Late night threads reached it's limit I guess.

kelpzoidzl

Nov 2, 2022, 3:17:51 PM11/2/22
Almost 2023 and there still is no proof of intelligent life in the goldfish bowl.

Don Stockbauer

Nov 9, 2022, 4:58:51 AM11/9/22
On Wednesday, November 2, 2022 at 2:17:51 PM UTC-5, kelpzoidzl wrote:
> Almost 2023 and there still is no proof of intelligent life in the goldfish bowl.

Does a dog have Buddha nature?

You should be able to answer this one being the all wise Buddha guy.

kelpzoidzl

Nov 10, 2022, 5:38:04 AM11/10/22
The answer is yes, not MU.
Having the nature innately and inherent, does not mean it's manifest at the moment, except as potential. But if you could see the dog's past present and future it would be clearly there.

Don Stockbauer

Nov 10, 2022, 11:21:31 AM11/10/22
Hofstadter, in Godel Escher Bach , who is pretty deeply into Zen, certainly does not have the knowledge you have, he talks a lot about MU, unasking a question I do know a little bit about it but just superficially because hofstadter's knowledge is also superficial.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

kelpzoidzl

Nov 11, 2022, 4:36:42 AM11/11/22
Originally Chan/Zen was the name of a sect in China (Chan) and Japan (Zen) It became a fad with the intellectuals, Samurai and Certain governmental regimes in Japan but originally sprang from various sects in China that had sprung from Tien-tai Sect.
They focused on riddles and strict zazen meditation. Leaving Tien-Tai was a non-appreciative thing to do. The appropriated lots of Tien-tai but missed the most important things. They diminished the importance of the sutras and replaced real buddhist practice with Koan riddles. The most prominent WERE Hakuin and Dogen, who both returned to the Lotus Sutra in later years but somehow most Zen was based on their earlier years and their fictional founder BODHIDHARMA.

Nichiren called zen
, "The bottomless pit" because they fell into the arrogance of thinking they didn't need to practice that they were Buddha's already. Missing a major point. Theoretically all beings are "Buddhas" already but inactuallity it goes much deeper than that.
Message has been deleted

Don Stockbauer

Nov 11, 2022, 1:36:44 PM11/11/22
I can't comment on something I know nothing about. perhaps we should try to find a mutual ground such as Live Cleo's various showstoppers.

KelpsZoidzl

Nov 15, 2022, 2:47:45 AM11/15/22
> > , "The bottomless pit" because they fell into the arrogance of thinking they didn't need to practice that they were Buddha's already. Missing a major point. Theoretically all beings are "Buddhas" already but in actuallity it goes much deeper than that.
> I can't comment on something I know nothing about. perhaps we should try to find a mutual ground such as Live Cleo's various showstoppers.

I can't comment on Live Cleo's various showstoppers because I have no idea what it is.

I can add a you tube link to a concert I videoed on 11/5/2022. Jeff Beck and Johnny Depp in Thousand Oaks CA
To me Jeff Beck is the Kubrick of Cosmic Guitar.

https://youtu.be/Zyv7wBtY564

KelpsZoidzl

Nov 15, 2022, 3:09:52 AM11/15/22
The whole concert in 4k

Jeff Beck is not a guitarist who plays pentatonic scales. He plays melodies.
Johnny Depp is now his sidekick disciple and it's fun to watch. The bass player and drummer keyboardist are also pretty involved. Crank it up.

Don Stockbauer

Nov 15, 2022, 9:41:10 PM11/15/22
Live Cleo is a porn star ,one of the best , great endurance , lots of moves , I only know of her second hand , I would never watch porn.

Don Stockbauer

Nov 15, 2022, 9:45:26 PM11/15/22
There is one song that I really like to crank up loud when I'm in the mood , it's Simon and Garfunkel's "Sound of Silence."

