baBB) wrote:

> > You could have uk.m.r.bbc-r1 and uk.m.r.bbc-r1.radcliffe
> > or uk.m.r.radcliffe or uk.media.radcliffe - after all, he does TV
> > /and/ Radio...

> Or just radcliffe.*

radcliffe.sex.fetish.lard

jAmES.

]![ No, Valerie Singleton doesn't live here /either/.

gARetH baBB

Nov 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/15/96

In article <19961113....@zetnet.co.uk>,
ch...@zetnet.co.uk (jAmES Lawson) wrote:

> > Or just radcliffe.*
>
> radcliffe.sex.fetish.lard

Smear it in !

Cyber Surfer

Nov 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/16/96

In article <Pine.LNX.3.91.96111...@eetywi.swan.ac.uk>

eejo...@eetywi.swan.ac.uk "Rhys James Jones" writes:

> Um... does anyone fancy emailing Mark Radcliffe and actually asking him,
> Lard and Cheese what *they* actually want? Just a thought!

I doubt they'd care. I mean, how often do they remember they
have email? ;-) Uncle Tony, now - he might be the one to ask.

Rhys James Jones

Nov 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/16/96

On Sat, 16 Nov 1996, Cyber Surfer wrote:

> I doubt they'd care. I mean, how often do they remember they
> have email? ;-) Uncle Tony, now - he might be the one to ask.

[Uncle Tony's Katalogue Korner music plays in background]

There's always fax, I suppose... Alternatively, is there any brave soul
who wants to phone 0500 1 10 100 next Monday and ask them? (I'll be in
transit between Newport and Swansea then, so I can't. Honest.)

Rhys

-----
Rhys James Jones | R.J....@swansea.ac.uk
Adran Ymchwil Lleferydd/Speech Research Group | (01792) 205678 ext. 4564
Ystafell/Room 403, Adran/Department EEE, CP Abertawe/UW Swansea

Tim Stainthorpe

Nov 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/17/96

In article <84818196...@baltic.swan.ac.uk>, Rhys James Jones
<eejo...@baltic.swan.ac.uk> uttered some gubbins:

>On Sat, 16 Nov 1996, Cyber Surfer wrote:
>> I doubt they'd care. I mean, how often do they remember they
>> have email? ;-) Uncle Tony, now - he might be the one to ask.
>[Uncle Tony's Katalogue Korner music plays in background]
>There's always fax, I suppose... Alternatively, is there any brave soul
>who wants to phone 0500 1 10 100 next Monday and ask them?

I thought they never opened the phones, save that rare occasion a couple
of months back?

>(I'll be in transit between Newport and Swansea then, so I can't.
>Honest.)

I'll be listening to the Mark Radcliffe radio programme, so I can't...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Tim Stainthorpe: He's not big, and he's not clever
t...@maingate.demon.co.uk
http://www.maingate.demon.co.uk

Paul Squires

Nov 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/17/96

On Sun, 17 Nov 1996, Tim Stainthorpe wrote:

> I thought they never opened the phones, save that rare occasion a couple
> of months back?

> I'll be listening to the Mark Radcliffe radio programme, so I can't...

All right then, I'll compose a letter and fax it at around 10pm on
Monday (ability to remember permitting, of course!)

Hurrah,

Cyber Surfer

Nov 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/17/96

eejo...@baltic.swan.ac.uk "Rhys James Jones" writes:

> There's always fax, I suppose... Alternatively, is there any brave soul

> who wants to phone 0500 1 10 100 next Monday and ask them? (I'll be in

> transit between Newport and Swansea then, so I can't. Honest.)

I can see it now: a phone-in spam-jake! A massive 16 people call
ask for exactly the same thing, word for word. It's believable!

Rhys James Jones

Nov 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/18/96

On Sun, 17 Nov 1996, Cyber Surfer wrote:

> I can see it now: a phone-in spam-jake! A massive 16 people call
> ask for exactly the same thing, word for word. It's believable!

Hmmm. Best stick to fax, then. This thread would have gone better if
someone who knew something about phones and stuff would have suggested
that.

