new email list for the discussion of all things batch

Sponge Belly

Nov 8, 2020, 4:12:44 PM11/8/20
Hello All,

Icymi, Yahoo! Groups is shutting down on Dec 15th:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN35505.html

When YG goes, the Batch World group will go with it. BW is 20 years old and has 1500+ members.

I think BW's imminent demise is a shame because it's the only email list I know of devoted to Batch. So in an attempt to continue its long history, I set up a new group called Batchville:

https://groups.io/g/batchville

on Groups.io. To subscribe, send an email to:

batchville...@groups.io

I look forward to hearing from you! :)

- SB

Auric__

Nov 9, 2020, 1:21:20 PM11/9/20
...or, you know, stick with Usenet.

--
There are 10 kinds of people:
those who understand binary numbers and those that don't.

Dewayne Mcclough

Jul 29, 2021, 1:39:10 PM7/29/21

Dewayne Mcclough

Jul 29, 2021, 1:39:41 PM7/29/21
On Monday, November 9, 2020 at 1:21:20 PM UTC-5, Auric__ wrote:
I need help my Internet is connected but it's not connected

Auric__

Jul 30, 2021, 12:26:41 PM7/30/21
Dewayne Mcclough wrote:

[snip]

> I need help my Internet is connected but it's not connected

<David Attenborough>

Ah, yes, the call of the wild Google Groupie. An uninformative request for
help, posted as an off-topic reply to an unrelated topic in a seriously off-
target group, without trimming unnecessary items like my sig... or the rest
of the thread, for that matter.

</David Attenborough>

FWIW, you idiot, if you're able to access Google Groups, then you are already
connected to the internet.

--
Many dreams come through the gates of ivory, and they lie.
A few dreams come through the gates of horn, and they speak to us truly.

Sponge Belly

Aug 27, 2021, 5:17:59 PM8/27/21
Hi Auric,

Thanks for bumping this thread. ;)

Just a reminder to everyone that all are welcome to join Batchville. Visit:

https://groups.io/g/batchville

for more information, or simply send a blank email to:

batchville...@groups.io

Thanks!

- SB

Kerr-Mudd, John

Aug 28, 2021, 5:28:04 AM8/28/21
Or you *could* post batch code here. Just saying.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.