Don Stockbauer

Nov 16, 2022, 4:38:25 PM11/16/22
So Johnny Depp's sunk from being a movie star to being involved in rock 'n' roll?
Message has been deleted

KelpsZoidzl

Nov 20, 2022, 12:28:46 PM11/20/22
I don't think he has sunk as a movie star either. He says he would rather have been a Rock and Roller in the first place.

Jeff Beck was his idol and now he is working with 78 year old Jeff Beck who's guitar playing is miraculous.

Don Stockbauer

Nov 20, 2022, 5:27:28 PM11/20/22
I'll have to experience more of the two of them.

Don Stockbauer

Nov 21, 2022, 2:32:55 PM11/21/22
I've been listening to a lot of Lesley Gore here lately . What I can't figure out is Lesley Gore is a pretty bad name for a woman; why didn't she change it to Herman Gore?

Don Stockbauer

Nov 22, 2022, 3:11:17 PM11/22/22
I need to retire that joke because it's not fair to her family and her descendants so I hereby apologize.

Don Stockbauer

Nov 26, 2022, 9:07:38 PM11/26/22
So I have to talk about Jeff Beck and Sean Penn ;
I don't know anything about them.

Don Stockbauer

Nov 29, 2022, 7:28:51 AM11/29/22
Did the Star Child know when he detonated the orbiting nuclear weapons that that would just kick off World War III on the ground , remelting the Earth's crust and selling a whole lot of movie tickets? And endless speculation?

Don Stockbauer

Dec 2, 2022, 10:27:36 AM12/2/22
You know, if you try to analyze nonsense like the movie 2001 you'll be there analyzing a long long time but as they say with all such movies it had great special effects.

Don Stockbauer

Dec 2, 2022, 2:34:07 PM12/2/22
Buzz Aldrin hated hecklers ,seems I remember he even punched one in the nose , but the one I like is someone in the crowd was yelling "It wasn't real , it wasn't real , it wasn't real " and he replied "Sure seemed real to me."

kelpzoidzl

Dec 3, 2022, 3:39:40 AM12/3/22
Sean Penn?

kelpzoidzl

Dec 3, 2022, 3:40:36 AM12/3/22
It was real alright.

kelpzoidzl

Dec 3, 2022, 3:42:55 AM12/3/22
It was, the Doomday Machine....those fools!

Don Stockbauer

Dec 3, 2022, 2:15:18 PM12/3/22
always get those two mixed up

sure , the doomsday machine , science fiction allows all future outcomes imaginable , doesn't it?

Don Stockbauer

Dec 3, 2022, 8:37:23 PM12/3/22
Einstein had that saying "Logic will take you from point A to point B ; imagination will take you anywhere ".
Imagination can be used to put a man on the moon , it can also be used to create a nuclear weapons system."

kelpzoidzl

Dec 4, 2022, 3:44:05 PM12/4/22
There are inner voices that are contradictory, yet true awakening comes from within and expands to infinity.

Don Stockbauer

Dec 4, 2022, 6:36:39 PM12/4/22
But the only thing that's inside last time I checked was a heart and liver and pancreas etc etc , a few old bullets from former arguments.
Message has been deleted

Don Stockbauer

Dec 8, 2022, 10:27:26 AM12/8/22
On Wednesday, December 7, 2022 at 6:39:07 PM UTC-6, Don Stockbauer wrote:
> Well that was rather flippant, wasn't it ?
>
> also I'll say that your comment is a cliché and doesn't tell us much of anything.

Douglas hofstadter in one of his books has an article called "the tumult of InnerVoices " which is a good article to read concerning inner voices.

Don Stockbauer

Dec 8, 2022, 5:33:14 PM12/8/22
What's that lyric? "There's someone in my head but it's not me."

Don Stockbauer

Dec 8, 2022, 8:27:09 PM12/8/22
That's certainly an inner voice , all right.
Message has been deleted

KelpsZoidzl

Dec 12, 2022, 2:42:50 AM12/12/22
Certainly you know what "mind" is.

As in, whose mind the store.

KelpsZoidzl

Dec 12, 2022, 2:44:46 AM12/12/22
Well? So what is it sayin'?

