[AD] Hesperia beckons!

Fletchez

Mar 2, 2003, 11:01:52 AM3/2/03

HESPERIA
telnet telnet://hesperia-mud.org:7000
IP telnet://209.83.132.83:7000
homepage http://www.hesperia-mud.org

'Caught in the whirlwind of the War of Ages, the battle of the
Immortals, lies the Hesperian Realm. From the Black Fortress and
foul armies of the Dark Lord, all the way to the Paradise of the
Covenant, you will recognize a theme of the utmost tragedy: a love
story which shaped the perpetual war raging on Hesperia. Brutally
thrown into this realm because of your own stupidity, you decide
to make the best out of it. Motivated by the interest the Immortals
seem to take in recruiting Earthlings, you vigorously start your
new career.'

Hesperia is a medieval fantasy mud originating from an ENVY 2.0
base code. For 2 years non-stop, our Staff worked on the Hesperia
Project off-line. A large amount of features was added to shape a
unique world and game. The entire code was incorporated in our
vision of a consistent world. All was tested thoroughly for three
months, after which we opened for the public on the 1st of October,
1998. Since then we've built up a small and enthusiastic player
base. We invite you to come play and enjoy our work. Trust us,
over 6 years of development show!

Hesperia in brief:
- A completely unique WORLD of over 20000 rooms, specially written
for Hesperia, meeting our high standards for area writing.
- Thorough historical and religious background provided in the game.
- A NEWBIE-FRIENDLY enviroment, offering a MUDSchool and Immortals
and players who are willing to answer questions and help you.
- An extensive HELP system, offering help on everything in the game.
- Ten sentient player RACES, complete with racials.
- Eight full-fledged CLASSES, each with unique class definers.
- Over 300 SPELLS and SKILLS, many of which are unique to Hesperia.
- Three mortal RANKS, featuring a total of 550 mortal LEVELS, each
rank coming with a unique mix of spells and skills for your class.
- A religious system in which players choose a RELIGION to follow
and do tasks for. Within each religion are several high positions
achievable for players, such as becoming the religion's CHAMPION.
- COACHING-LINES, offering transportation to every major place.
- A SAILOR class able to sail SHIPS on the extensive Hesperian SEAS.
- MAGES who after 30 generic levels are required to specialize in one
of four PATHS: Wizardry, Elements, Necromancy or Daemonologist.
- A whole series of new commands and features to ease up game play,
such as TOP to change group order and GEAR to define and handle
whole sets of gear at the same time.
- Many other features, most of which can be found on our homepage, or
by giving the game a try. Of course the game is completely free of
any charge, this is our hobby as much as it is yours!

We hope for the above to give you a bit of an idea what Hesperia is
like. The best way to find out is to visit our homepage or login to
the game and see if you like it. Have fun!

HESPERIA
telnet telnet://hesperia-mud.org:7000
IP telnet://209.83.132.83:7000
homepage http://www.hesperia-mud.org

clayton...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2014, 1:28:40 AM7/29/14
I have fond memories of this mud. It's been offline for not sure how long now...any chance of releasing it getting it back online or releasing it publicly?