Has anyone heard of Sum'Bulala?

GazPacho

Mar 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/25/00
I don't know if this is the name of the band or the song. It is a
female voice singing with male background singers. Any help is
greatly appreciated.

Kit

David N.

Mar 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/25/00
Kit:
My best guess is that the correct spelling is "Soumbouya"...part of the
title of a song by Salif Keita of Mali. This is off of his Mango release
LP "Soro"...available on CD I believe. The song is "Sina (Soumbouya)"
and includes an excellent chorus that includes women vocalists as well.

David N.

siyan...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2012, 10:20:37 AM8/27/12
Hi, it's a song by South Africa's Brenda Fassie. Sum'bulala means 'don't kill her/him' then the answer ngobuzomdinga meaning 'coz you'll need her/him'.
Message has been deleted

stanle...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2014, 6:43:37 PM7/5/14
Siyan is absolutely right

timothee....@kilogoldmines.com

May 30, 2016, 8:48:29 AM5/30/16
I want someone to translate me all the song in English because I like it. What does he sing really? Please help

genera...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2018, 4:31:32 AM1/26/18
Just the lyrics of sina track song of salif keita
Message has been deleted

bazima...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2019, 4:10:41 AM2/28/19
Hey! I know what song you’re talking about. It’s called Sum’ Bulala and it’s by Brenda Fassie. She was an extremely talented South African musician. I grew up listening to her. Would definitely say she’s worth looking into.

mima...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2019, 3:57:08 PM10/13/19
On Saturday, March 25, 2000 at 8:00:00 AM UTC, GazPacho wrote:
> I don't know if this is the name of the band or the song. It is a
> female voice singing with male background singers. Any help is
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Kit

Her name is Brenda Fassie. Within the song I believe it is Ladysmith Black Mambazo doing the backing vocals.