Don Stockbauer

Dec 12, 2022, 11:01:53 AM12/12/22
Yeah I learned the word "mind" pretty early on .
What it's saying , I think it's basically nonsense . Maybe we could write to Pink Floyd and find out.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

KelpsZoidzl

Dec 19, 2022, 9:12:40 PM12/19/22

Don Stockbauer

Dec 20, 2022, 3:43:15 PM12/20/22
I haven't seen the movie; does the little baby feller show up there at the end?

KelpsZoidzl

Dec 21, 2022, 4:14:38 AM12/21/22
I haven't seen it either. It doesn't come out till July

Maybe Barbie gets knocked up and has a space baby.

Don Stockbauer

Dec 21, 2022, 12:56:59 PM12/21/22
I wonder how much they have to pay whoever's financially responsible now for the rights to 2001 to have a knock off like that that's almost exact As far as general form.

KelpsZoidzl

Dec 21, 2022, 6:34:03 PM12/21/22
I'm sure some deal was made.

Don Stockbauer

Dec 21, 2022, 9:35:35 PM12/21/22
I should've known that.

Don Stockbauer

Dec 22, 2022, 2:15:26 PM12/22/22
I'm just not up on all the stratospheric levels of finance involved with movie rights being a lowly pecan rancher.

Don Stockbauer

Dec 25, 2022, 8:38:53 AM12/25/22
Merry Christmas to all my beloved friends here in alt movies Kubrick

kelpzoidzl

Dec 27, 2022, 6:25:42 AM12/27/22
And a happy new year of bad decisions of trillionaires.

Don Stockbauer

Dec 27, 2022, 3:46:01 PM12/27/22
now Mr. Kelp, I once figured it out that Elon Musk is worth around 200 billion , so if he had five times as much he would be a trillionaire, we're talking in US dollars here , so what could you possibly mean by stating there are actual trillionaires around .I'm so confused.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

kelpzoidzl

Jan 3, 2023, 1:54:41 AM1/3/23
On Monday, January 2, 2023 at 11:31:55 AM UTC-8, Don Stockbauer wrote:
> On Saturday, December 31, 2022 at 8:34:01 AM UTC-6, Don Stockbauer wrote:

> > > *************
> > >
> > > There before him, a glittering toy no Star-Child could resist,
> > > floated the planet Earth with all its peoples.
> > >
> > > He had returned in time.
> > > Down there on that crowded globe,
> > > the alarms would be flashing across the radar screens,
> > > the great tracking telescopes would be searching the skies -
> > > and history [as it had hitherto been known] would be drawing to a
> > > close.
> > >
> > > A thousand miles below,
> > > he became aware that a slumbering cargo of death had awoken,
> > > and was stirring sluggishly in its orbit.
> > > The feeble energies it contained were no possible menace to him;
> > > but he preferred a cleaner sky.
> > > He put forth his will, and the circling megatons flowered in a silent
> > > detonation that brought a brief false dawn to half the sleeping globe.
> > >
> > > Then he waited, marshalling his thoughts and
> > > brooding over his still untested powers.
> > > For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do
> > > next.
> > >
> > > But he would think of something.
> > but he had forgotten about the nukes on the ground and blah blah blah mama blah blah blah blah mama blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Berber Berber Berber Ren baba baba baba barberry in she's a man that Barbara and
> I really like that song Barbara Ann by the beach boys
> I really like that really deep throaty voice where he sings "bar bar bar bar bar Barbara Ann Berber Berber Berber Barbara Ann she's a man that Barbara ann"

Happy New Year

I kind of liked My Sharona
Message has been deleted

KelpsZoidzl

Jan 4, 2023, 6:25:14 AM1/4/23
On Tuesday, January 3, 2023 at 9:34:23 AM UTC-8, Don Stockbauer wrote:
> I kind of like "My Sharona" also ; the song I really cotton to is "Those old cotton fields back home."
Don't you mean, old, Pecans trees?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted