11 year old mountain biker seriously injured in North Vancouver

1 view

Mike Vandeman

Jul 27, 2005, 11:04:10 PM7/27/05
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=62235
NSMB.com Forums :: The Shore :: Injury on Boogieman

[]
[] View First Unread
[]Yesterday, 04:26 PM #1
Rebelrider
Registered User

[] Offline
[] Injury on Boogieman

I heard NSR pulled a 11 year old off Boogieman on Friday anybody know if he is
ok??????

[] []
Rebelrider
Add Rebelrider to Your Buddy List
[]Yesterday, 07:56 PM #2
gearjunkierob
Registered User

[]

Location: Langley
[] Offline
I heard that he was going to be fine. The 11yr old caught his leg on a root or
rock when he fell and ripped open his inner thigh. I guess he must have been
bleeding pretty bad to cause that much cobcern. The kid's dad (who was riding
with him) is a paramedic and togther with Tim Jones (NSR) they were able to walk
the kid out. Quite the response though. I heard 4 firetrucks go up the hill at
least.

[] []
gearjunkierob
Send email to gearjunkierob
Add gearjunkierob to Your Buddy List
[]Yesterday, 08:53 PM #3
derwood
dirty white boy

[]

[] Offline
bleh....bleeders are always bad news that far away from help....I helped one out
of Neds a few years back...changed the soaker pad 5 times on the way
down.....not a good scene.

30 something stiches later he was OK...It pays to carry the right 1st aid gear
with you.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Westie

Jul 27, 2005, 11:17:42 PM7/27/05
Mike Vandeman wrote:

>MOVE ALONG.
>Don't feed the troll.

Mark

Jul 28, 2005, 8:33:17 AM7/28/05

"Mike Vandeman" <mjv...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

You are already a proven liar.(taken from another thread)
Me :Please show your corroborated data that ALL mountain bikers are liars

MV: Show me where I ever said that, liar

Me:You appear to say it in every post you make starting 'All mountain
bikers'.
Do a google search for your name, you will find rather a lot

MV :So you can't show me even ONE case? That's what I thought. Because they
don't exist

Me:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec.bicycles.soc/browse_frm/thread/a2de62b7
e3806492/d4c08e008ef80820?tvc=1&q=%22all+mountain+bikers%22+group:alt.mounta
in-bike&hl=en#d4c08e008ef80820

MV: Its misquoted

So apparently even google archives are against the man, I guess as MTB;ers
we control them too, to hide 'the truth'.
He isnt a scientist, hes a hate filled bigot with a PROVEN record of lying
about bikers, nothing he says can be taken as anything other than another
lie.

Now Mr Vanderman wants to add basking in chidrens accidents to further his
cause, I see.
I think its obvious why his cause only has one campaigner.

L. Ron Waddle

Jul 31, 2005, 3:08:18 AM7/31/05
On 2005-07-28, Mike Vandeman <mjv...@pacbell.net> wrote:
blah blah blah

Lord Voldemort is *STILL* here, engaged in his unholy crusade against
all that is healthy?

Oh dear. Where is Harry Potter when you need him?

- Elron

Max Wilkinson

Jul 31, 2005, 1:48:38 PM7/31/05

What is the point in trying to convince people that mountain biking is
dangerous and should not be done?
Especially posting on a biking newsgroup, im sure we all know what risks
we face when out biking.
I can bet you that the unlucky kid will be straight back on his bike
again once he's better.
Oh of course its a dangerous sport and people get seriously injured and
killed every year doing it.
I was stretched off Whistler mountain in June and have just recovered
from internal brusing in my right knee. However im going to get right
back on my bike , next week as it happens.
Now if the arguement is that valuable medical resources are being
consumed needlessly by mountain bikers .
My arguement is that if we all stopped biking and became couch potatoes
then in later life we'd use a heck load more medical resources when we
all started dropping dead from heart attacks , strokes and high blood
pressure.

Mike Vandeman

Aug 10, 2005, 8:24:28 AM8/10/05
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 18:48:38 +0100, Max Wilkinson <spamsu...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

.Mike Vandeman wrote:
.> http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=62235
.> NSMB.com Forums :: The Shore :: Injury on Boogieman
.>
.> []
.> [] View First Unread
.> []Yesterday, 04:26 PM #1
.> Rebelrider
.> Registered User
.>
.> [] Offline
.> [] Injury on Boogieman
.>
.> I heard NSR pulled a 11 year old off Boogieman on Friday anybody know if he is
.> ok??????
.>
.> [] []
[...]
.> ===
.> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
.> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
.> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
.>
.> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
.
.What is the point in trying to convince people that mountain biking is
.dangerous and should not be done?
.Especially posting on a biking newsgroup, im sure we all know what risks
.we face when out biking.
.I can bet you that the unlucky kid will be straight back on his bike
.again once he's better.
.Oh of course its a dangerous sport and people get seriously injured and
.killed every year doing it.
.I was stretched off Whistler mountain in June and have just recovered
.from internal brusing in my right knee. However im going to get right
.back on my bike , next week as it happens.