I think Tim Stainthorpe's right: they don't really open the phones that
often anyway. Admittedly, they did allow callers to get through every
morning on the Breakfast Show, but that was exceptional.

Yours, forseeing Mark wanting uk.media.radio.scrawn, and Lard requesting
soc.culture.lard...

Rhys

Tim Stainthorpe

Nov 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/18/96

On Mon, 18 Nov 1996, Rhys James Jones wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Nov 1996, Cyber Surfer wrote:
> > I can see it now: a phone-in spam-jake! A massive 16 people call
> > ask for exactly the same thing, word for word. It's believable!
> Hmmm. Best stick to fax, then. This thread would have gone better if
> someone who knew something about phones and stuff would have suggested
> that.
> Yours, forseeing Mark wanting uk.media.radio.scrawn, and Lard requesting
> soc.culture.lard...

Lard would ask for alt.binaries.pictures.fatbiffer

SEXYDEATH SODA

Nov 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/18/96

My brother tells me that the BBC are currently running a new advert on TV
for the mark radcliffe show. Featuring both mark and lard. I guess it`s got
to be seen. It`s not the old one with mark drumming along to aqueuese (sp).

jAmES Lawson

Nov 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/18/96

d...@coventry.ac.uk (SEXYDEATH SODA) wrote:

> My brother tells me that the BBC are currently running a new advert on TV
> for the mark radcliffe show. Featuring both mark and lard. I guess it`s got
> to be seen. It`s not the old one with mark drumming along to aqueuese (sp).

I saw it late on Saturday night. I /saw/ it, didn't hear it though. Every
one was talking. Lots of shots of them in the studio doing the show with
a load of blurb written on screen at the end, but I can't remember what it
said. Too many beers.

jAmES.

Fidonet 2:442/621.42 & 2:2502/1.42 t e t r a c h l o r o m e t h a n e
CCl4 - "Far more lines than users" +44-1482-789064 & +44-1482-798249
dr_chasm #ccl4, #acorn, #zetnet -- http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/chasm/

]![ This would be a very good moment to admit your true identity.

Paul Squires

Nov 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/18/96

On Mon, 18 Nov 1996, jAmES Lawson wrote:

> I saw it late on Saturday night. I /saw/ it, didn't hear it though. Every
> one was talking. Lots of shots of them in the studio doing the show with
> a load of blurb written on screen at the end, but I can't remember what it
> said. Too many beers.

Them or you? ;)

Cheers,
Paul "Figs in Gravy"

Paul Squires

Nov 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/18/96

On Mon, 18 Nov 1996, Rhys James Jones wrote:

> Hmmm. Best stick to fax, then. This thread would have gone better if
> someone who knew something about phones and stuff would have suggested
> that.

I composed one last night and shall be sending it promptly tonight at
10pm!

Attacked by bad grammar yet again,
Paul (whose newsgroup would be uk.media.lanky.twat)

mahogohney

Nov 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/19/96

In article <84730974...@ian-one.demon.co.uk>,
big ron <ian-one @ demon.net> wrote:
>Never mind about Radcliffe & Lard, the fact of the matter is that Kula
>Shaker are shite. I wouldn't give them cunts the steam of my shite!
And
>another thing that Crispien Mills, or whatever the cunt calls himself
>these days, he has only got on due to Sir John Mills being a relative,
>yes you know the one, the cheesy cunt (British actor) who starred in
>those shite films back in nineteen biscuit.

i happen to like kula shaker. there good!!! (i like oasis better but
still..) you really should give them a 2nd listen because thay really
are good!
cheerios and frut loops too!
mahogohney(the liam lover*)
p.s if anyone would mind sending me the lyrics to
that kula song, then i'd be greatfully happy!

Tim Stainthorpe

Nov 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/19/96

In article <Pine.GSO.3.93.961118...@jamshyd.unl.ac.uk>,
Paul Squires <p...@soc.unl.ac.uk> uttered some gubbins:

>On Mon, 18 Nov 1996, Rhys James Jones wrote:
>> Hmmm. Best stick to fax, then. This thread would have gone better if
>> someone who knew something about phones and stuff would have suggested
>> that.
>I composed one last night and shall be sending it promptly tonight at
>10pm!

