Wizard of Oz motifs in EWS?

MP

Apr 2, 2011, 8:52:27 AM4/2/11
"Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you
dare to dream, really do come true."

Anyone ever heard of these before:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_interpretations_of_The_Wonderfu
l_Wizard_of_Oz ?

"2001" seems to channel Thus Spake Zarathustra and some say Homer's
Odyssey. "The Shining" the Minotaur Myth. "AI", Pinocchio and bits of
Genesis.

Some say "Eyes Wide Shut" references Wizard of Oz. Thoughs?

Spitballing...

"Wizard of Oz" has all that business with "over the rainbow", "Eyes"
has "under the rainbow". Both Dorothy and Bill both go window shopping
in a multicolored magical land before retreating back home ("There's
no place like home!"), to a simpler childhood. Both have "wicked
witches of the West". Both stories have fringe groups beliving them to
have economic subtext (Bill = Bill of payment? ie always in
dept?) ...

http://www.moneyreformparty.org.uk/download/leaflets/mrp20oz.pdf
http://www.gold-eagle.com/gold_digest_02/stott041502.html
http://www.mega.nu:8080/ampp/oz.html
http://i54.tinypic.com/20h6lgx.jpg

...Both have men behind the curtain who put on "fake shows". The first
thing Dorothy does when she arrives in Oz is land her house on the
corpse of a witch. The first thing Bill finds when he steps into
Ziegler's world is Mandy half dead in a bathroom. Both Bill and
Dorothy go "over the rainbow", chasing desires. The first time we see
Helena, she seems dressed like the fairies from Oz (http://
i51.tinypic.com/21llxki.jpg ). The cowardly lion in the 1925 version
of The Wizard of Oz was called Snowball.

Don Stockbauer

Apr 11, 2011, 1:57:47 AM4/11/11
On Apr 2, 7:52 am, MP <mystic_prow...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you
> dare to dream, really do come true."
>
> Anyone ever heard of these before:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_interpretations_of_The_Wonderfu
> l_Wizard_of_Oz ?
>
> "2001" seems to channel Thus Spake Zarathustra and some say Homer's
> Odyssey. "The Shining" the Minotaur Myth. "AI", Pinocchio and bits of
> Genesis.
>
> Some say "Eyes Wide Shut" references Wizard of Oz. Thoughs?
>
> Spitballing...
>
> "Wizard of Oz" has all that business with "over the rainbow", "Eyes"
> has "under the rainbow". Both Dorothy and Bill both go window shopping
> in a multicolored magical land before retreating back home ("There's
> no place like home!"), to a simpler childhood. Both have "wicked
> witches of the West". Both stories have fringe groups beliving them to
> have economic subtext (Bill = Bill of payment? ie always in
> dept?) ...
>
> http://www.moneyreformparty.org.uk/download/leaflets/mrp20oz.pdfhttp://www.gold-eagle.com/gold_digest_02/stott041502.htmlhttp://www.mega.nu:8080/ampp/oz.htmlhttp://i54.tinypic.com/20h6lgx.jpg

> ...Both have men behind the curtain who put on "fake shows". The first
> thing Dorothy does when she arrives in Oz is land her house on the
> corpse of a witch. The first thing Bill finds when he steps into
> Ziegler's world is Mandy half dead in a bathroom. Both Bill and
> Dorothy go "over the rainbow", chasing desires. The first time we see
> Helena, she seems dressed like the fairies from Oz (http://
> i51.tinypic.com/21llxki.jpg ). The cowardly lion in the 1925 version
> of The Wizard of Oz was called Snowball.