Proving that mountain bikers have no brains whatsoever.

.Now if the arguement is that valuable medical resources are being
.consumed needlessly by mountain bikers .
.My arguement is that if we all stopped biking and became couch potatoes
.then in later life we'd use a heck load more medical resources when we
.all started dropping dead from heart attacks , strokes and high blood
.pressure.

Most people manage to stay healthy without destroying nature. Only mountain
bikers fail to do it.

Jason

Aug 10, 2005, 8:51:36 AM8/10/05
* Mike Vandeman <mjv...@pacbell.net>:

\|||/
(o o)
,----ooO--(_)-------.
| Please |
| don't feed the |
| TROLL's ! |
'--------------Ooo--'
|__|__|
|| ||
ooO Ooo

Just zis Guy, you know?

Aug 10, 2005, 11:26:46 AM8/10/05
I submit that on or about Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:24:28 GMT, the person
known to the court as Mike Vandeman <mjv...@pacbell.net> made a
statement (<gesjf11d5l1fmvjng...@4ax.com> in Your
Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

>Most people manage to stay healthy without destroying nature. Only mountain
>bikers fail to do it.

Really? You think car drivers stay healthy without destroying nature?
Sounds like another of your logical fallacies to me!

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Mike Vandeman

Aug 11, 2005, 2:13:55 AM8/11/05
On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:51:36 -0300, Jason <Ja...@winblows.net> wrote:

.* Mike Vandeman <mjv...@pacbell.net>:
.
.
.\|||/
. (o o)
.,----ooO--(_)-------.
.| Please |
.| don't feed the |
.| TROLL's ! |
.'--------------Ooo--'
. |__|__|
. || ||
. ooO Ooo

Cute. Too bad you don't practice what you preach.

Mike Vandeman

Aug 11, 2005, 2:14:48 AM8/11/05
On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:26:46 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <u...@ftc.gov>
wrote:

.I submit that on or about Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:24:28 GMT, the person
.known to the court as Mike Vandeman <mjv...@pacbell.net> made a
.statement (<gesjf11d5l1fmvjng...@4ax.com> in Your
.Honour's bundle) to the following effect:
.
.>Most people manage to stay healthy without destroying nature. Only mountain
.>bikers fail to do it.
.
.Really? You think car drivers stay healthy without destroying nature?

Yeah. They stay out of it. You don't.

.Sounds like another of your logical fallacies to me!
.
.Guy

Mark

Aug 11, 2005, 2:46:52 PM8/11/05

> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:26:46 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
<u...@ftc.gov>
> wrote:
>
> .I submit that on or about Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:24:28 GMT, the person
> .known to the court as Mike Vandeman <mjv...@pacbell.net> made a
> .statement (<gesjf11d5l1fmvjng...@4ax.com> in Your
> .Honour's bundle) to the following effect:
> .
> .>Most people manage to stay healthy without destroying nature. Only
mountain
> .>bikers fail to do it.
> .
> .Really? You think car drivers stay healthy without destroying nature?
>
> Yeah. They stay out of it. You don't.

So are you now suggesting cars do not contribute to the degradation of the
environment?

Please put that theory forward at your next 'ecological' seminar. Id love to
see the proof you provide.

More lies I guess, just like before.

Just zis Guy, you know?

Aug 12, 2005, 8:45:24 AM8/12/05
I submit that on or about Thu, 11 Aug 2005 06:14:48 GMT, the person

known to the court as Mike Vandeman <mjv...@pacbell.net> made a
statement (<e7rlf11eefuhqakh3...@4ax.com> in Your

Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

>.>Most people manage to stay healthy without destroying nature. Only mountain
>.>bikers fail to do it.

>.Really? You think car drivers stay healthy without destroying nature?

>Yeah. They stay out of it. You don't.

Oops! You forgot about the problems caused by offroad motor vehicle
use - a problem which (unlike mountain biking) is considered
significant by wilderness management agencies.