They must have, um, forgot or something.

Peter Metcalfe

Nov 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/28/96

On Sat, 16 Nov 1996 22:24:55 +0000, Rhys James Jones
<eejo...@baltic.swan.ac.uk> wrote:

>There's always fax, I suppose... Alternatively, is there any brave soul
>who wants to phone 0500 1 10 100 next Monday and ask them? (I'll be in
>transit between Newport and Swansea then, so I can't. Honest.)

Well I tried faxing a request as suggested and response did I get I?
"Did I 'eckers like." Room had to be made for dedications of hand
farting noises to adolescent girls, I suppose.

BTW do the Ed and Neil who kinda dominated "Wheel of Misfortune this
week subscribe to this newsgroup? Being students, I assume they've
Internet access. I'm interested to know what Mark (R) is actually
like. My impression is that he's a bit of a bastard... as to Lard,
that's anyone's guess.

Peter

High Grizebeck
Cumbria, UK

Paul Squires

Nov 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/29/96

On Thu, 28 Nov 1996, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> Well I tried faxing a request as suggested and response did I get I?
> "Did I 'eckers like." Room had to be made for dedications of hand
> farting noises to adolescent girls, I suppose.

I sent two, but I shouldn't complain, because I can stay up all night if I
like. Anyhow, it seems as if the newsgroup train is running at full speed,
cheers to Illutud!

> BTW do the Ed and Neil who kinda dominated "Wheel of Misfortune this
> week subscribe to this newsgroup? Being students, I assume they've
> Internet access. I'm interested to know what Mark (R) is actually
> like. My impression is that he's a bit of a bastard... as to Lard,
> that's anyone's guess.

How come? I don't get this from the conversations that he has in the
radio, although he did come down on Katie Puckrick last night. In my
dreams and on the radio, boom boom!

Ta,
Paul

Dave Radcliffe

Nov 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/29/96

Peter Metcalfe wrote:
> BTW do the Ed and Neil who kinda dominated "Wheel of Misfortune this
> week subscribe to this newsgroup? Being students, I assume they've
> Internet access. I'm interested to know what Mark (R) is actually
> like. My impression is that he's a bit of a bastard... as to Lard,
> that's anyone's guess.

I presume Ed and Neil are from the Met (formely known as the Poly) and
that they work in the building opposite the BBC. Do we have any more
details about who they are or what they do because then it would be
easier to track them down. As it is all I can say is that I can see the
building they work in from my office, but that basically means anything
from the BBC to Old Trafford!

Has anyone seen the Radio Times listings for the show? They all bare a
close relationship except that the reviewer adds another couple of words
to it everyday.
I'll post the contents later, sop you can see what I mean.

--
No cute seals were brutally blugdeoned in the writing of this mail

Dave Radcliffe
Chemistry Department
UMIST
new and updated: http://www.un.umist.ac.uk/postgrad/daver.html

Peter Metcalfe

Dec 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/9/96

>> BTW do the Ed and Neil who kinda dominated "Wheel of Misfortune this
>> week subscribe to this newsgroup? Being students, I assume they've
>> Internet access. I'm interested to know what Mark (R) is actually
>> like. My impression is that he's a bit of a bastard... as to Lard,
>> that's anyone's guess.
>
>I presume Ed and Neil are from the Met (formely known as the Poly) and
>that they work in the building opposite the BBC. Do we have any more
>details about who they are or what they do because then it would be
>easier to track them down. As it is all I can say is that I can see the
>building they work in from my office, but that basically means anything
>from the BBC to Old Trafford!

I was honoured to receive the following e-mail, and repost it with
permission:-

You probably don't know me in person, but only by voice. I was the
Edward from Audenshaw that was the Radio One Show TWICE, yes count em
TWICE, during the breakfast's that Mark had taken over from Chris.

