The Fall (interview), Syd Straw article

Jason Gross

Feb 1, 2021, 8:37:46 PM2/1/21
Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <http://www.furious.com/perfect/index0221.html>, you'll find (among other things):

THE FALL
Interview with co-founder Martin Bramah (Blue Orchids) by John Wisniewski
"While a craggily guy named MES (RIP) is almost always now seen as the not-so-cheery face of the Fall, the fact is that early on, they really were a band and not just him and your granny on bongos, as he once joked. When the band started up in the mid-'70's, there were five actual individuals who made up the band and just a singer and a back-up group. Guitarist Martin Braham was one of the founders of the Fall and on the group's 1979 debut LP, he co-wrote most of the songs with said MES and would later go on to form the Blue Orchids."

SYD STRAW
More than just a pretty voice by Kurt Wildermuth
"It is a truth universally acknowledged that the pop-rock-folk-country artist Syd Straw is a gifted singer. By "universally," I mean within the small but beautiful world of people who've heard her sing, whether live, on her own recordings, or on her guest appearances. As we'll see, Straw has pipes, but she doesn't have a signature approach. She sings in service of the song."

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
Jason