S Curtiss

Aug 12, 2005, 11:15:48 PM8/12/05

"Mike Vandeman" <mjv...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:26:46 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
> <u...@ftc.gov>
> wrote:
>
> .I submit that on or about Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:24:28 GMT, the person
> .known to the court as Mike Vandeman <mjv...@pacbell.net> made a
> .statement (<gesjf11d5l1fmvjng...@4ax.com> in Your
> .Honour's bundle) to the following effect:
> .
> .>Most people manage to stay healthy without destroying nature. Only
> mountain
> .>bikers fail to do it.
> .
So.... The ATVs, SUVs, motocross racers, ski resorts, logging companies,
road engineers, construction crews, development brokers, mining companies...
all get a "Free Pass" on the environment from Michael J. Vandeman, PhD,
because mountain bikers are the only group destroying nature.
MV... you need to be a writer for a sitcom.

gcmsc...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2005, 1:29:04 AM8/13/05

S Curtiss wrote:

> MV... you need to be a writer for a sitcom.

It would be boring and repetitive.

Ah, I have just defined the modern sitcom.

My apologies.

E.P.

Mike Vandeman

Aug 13, 2005, 3:31:19 PM8/13/05
On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 18:46:52 GMT, "Mark" <mbtr...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

.
."Mike Vandeman" <mjv...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
.news:e7rlf11eefuhqakh3...@4ax.com...
.> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:26:46 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
.<u...@ftc.gov>
.> wrote:
.>
.> .I submit that on or about Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:24:28 GMT, the person
.> .known to the court as Mike Vandeman <mjv...@pacbell.net> made a
.> .statement (<gesjf11d5l1fmvjng...@4ax.com> in Your
.> .Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

.> .
.> .>Most people manage to stay healthy without destroying nature. Only

.mountain
.> .>bikers fail to do it.

.> .
.> .Really? You think car drivers stay healthy without destroying nature?

.>
.> Yeah. They stay out of it. You don't.
.>
.So are you now suggesting cars do not contribute to the degradation of the
.environment?

Try to read, before you make nonsensical statements.

.Please put that theory forward at your next 'ecological' seminar. Id love to
.see the proof you provide.
.
.More lies I guess, just like before.
.

Mike Vandeman

Aug 13, 2005, 3:32:55 PM8/13/05
On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:45:24 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <u...@ftc.gov>
wrote:

.I submit that on or about Thu, 11 Aug 2005 06:14:48 GMT, the person
.known to the court as Mike Vandeman <mjv...@pacbell.net> made a
.statement (<e7rlf11eefuhqakh3...@4ax.com> in Your
.Honour's bundle) to the following effect:
.
.>.>Most people manage to stay healthy without destroying nature. Only mountain
.>.>bikers fail to do it.
.
.>.Really? You think car drivers stay healthy without destroying nature?
.
.>Yeah. They stay out of it. You don't.
.
.Oops! You forgot about the problems caused by offroad motor vehicle
.use - a problem which (unlike mountain biking) is considered
.significant by wilderness management agencies.

You are LYING again. Yosemite National Park and other responsible land managers
don't allow mountain biking.

Mike Vandeman

Aug 13, 2005, 3:33:55 PM8/13/05
On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 23:15:48 -0400, "S Curtiss" <scur...@cox.net> wrote:

.
."Mike Vandeman" <mjv...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

.news:e7rlf11eefuhqakh3...@4ax.com...
.> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:26:46 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
.> <u...@ftc.gov>
.> wrote:
.>

.> .I submit that on or about Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:24:28 GMT, the person
.> .known to the court as Mike Vandeman <mjv...@pacbell.net> made a
.> .statement (<gesjf11d5l1fmvjng...@4ax.com> in Your
.> .Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

.> .
.> .>Most people manage to stay healthy without destroying nature. Only

.> mountain
.> .>bikers fail to do it.
.> .
.So.... The ATVs, SUVs, motocross racers, ski resorts, logging companies,
.road engineers, construction crews, development brokers, mining companies...
.all get a "Free Pass" on the environment from Michael J. Vandeman, PhD,
.because mountain bikers are the only group destroying nature.
.MV... you need to be a writer for a sitcom.

Try to follow a conversation....

Just zis Guy, you know?

Aug 13, 2005, 3:50:24 PM8/13/05
I submit that on or about Sat, 13 Aug 2005 19:31:19 GMT, the person

known to the court as Mike Vandeman <mjv...@pacbell.net> made a
statement (<nkisf197tm95e9qpt...@4ax.com> in Your

Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

>Try to read, before you make nonsensical statements.

So you read before you make your nonsensical statements, do you, Mike?
In other words, you are stupid and bigoted rather than illiterate.
Thanks for the info.