The only reason that I can't reply back to the newsgroup is because
our Uni is is right bastard and won't allow us to send stuff out, but
we do get to read the stuff which isn't too bad. Just grabbed your
address from the newsgroup uk.music.alternative.

I was going to put up a webpage dedicated to the genius of Mark and
Lard, but I soon found out I was too late, everyone else had done it
already. You can still access my page with links to other sites and
the James Bond Transcripts at

http://members.tripod.com/~junge/mrframe.html

Anyway if you all want to know what Mark and Mark are really like,
then I will tell. The first time I met them, I went on the Bit and
Piece compo, it was a total piss take and fun while it lasted. The
studio was totally different to what I thought it would be, Lard was
playing the a snare drum for the Bit and Piece jingle, whilst Mark
sat behind an array of gadgets and hundreds of jingle
cartridges(Literally hundreds of the blue f**kers stacked 20 to a
pile). Anyway the game was crap (or was I crap, can't remember) and I
didn't win the car. After the show I asked a few questions on the top
records I wanted, that he had played on the show and the other guy
gave Lard a Demo of his band ('The Control' I think, if they get big
I was there with the lead singer). I saw Uncle Tony, Liz and
Michelle, although not Duncan 'Hair in a bun'. The worst thing that
got me is that they had everything written down and basically read
bits out, even the comedy bits. This made listening to them from then
on a bit off a let down. In the end I got sent some Radio 1 junk
(pen, stickers, t-shirt etc) and also a ultra rare signed photo of
Mark and the boy Lard (stlg200 to you my mate)

Another thing for you lot to discuss is whether Mark and Lard are
actually gay? I doubt it very much, but my mate mentioned it during a
drinking session over the weekend.

Got to go now, tell you about the Wheel of Misfortune later.....

Edward

************************
H C M Edward Jung
A H A 6518...@mmu.ac.uk
P R S 'Power is nothing Without Control'
P I !
Y S ! Visit my Home Page At:
. T ! http://members.tripod.com/~junge/
********************

High Grizebeck
Cumbria, UK

Paul Squires

Dec 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/9/96

On Mon, 9 Dec 1996, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> Another thing for you lot to discuss is whether Mark and Lard are
> actually gay? I doubt it very much, but my mate mentioned it during a
> drinking session over the weekend.

Evening session you mean!
If that is the case, then who has the bit, and who has the piece?
Boom boom!

> 'Power is nothing Without Control'

Top, top ad.

Cheers,

Simon Greenwood

Dec 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/9/96

The implication has long been there - if Scrawn ever says anything
vaguely romantic or pertaining to having a partner, it's almost
invariably followed by a 'hiya Mark!' from the lardy boy. This is, of
course, comic timing. The current routine about Lard's wife is of course
related, but be honest, you've seen the pictures, would *you* make the
beast with two backs with either of 'em?

.

Cyber Surfer

Dec 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/10/96

In article <E2678...@cix.compulink.co.uk>
sim...@cix.compulink.co.uk "Simon Greenwood" writes:

You wouldn't, would you?

Peter Metcalfe

Dec 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/10/96

>Another thing for you lot to discuss is whether Mark and Lard are
>actually gay? I doubt it very much, but my mate mentioned it during a
>drinking session over the weekend.

Well, does anyone have any info on Mark or Lard's marital / l-t
relationship status? I'd like to know whether I'd be in with anything
of a chance with either of them ;-)

Tim Stainthorpe

Dec 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/11/96

Get to the back of the queue mate!

Anyway, Marks got a girlfriend, and Lard is married and has just
had a new baby. They live on farms like Lords, and have loads of cars and
stuff. Lard has shares in Archive Recordings Ltd, and Radcliffe is a
qualified Drum Doctor.
That doesn't stop them from sleeping in the same bed in their terraced
house in Levenshulme though, and driving around in their Dolomite
dreaming of the specifications of Citroen Xantia's.

--

http://www.maingate.demon.co.uk/marknlard/ (Mark Radcliffe gubbins)