2000 Juslyn 'Vineyard Select' Napa Cabernet

1 view

Njikki teh Njazi

Jun 8, 2008, 10:28:40 PM6/8/08
A cabernet sauvignon from Napa Valley for pinot lovers...

This wine was just released by the winery. The extra bottle age more
than makes up for any handicap from a less-than-stellar vintage. This
was one of last month's selections in one of my wine clubs. At $50 its
at a higher price point than most of my club wines, but good enough
that I hope there are a couple of bottles left.

Parker: "A successful offering ... reveals surprisely supple tannin, a
soft underbelly, and a nicely perfumed nose of red and black fruits,
licorice, vanilla, and spice box. Medium bodied, elegant."

Club notes: "Intense nose of black fruit, loam, cocoa with hints of
tobacco and cedar. In the mouth its big, ripe, and expressive, with all
the intriguing flavors that were promised on the nose coming through in
spades."

Explosive, almost overwhelming nose that I was getting lost in. Intense
spice wrapped around a solid fruit core, but something else too, an
exotic effect. I'm betting its the cab franc in the blend. The extra
bottle age shows in elegance and balance. Medium bodied, very tasty,
complex, exotic with a good finish. Moderate in alcohol at 13.5%.
Fantastic for swishing, sniffing, sipping and contemplating, maybe a
bit light for hearty steaks. A great find to share with friends.

--

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"