Just zis Guy, you know?

Aug 13, 2005, 3:55:37 PM8/13/05
I submit that on or about Sat, 13 Aug 2005 19:32:55 GMT, the person

known to the court as Mike Vandeman <mjv...@pacbell.net> made a
statement (<7nisf19j7v9672qog...@4ax.com> in Your

Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

>.Oops! You forgot about the problems caused by offroad motor vehicle

>.use - a problem which (unlike mountain biking) is considered
>.significant by wilderness management agencies.

>You are LYING again. Yosemite National Park and other responsible land managers
>don't allow mountain biking.

I reviewed the websites of all the major wilderness protection
agencies. Not one of them prioritised mountain biking above any other
recreational human activity, as a threat to the wilderness. All
prioritised offroad motor vehicle use, and most highlighted wild fires
caused by campers as a major problem. Mountain biking? Off the
threat radar, restrictions or no.

But then, you never have given a flying fuck about the wilderness,
otherwise you'd be campaigning against things which are genuine
threats (like commercial exploitation). I remember you considered
that taking a chainsaw to a felled tree to make a jump was worse than
felling a live tree legally for profit.

You are just a bigot, with a bee in your bonnet about an activity you
tried once and didn't like.

Mike Vandeman

Aug 13, 2005, 11:44:48 PM8/13/05
On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 20:55:37 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <u...@ftc.gov>
wrote:

[...]

Nice attempt to change the subject. Too bad it FAILED.

Just zis Guy, you know?

Aug 14, 2005, 1:50:45 PM8/14/05
I submit that on or about Sun, 14 Aug 2005 03:44:48 GMT, the person

known to the court as Mike Vandeman <mjv...@pacbell.net> made a
statement (<lhftf15fr6rmu0v6e...@4ax.com> in Your

Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

>.I reviewed the websites of all the major wilderness protection

>.agencies. Not one of them prioritised mountain biking above any other
>.recreational human activity, as a threat to the wilderness. All
>.prioritised offroad motor vehicle use, and most highlighted wild fires
>.caused by campers as a major problem. Mountain biking? Off the
>.threat radar, restrictions or no.

See? Subject not changed. As stated: the wilderness protection
agencies clearly do not consider mountain biking a pressing problem,
unlike offroad motor vehicle use - something which it appears, from
this thread, as if you have no problem with. No surprise there,
because...

>.But then, you never have given a flying fuck about the wilderness,
>.otherwise you'd be campaigning against things which are genuine
>.threats (like commercial exploitation). I remember you considered
>.that taking a chainsaw to a felled tree to make a jump was worse than
>.felling a live tree legally for profit.

>.You are just a bigot, with a bee in your bonnet about an activity you

>.tried once and didn't like.

>Nice attempt to change the subject. Too bad it FAILED.

Mike, your consistent failure to achieve anything meaningful does not
make you an expert on failure. Just a heads-up.

S Curtiss

Aug 15, 2005, 2:48:51 PM8/15/05
> .> .I submit that on or about Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:24:28 GMT, the person
> .> .known to the court as Mike Vandeman <mjv...@pacbell.net> made a
> .> .statement (<gesjf11d5l1fmvjng...@4ax.com> in Your
> .> .Honour's bundle) to the following effect:
> .> .
> .> .>Most people manage to stay healthy without destroying nature. Only
> .> mountain
> .> .>bikers fail to do it.
> .> .
> .So.... The ATVs, SUVs, motocross racers, ski resorts, logging companies,
> .road engineers, construction crews, development brokers, mining
> companies...
> .all get a "Free Pass" on the environment from Michael J. Vandeman, PhD,
> .because mountain bikers are the only group destroying nature.
> .MV... you need to be a writer for a sitcom.
>
> Try to follow a conversation....

What conversation? I see people posting actual information in response to
your posts only to be called names by you...
I see your posts being challenged with questions on content and context and
your replies trying to focus attention on the credibility or character of
the challenger rather than answer the questions with any actual
information...
I see your posts out of context, with information carefully selected to
support your preconceptions.

And again, rather than give any relevant response, you attempt to change the
focus to my ability to "follow a conversation..."
I don't think it worked. I am still waiting for some information that proves
mt bikers fit the profile you present with your statement "Most people
manage to stay healthy without destroying nature. Only mountain bikers fail
to do it."
What percentage is "most"? How do they "stay healthy" without "destroying
nature"? What percentage of total population is mt biking? What percentage
of non mt biking individuals are healthy to begin with?
You have the PhD... You made the statement... Why would you make a
statement you can not sustain?