The Star Child taps his red ruby slippers together 3 times and he's
back at the Earth, detonating orbiting nuclear warheads.

kelpzoidzl

Apr 12, 2011, 11:47:16 AM4/12/11
On Apr 2, 5:52 am, MP <mystic_prow...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you
> dare to dream, really do come true."
>
> Anyone ever heard of these before:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_interpretations_of_The_Wonderfu
> l_Wizard_of_Oz ?
>
> "2001" seems to channel Thus Spake Zarathustra and some say Homer's
> Odyssey. "The Shining" the Minotaur Myth. "AI", Pinocchio and bits of
> Genesis.
>
> Some say "Eyes Wide Shut" references Wizard of Oz. Thoughs?
>
> Spitballing...
>
> "Wizard of Oz" has all that business with "over the rainbow", "Eyes"
> has "under the rainbow". Both Dorothy and Bill both go window shopping
> in a multicolored magical land before retreating back home ("There's
> no place like home!"), to a simpler childhood. Both have "wicked
> witches of the West". Both stories have fringe groups beliving them to
> have economic subtext (Bill = Bill of payment? ie always in
> dept?) ...
>
> http://www.moneyreformparty.org.uk/download/leaflets/mrp20oz.pdfhttp://www.gold-eagle.com/gold_digest_02/stott041502.htmlhttp://www.mega.nu:8080/ampp/oz.htmlhttp://i54.tinypic.com/20h6lgx.jpg

> ...Both have men behind the curtain who put on "fake shows". The first
> thing Dorothy does when she arrives in Oz is land her house on the
> corpse of a witch. The first thing Bill finds when he steps into
> Ziegler's world is Mandy half dead in a bathroom. Both Bill and
> Dorothy go "over the rainbow", chasing desires. The first time we see
> Helena, she seems dressed like the fairies from Oz (http://
> i51.tinypic.com/21llxki.jpg ). The cowardly lion in the 1925 version
> of The Wizard of Oz was called Snowball.

The secret society conspiracy ideation also has the Wizard of Oz
Symbolism.
I have no doubts SK is using Oz symbolism. I have no doubts that EWS
is more about this, then the more obvious psychosexuality. But EWS is
also a huge satire, playing on these themes.

Don Stockbauer

Apr 13, 2011, 8:08:21 AM4/13/11
On Apr 12, 10:47 am, kelpzoidzl <kelpzoi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 2, 5:52 am, MP <mystic_prow...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > "Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you
> > dare to dream, really do come true."
>
> > Anyone ever heard of these before:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_interpretations_of_The_Wonderfu
> > l_Wizard_of_Oz ?
>
> > "2001" seems to channel Thus Spake Zarathustra and some say Homer's
> > Odyssey. "The Shining" the Minotaur Myth. "AI", Pinocchio and bits of
> > Genesis.
>
> > Some say "Eyes Wide Shut" references Wizard of Oz. Thoughs?
>
> > Spitballing...
>
> > "Wizard of Oz" has all that business with "over the rainbow", "Eyes"
> > has "under the rainbow". Both Dorothy and Bill both go window shopping
> > in a multicolored magical land before retreating back home ("There's
> > no place like home!"), to a simpler childhood. Both have "wicked
> > witches of the West". Both stories have fringe groups beliving them to
> > have economic subtext (Bill = Bill of payment? ie always in
> > dept?) ...
>
> >http://www.moneyreformparty.org.uk/download/leaflets/mrp20oz.pdfhttp:...

> > ...Both have men behind the curtain who put on "fake shows". The first
> > thing Dorothy does when she arrives in Oz is land her house on the
> > corpse of a witch. The first thing Bill finds when he steps into
> > Ziegler's world is Mandy half dead in a bathroom. Both Bill and
> > Dorothy go "over the rainbow", chasing desires. The first time we see
> > Helena, she seems dressed like the fairies from Oz (http://
> > i51.tinypic.com/21llxki.jpg ). The cowardly lion in the 1925 version
> > of The Wizard of Oz was called Snowball.
>
> The secret society conspiracy  ideation also has the Wizard of Oz
> Symbolism.
> I have no doubts SK is using Oz symbolism.  I have no doubts that EWS
> is more about this, then the more obvious psychosexuality.  But EWS is
> also a huge satire, playing on these themes.

Tea leaves can be read in an actualized infinite number of ways.

kelpzoidzl

Apr 13, 2011, 10:39:01 AM4/13/11

But it was one whenit mattered.

Don Stockbauer

Apr 13, 2011, 8:15:09 PM4/13/11

To me EWS represents one man's very poor choices.

