Jimmy Stewart Car in VERTIGO

Mkp007

May 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/1/97

A DESOTO.

L. Michele Campbell

May 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/5/97

Mkp007 wrote:

> A DESOTO.

I am not trying to be argumentative, but I just saw vertigo again a
couple of days ago and I could have sworn that he was driving a dodge?
Michele

Bruce Christopher

May 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/5/97
to L. Michele Campbell

After consulting with the experts over in the antique car
newsgroups I believe the following to be reasonably accurate:

Barbara Bel Geddes circa-1957 VW Karmann Ghia coupe

Kim Novak 1955-57 Jaguar MK 7

Jimmy Stewart 1956 DeSoto Firedome Sportsman (two-door)
----------------------------
Bruce Christopher

King Swank

May 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/10/97

I thoughtit wasa caddy?

Max Varazslo

May 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/11/97

Definitely not! The make and model of his car are easy to spot when he
parks in front of the McKittrick Hotel. With Madeleine's car it's harder
to tell because we never see it as closely. Whatever it was, it was a
foreign model, most likely (I've been convinced) a Jaguar.

Baal

Peter

May 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/14/97

Max Varazslo <kri...@crl2.crl.com> wrote:

>Baal

It's definitely a Jaguar -- when Mssrs. Harris and Katz were
restoring the film, they went to Jaguar to get paint chips in order to
get the colors properly balanced.

Peter

snay...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2018, 11:08:40 PM6/18/18
It's a Firedome...I'm looking at the movie.

garry...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2019, 9:09:05 AM4/13/19
On Thursday, May 1, 1997 at 5:00:00 PM UTC+10, Mkp007 wrote:
> A DESOTO.

madeleine drove a green jaguar, and i'm sure he drove a desoto, but it looks like a wide 'V' on the boot...it IS desoto...i just checked.. fireflite model...garry