Who's the better singer in OASIS? Liam or Noel?

Don Baxter

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

Now that we've heard Noel sing most of the songs on Unplugged,
and since he sings "Don't Look Back in Anger", who's got the
better voice, Liam or Noel? I think Liam's more suited to the
faster song, since his voice is more distinctive than Noel's.
But Noel's voice is cool on the acoustic songs.

Don

Message has been deleted

The Fountainhead

Oct 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/23/96

In article <1996102107...@bbs.cpcn.com>,

Noel has a good voice, especially for the acoustic stuff, but Liam
is a great singer and a brilliant frontman. Some people are
turned off by his voice and call it a 'whine' I prefer to call it
a sneer. It's perfect for the whole aura which Oasis put out.

Noel writes - Liam sneers - I listen.

The Fountainhead

**** The Fountainhead
Just because I didn't say it, it doesn't mean I didn't mean it.
------ law5...@leeds.ac.uk ------
The boy who's stars keep running away

HawkMoon

Oct 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/28/96

Well, I was at the Chicago show when Liam wasn't doing vocals, and after
hearing them live and hearing Liam do vocals on WTSMG and Definitely Maybe, I
would have to say Noel is better without a doubt, even though Liam has a wider
range.

~sara~
Hawk...@CaluNET.com

Sent from CaluNET, the Calumet Region's premier online service
Dial-in (219) 852-3022 * Information (219) 937-5757
Munster, Indiana, USA

Danilka

Oct 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/28/96

HawkMoon wrote:

> Well, I was at the Chicago show when Liam wasn't doing vocals, and after
> hearing them live and hearing Liam do vocals on WTSMG and Definitely Maybe, I
> would have to say Noel is better without a doubt, even though Liam has a wider
> range.

never heard Oasis live, but tell me - if Liam has a wider range than
Noel, does Noel sing in one note only?? What is it? C sharp? As I
remember, Liam's range is about 1/4 of an octave.

Rick Witter's Mum

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

No, no, no, no, no. Admittedly Noel sounds really good on record but
have you heard him singing live? It must take about ten takes for his
vocals on every tune. Having said that I heard he recorded the vocals
for "Setting Sun" in about ten minutes. So, thats arsed my theory.

Anyway, Liam is the better vocalist and the natural frontman. Noel
should just do what he's best at...playing guitar and writing those damn
classic tracks.

Thats just my opinion though.

Richie

P.S. The vocalist from No Way Sis is better than both of them at singing
live.

Leonardo Rivera e Johann Heiss

Nov 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/3/96
to Hawk...@calunet.com

The best singer in Oasis is mrs. Y O K O O N O

joh...@domain.com.br

Leonardo Rivera e Johann Heiss <riv

Nov 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/3/96

From: Leonardo Rivera e Johann Heiss <riv...@domain.com.br>
Subject: Re: Who's the better singer in OASIS? Liam or Noel?

--
| Fidonet: Leonardo Rivera e Johann Heiss <riv 1:300/43
| Internet: Leonardo.Rivera.e.Johann.Heiss.<r...@pnet.playcom.com

Luis Miguel Leal Pereira - Aluno Eng. Informatica

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96

Who cares?...

Now you see me. Now you don't.
Luis.

iiamWills

Jun 9, 2022, 11:03:33 PM6/9/22
holy crap this chain is from 1996 lol

OldbieOne

Jun 13, 2022, 3:29:14 PM6/13/22

"iiamWills" <littlek...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Ok, let's do this. Liam was the best singer, and Noel the best songwriter in
the band. But Oasis was, and always will be, overblown shite!

--
OldbieOne

The One Who Tells It Like It Is (TM)
Brought to you by RetroPC w/Windows v4.0.950B