Tool, Faith No More

GOLDHAMMER MARK EDWARD

Jan 18, 1993, 2:53:22 AM1/18/93
Is anyone else out there in awe of Tool's 'Opiate'? I'd be interested in
hearing from someone who has seen them live, or knows more about them. All
I know is they is good.

Also, If anyone could post their experience at Faith No More shows. I'm
curious as to what they are like live. BTW, did anyone see them last week
on Jay Leno's show (of all places). I turned it on, and they were in the
middle of that James Taylor song, 'easy like sunday morning' or whatever
it's called. Wierd...

Ramez Naam

Jan 18, 1993, 9:34:10 AM1/18/93
gold...@spot.Colorado.EDU (GOLDHAMMER MARK EDWARD) writes:

> Also, If anyone could post their experience at Faith No More shows. I'm
>curious as to what they are like live. BTW, did anyone see them last week
>on Jay Leno's show (of all places). I turned it on, and they were in the
>middle of that James Taylor song, 'easy like sunday morning' or whatever
>it's called. Wierd...

FNM is, IMHO, simply the best live band in the world. Mike Patton is
a madman on stage. I saw then at the American Theatre in St. Louis
a couple months ago (with Helmet), and they simply had the crowd eating
out of their hands. Seeing FNM live also gives you a new appreciation
for Patton's vocal range, because he does the full range of vocal
affects _live_. Imagine going from _Jizzlobber_ straight into
_Easy Like Sunday Morning_. If you have a chance to see them live,
by all means do it, it'll be worth your while.

--
Ramez Naam
na...@terra.cecer.army.mil

Daniel W. James

Jan 22, 1993, 2:15:16 AM1/22/93
gold...@spot.Colorado.EDU (GOLDHAMMER MARK EDWARD) writes:

> Is anyone else out there in awe of Tool's 'Opiate'? I'd be interested in
>hearing from someone who has seen them live, or knows more about them. All
>I know is they is good.

YES YES YES! I haven't yet had the opportunity to see them live, but they
come around this area from time to time. Opiate is the most awesome album
(well maybe not THE most awesome album, but if ever there was an album that
I use to test just how loud my car stereo will go, this is the one!)
Daniel W. James In Cal: (800) 468-6486 | ccpoabt!d...@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US
CCPOA Benefit Trust Fund (916) 923-6080 | ...!pacbell!sactoh0!ccpoabt!dan
3780 Rosin Court, Suite 250 +----------------------------------

Patrick L Berry

Jan 23, 1993, 6:33:53 PM1/23/93

I saw Faith No More at UC Davis on Jan 18. They were really cool.
Mike Patton is a bit insane. Some one threw a tampon onto stage and he
dropped his pants and tried to stick it up his rear. They played mostly
stuff from Angle Dust, three songs from Introduce Yourself, and the rest
from The Real Thing. The pit was pretty mellow from what I've heard about
FNM pits (ie Day on the Green). Highly recomendable show to see, if you
like the new stuff.

Iam3...@comcast.net

Mar 27, 2013, 2:23:32 PM3/27/13
I saw them in 1993, @ Freeborn Hall in Davis, CA. Great concert. Then Patton shoved a tampon up his ass on stage, pulled his pants pack up, and did 3 more songs til the show ended. W.T.F.