[News] Indy Jones 5 to be Ford's last?? New female lead??

Your Name

Apr 4, 2018, 5:35:43 PM4/4/18

Spielberg very briefly talks about Ford being replaced after Indy 5 ...
of course he's on about swapping genders, as usual these days, but at
least he says they would change the name too ... still a moronically
silly idea though

Steven Spielberg thinks that Indiana Jones 5 will be Harrison Ford's last
The Sun reported that Ready Player One director Steven Spielberg thinks
that Indiana Jones 5 will be Harrison Ford's last movie in the franchise.

"This will be Harrison Ford's last Indiana Jones movie, I am pretty sure,
but it will certainly continue after that," he said.

Spielberg also discussed the possibility of Indiana Jones being played by
a female. Despite knowing that fans would be outraged over the
character's gender changing, he thinks it is time for the change to
happen.

"We'd have to change the name from Jones to Joan. And there would be
nothing wrong with that," he said.

Filming for Indiana Jones will begin in April of next year. Set for a
July 20, 2020 release date, the film will again see Spielberg teaming up
with Harrison Ford, who is reprising his iconic role, and franchise
producers Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshal. The screenplay is written
by David Koepp.

Famed archaeologist and explorer Indiana Jones was introduced in 1981's
Raiders of the Lost Ark - one of AFI's 100 Greatest American Films of All
Time - and later thrilled audiences in 1984's Indiana Jones and the
Temple of Doom, 1989's Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and 2008's
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The four films have
brought in nearly $2 billion at the global box office.

Spielberg previously promised one big thing for the fifth installment,
while Bob Iger - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Lucasfilm's
parent company Disney - has said that Indiana Jones 5 won't be the last
film.

<http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/935293-steven-spielberg-indiana-jones-5-will-be-harrison-fords-last>

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Apr 4, 2018, 5:41:22 PM4/4/18
In article <pa3gfb$g8v$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
Your Name <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote:

>Spielberg very briefly talks about Ford being replaced after Indy 5 ...
>of course he's on about swapping genders, as usual these days, but at
>least he says they would change the name too ... still a moronically
>silly idea though
>

> Steven Spielberg thinks that Indiana Jones 5 will be Harrison Ford's last
> The Sun reported that Ready Player One director Steven Spielberg thinks
> that Indiana Jones 5 will be Harrison Ford's last movie in the franchise.
>
> "This will be Harrison Ford's last Indiana Jones movie, I am pretty sure,
> but it will certainly continue after that," he said.
>
> Spielberg also discussed the possibility of Indiana Jones being played by
> a female. Despite knowing that fans would be outraged over the
> character's gender changing, he thinks it is time for the change to
> happen.
>
> "We'd have to change the name from Jones to Joan. And there would be
> nothing wrong with that," he said.

I think they tried that with Tia Carrere and it didn't work out too well.
--
------
columbiaclosings.com

Your Name

Apr 4, 2018, 9:14:05 PM4/4/18
Yep, and Tomb Raider, and sort-of the much-better-but-now-cancelled
"Hooten and the Lady".

There's already more than enough female characters,so there's
absoultely zero need nor point in changing Indiana Jones (nor any other
existing male characters) into females. It's done purely to appease the
"Politically Correct" / "Equality" nutters, who don't even know the
meaning of the word 'equality'.