MickeyMoop

Apr 15, 2011, 2:17:49 PM4/15/11
On Apr 11, 1:57 am, Don Stockbauer <don.stockba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 2, 7:52 am, MP <mystic_prow...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > "Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you
> > dare to dream, really do come true."
>
> > Anyone ever heard of these before:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_interpretations_of_The_Wonderfu
> > l_Wizard_of_Oz ?
>
> > "2001" seems to channel Thus Spake Zarathustra and some say Homer's
> > Odyssey. "The Shining" the Minotaur Myth. "AI", Pinocchio and bits of
> > Genesis.
>
> > Some say "Eyes Wide Shut" references Wizard of Oz. Thoughs?
>
> > Spitballing...
>
> > "Wizard of Oz" has all that business with "over the rainbow", "Eyes"
> > has "under the rainbow". Both Dorothy and Bill both go window shopping
> > in a multicolored magical land before retreating back home ("There's
> > no place like home!"), to a simpler childhood. Both have "wicked
> > witches of the West". Both stories have fringe groups beliving them to
> > have economic subtext (Bill = Bill of payment? ie always in
> > dept?) ...
>
> >http://www.moneyreformparty.org.uk/download/leaflets/mrp20oz.pdfhttp:...

> > ...Both have men behind the curtain who put on "fake shows". The first
> > thing Dorothy does when she arrives in Oz is land her house on the
> > corpse of a witch. The first thing Bill finds when he steps into
> > Ziegler's world is Mandy half dead in a bathroom. Both Bill and
> > Dorothy go "over the rainbow", chasing desires. The first time we see
> > Helena, she seems dressed like the fairies from Oz (http://
> > i51.tinypic.com/21llxki.jpg ). The cowardly lion in the 1925 version
> > of The Wizard of Oz was called Snowball.
>
> The Star Child taps his red ruby slippers together 3 times and he's
> back at the Earth, detonating orbiting nuclear warheads.- -

dahdahdah, again with the dejafetusvu - now how about when Doc J
and Gertrude took him and Lil'sister to viddy the first run, 1939;
where? Loew's Paradise? 'Who hath measured the theater?' This thread
sponsored by MAZEPPA, symphonic poem courtesy Franz Liszt. Cameron and
Jackson, two lovable apostles, filming FICTION at 48 frames per second.

Don Stockbauer

Apr 16, 2011, 12:36:56 AM4/16/11
> Jackson, two lovable apostles, filming FICTION at 48 frames per second.-

Non sequitor. Error. Computer malfuntion. Life functions
terminated. Howz dat fur some unfeeling by la machine, boychick?

MickeyMoop

Apr 16, 2011, 9:54:24 AM4/16/11
> terminated.  Howz dat fur some unfeeling by la machine, boychick?- -

The unfeeling sans-cockettes who terminated Maria Antonia and her
husband, the friend of the United States, Citoyen Louis Capet, with
extreme happiness were more squirrelly than any computer can ever
compute.

Don Stockbauer

Apr 17, 2011, 8:18:31 AM4/17/11

I have a squirrel running in a cage calculating pi to
10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 places.

MickeyMoop

Apr 17, 2011, 2:24:07 PM4/17/11
> 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 places.- -

"It is accomplished!"

Don Stockbauer

Apr 18, 2011, 8:29:51 AM4/18/11

"Ok, squirrel, print out the results!!!!!!"

MickeyMoop

Apr 22, 2011, 2:51:15 PM4/22/11
> "Ok, squirrel, print out the results!!!!!!"- -

'We're off to see the House, the wonderful house in Ephesus.'

Don Stockbauer

Apr 22, 2011, 5:47:04 PM4/22/11
>    'We're off to see the House, the wonderful house in Ephesus.'-

Wizard of Oz motifs in EWS?

Use "motifs" in a sentence:

"Iffen you doan give up, I'se gonna put motifs down your throat,
sucker."

MickeyMoop

Apr 23, 2011, 1:50:11 PM4/23/11
> sucker."- -

Doc J and Gertrude at the New York World's Fair - Behold your
Emerald City! Chefs of the Future! Motifs of Tomorrow! Walter Disney
explains it all for you...and you...und you there, in the corner,
giggling over Hominins and Meaning.. . rhythms of your household
saints.