when FTP a file the "archive" attribute is sometimes set and I can't change the filename

George Lewycky

Feb 29, 2016, 5:48:44 PM2/29/16

Hello

I have a batch job running on SQL Server to GET an ascii file from an AS/400 machine and after I process it I rename the file with a date stamp using Transaction SQL (T-SQL) under SQL Server

Its been running a few years without a hitch but this year the file won't rename and I'm suspecting its due to the "A"rchive attribute being set--but only its 5th time this year?

Upon researching I'm seeing two techniques of removing the Archive attibute before I try to rename the file using T-SQL. The "A" appears when I use DIR or when I look into the files advanced attributes and the checkbox is clicked for "file is ready for archiving"

get /home/timiprod/elestfr/elevescl.txt c:\ATSToday.txt

I'm tempted to just add the following command:

ATTRIB -A c:\ATSToday.txt

NOTE the rename occurs not with DOS but with SQL Servers sp_OACreate command:

DECLARE
@newname varchar( 250 );
SET @dt = GETDATE( );
SET @newname = 'ATS_Archive' + CONVERT( varchar( 15 ) ,@dt ,112 ) + '_' + REPLACE( CONVERT( char( 5 ) ,GETDATE( ) ,108 ) ,':' ,'' ) + '.txt';