[News] George Lucas not involved with indy 5

Your Name

Oct 24, 2016, 4:08:31 PM10/24/16

Seems a bit weird since George Lucas was actually writing the story not
that long ago, but this is from ComingSoon.net today ...

George Lucas not involved with Indiana Jones 5
There have been three pillars for the Indiana Jones
franchise since the series began with 1981's Raiders
of the Lost Ark: star Harrison Ford, director Steven
Spielberg, and executive producer/story writer
George Lucas. Now, however, one of the pillars will
be missing for the previously-announced Indiana
Jones 5, as writer David Koepp (Indiana Jones and
the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Jurassic Park) has
revealed to Collider that Lucas has no involvement.

"He's not (involved), to my knowledge. I've had no
contact with him."

It should come as no surprise that Lucas is not
involved, since he sold the Lucasfilm company in 2012
to Disney and had no involvement with last year's
Star Wars: The Force Awakens either.

In the same interview, Koepp went on to talk about
the progress of the fifth film's script and offered a
light-hearted joke for its content

"I'm deeply immersed as we speak. All I can say is
that there's lots of aliens and Indy dies at the end
(laughs)..."

He also revealed his hope for an October 2017
production start.

"It's certainly OK for me and I'll be ready, but my
schedule isn't the tough one. So I think October ‹
I hope, I hope so. We'll see. That¹s a hard one to
answer."

Franchise veterans Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall
will produce Indiana Jones 5. John Williams is expected
to once again provide the music. Harrison Ford will
once again don the fedora for the film with Steven
Spielberg behind the camera. The movie is set for a
July 19, 2019 release date.

No George Lucas ... it ain't Indiana Jones. Just another franchise
turned to crap thanks to silly changes by morons who *think* they know
better. :-(

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Oct 24, 2016, 4:31:50 PM10/24/16
In article <251020160909142675%Your...@YourISP.com>,
Your Name <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote:

>Seems a bit weird since George Lucas was actually writing the story not
>that long ago, but this is from ComingSoon.net today ...
>
> George Lucas not involved with Indiana Jones 5
>

>No George Lucas ... it ain't Indiana Jones. Just another franchise
>turned to crap thanks to silly changes by morons who *think* they know
>better. :-(

So you liked "Crystal Skull"?
--
------
columbiaclosings.com

Your Name

Oct 24, 2016, 8:37:52 PM10/24/16
In article <e779dk...@mid.individual.net>, Ted Nolan <tednolan>
<t...@loft.tnolan.com> wrote:
> In article <251020160909142675%Your...@YourISP.com>,
> Your Name <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote:
> >
> >Seems a bit weird since George Lucas was actually writing the story not
> >that long ago, but this is from ComingSoon.net today ...
> >
> > George Lucas not involved with Indiana Jones 5
> >

> >No George Lucas ... it ain't Indiana Jones. Just another franchise
> >turned to crap thanks to silly changes by morons who *think* they know
> >better. :-(
>
> So you liked "Crystal Skull"?

There was nothing wrong with it (other than the blatant attempt to
introduce a new successor in his son). It fitted with the other movies
in the franchise.

The "problem" most people had with it was simply that the first three
were so long before that they had some sort of weird rose-tinted
nostalgic view that the original three were "very different" ... or the
ridiculously stupid idea that because they had no (supposedly) grown
up, the movie should have as well. :-\

BTR1701

Oct 24, 2016, 9:28:26 PM10/24/16
In article <251020160909142675%Your...@YourISP.com>,
Your Name <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote:

It turned to crap *with* Lucas, much like STAR WARS did with those
prequels. I'm happy to see someone else give it a go. My main
reservation is how believable a 70-year-old Indy/Harrison Ford will be
doing all that action work.

At least it will have Williams' music. That's half the battle right
there.

Your Name

Oct 25, 2016, 1:23:16 AM10/25/16
<t...@loft.tnolan.com> wrote:

> In article <251020160909142675%Your...@YourISP.com>,
> Your Name <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote:
> >
> >Seems a bit weird since George Lucas was actually writing the story not
> >that long ago, but this is from ComingSoon.net today ...
> >
> > George Lucas not involved with Indiana Jones 5
> >
> >No George Lucas ... it ain't Indiana Jones. Just another franchise
> >turned to crap thanks to silly changes by morons who *think* they know
> >better. :-(
>
> So you liked "Crystal Skull"?

Actually, if you had read the article I posted, then you would have
seen that the writer for Indiana Jones 5 is the same ones as for The
Crystal Skull (and Jurassic Park) ... although George Lucas wrote The
Crystal Skull and was (according to Spielberg) writing / written Indy
5.

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Oct 25, 2016, 8:57:23 AM10/25/16
In article <251020161824008768%Your...@YourISP.com>,
Your Name <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote:
>In article <e779dk...@mid.individual.net>, Ted Nolan <tednolan>
><t...@loft.tnolan.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <251020160909142675%Your...@YourISP.com>,
>> Your Name <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >Seems a bit weird since George Lucas was actually writing the story not
>> >that long ago, but this is from ComingSoon.net today ...
>> >
>> > George Lucas not involved with Indiana Jones 5
>> >
>> >No George Lucas ... it ain't Indiana Jones. Just another franchise
>> >turned to crap thanks to silly changes by morons who *think* they know
>> >better. :-(
>>
>> So you liked "Crystal Skull"?
>
>Actually, if you had read the article I posted, then you would have
>seen that the writer for Indiana Jones 5 is the same ones as for The
>Crystal Skull (and Jurassic Park) ... although George Lucas wrote The
>Crystal Skull and was (according to Spielberg) writing / written Indy
>5.

Yes, I did, and that did not fill me with confidence...