Interviews with Dramarama, Gravity Kills, HackedePicciotto; Peter Laughner article

Jason Gross

Oct 1, 2023, 9:18:43 PM10/1/23
Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <https://www.furious.com/perfect/index1023.html>, you'll find (among other things):

DRAMARAMA
Interview- NJ Scenario For Anything, by John Wisniewski
Obvious music fans from the start, record store owner (and bassist) Chris Wood, guitarist Mark Englert, singer/songwriter John Easdale, guitarist Pete Wood and a succession of drummers would form the whip-smart indie band Dramarama, first gaining wide recognition with the powerhouse song "Anything, Anything (I'll Give You)" which not only got solid radio airplay but also wound up in one of the Nightmare On Elm Street films. A move to L.A., major label contract and guest appearance by classic rockers somewhat helped their rep but after a string of impressive albums, they broke up in 1994. VH1 series “Bands Reunited” saw the re-emergence of the group in 2003 and their first new album in 12 years, Everybody Dies."

GRAVITY KILLS
Interview- Jeff Scheel Is (Not) Guilty, by Peter Crigler
"Gravity Kills were determined to be unique and different than most other 'industrial' bands, like My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult. Breaking out with the hit 'Guilty' (1996), the band blazed their way across the country and made not only lots of fans but quite an impression with their dynamic stage presence. When the bottom fell out of the alt rock world, the band went their separate ways in 2003. After a mid-2000’s reunion that petered out around 2010, the band have announced a hometown show."

HACKEDPICCIOTTO
Interview- Love Parade Meets Neubauten, by Richard Moule
"Danielle de Picciotto and Alexander Hacke are grateful for their friends. So much so that this experimental duo decided to pay tribute to them the only way they could: through their music. It is also the reason why the latest from this Berlin-based duo, under their moniker HackedePicciotto, is titled Keepsakes."

PETER LAUGHNER
Seminal Tragic Cleveland Figure, by Michael Freerix
"Peter Laughner wrote songs about Charles Baudelaire or Sylvia Plath, or simply about how life 'stank.' Being a brilliant guitarist, he played in many bands in his hometown Cleveland, Ohio, although he was more interested in transporting New York-state-of-mind to Cleveland. Well, that did not work out. At least he could convince Tom Verlaine and his band Television to play in Cleveland."

We also have a Spotify playlist with most of the artists above here:
<https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4Np45AncGC1xAFyDHdtZWQ?si=a58473de51f349e2>

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
Jason