article vs. file

1 view

Yuri005

Apr 10, 2002, 11:24:06 PM4/10/02
it's a shame that none of these well made tickling segments are available as
files; at least not the latest of the batch. does anyone know how to work with
that? thanks

AnonPost

Apr 11, 2002, 2:07:38 AM4/11/02

"Yuri005" <yur...@aol.com> wrote in message

It's a problem --again -- and a reported one -- only on AOL's news reader.
The posts, 40,000 segments of them, can be found on private news servers\
such as Usenetserver, EasyNews, Mammoth News, and Altopia. Giganews
and Supernews filter all binary posts to this newsgroup, considering it
rogue.
When AOL's "filegrabber" newsreader works, requiring all segments to be
small
even to make it on the server, nothing's easier. And it's been fine for a
while.
But all the segments are making it and they aren't joining together to form
the
.WMV files as they should.

Send complaints --as I did -- specific to binary non-propogation on this
newsgroup
to sup...@aol.com, newsm...@aol.com, and tosu...@aol.com
A little volume in expressed unhappy AOLers may motivate them to fix the
problem again. It AIN'T the NNTP posting host/server or *any* other decent
private or ISP's news server.

Again, it's always perfect on Newsguy, Mammoth News, Altopia, Usenetserver,
and EasyNews. Supernews/Remarq and Giganews are problematic. Greatest,
longest file retention can be found on Usenetserver, EasyNews, and the
Mammoth
News Server. Don't know about individual ISPs except that Earthlink has a
great Usenet binary propagation rate...but for diminishing times of
retention on the
Earthlink news server.

I hope it's all str8ned out soon. There is some CLASSIC BRAND NEW STUFF
(f/m and m/m) that's been put-up on AMT for the enjoyment of many.

I hope those of you non-AOLers into it are taking full advantage of the
abundance
of files. We've mastered the new .WMV (Windows Media Video) as the best
encoding system, combining stereo audio quality and great video clarity and
motion. Easy as hell to use and set-up, too.

Hope it works out on AOL.