Weight of Specialized Stumpjumper M2?

Don Demick

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

Does anyone know the weight of the above mentioned bike. I've found out
everything about this bike but the weight. Thanks,

Don Demick

David R. Neff

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

Don Demick <dem...@aae.wisc.edu> wrote:

When I bought mine (end of 95) the shop's scale showed it at 25.5
pounds (it's now a bit under 24 1/4) That was with a Mag 21 and
everything that came stock with the bike. I understand they have
lightened the frame up a little bit but I don't know how much. I also
don't know how drastically they may have chhanged the spec of the bike
(mine came with LX hubs and cantis, Dia-Compe levers and headset,
X-Ray shifters, XT derailleurs, LX crankset and a bunch of stuff
(rims, bar, stem, saddle, etc) marked Specialized -- I have ni idea
who made that stuff.

Two wheels good, four wheels bad. Bob Stinson RIP

P.D.Barrow

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

In article <335C29...@aae.wisc.edu>, dem...@aae.wisc.edu says...

>Does anyone know the weight of the above mentioned bike. I've found out
>everything about this bike but the weight. Thanks,
>
>Don Demick

Don:

I have a M2 Pro that weighs 24.5 lbs. The entry model M2 Stump has a little
bit heavier components and fork, so I would guess 25.5 lbs.

P.B.

Alexander Guetler

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

I've just bought a new M2 with a Bomber Z2.
components are Shimano LX and XT mixed.
brakes are Avid 1.9 SL
pedals are Shimano 747

and it is only 11.3 kg (sorry, don't know how much lbs that is)
normally it comes with a Mantiou-Pro fork... so it should be 10.95 kg

Alex.

Alex Guetler
Student at University of Technology Graz
email: al...@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at
easy-...@iname.com

SGodes

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

In article <335d384a....@nntp.netcruiser>, d...@ix.netcom.spam
(David R. Neff) writes:

>When I bought mine (end of 95) the shop's scale showed it at 25.5
>pounds (it's now a bit under 24 1/4)

What have you replaced, so that you've been able to shave 1.25 lbs off
of the bike?