Air conditioning for my 14x70

hisjr

Jul 1, 2002, 5:42:41 PM7/1/02
hi everyone. i'm looking for some information on installing central air
conditioning to my 14x70 marlette mobile home.

what is the process (ducts, air pumps, etc)

what size would i need (2 & 2.5 ton was recommended)

what is the approximate cost

does anyone know a good & inexpensive service near albany or lake george ny.

is there any brand i should stay away from

anything else?

Tom

Jul 2, 2002, 7:39:39 AM7/2/02
Hi, the ideal situation would be to contact a Mobile Home parts and
service company who is experienced in these installations. One reason
being they most likey do not have experience with the heating unit and
would have to do a search for parts. A MH service company would
likely have them on hand. If your home is less than 10 years old you
should be able to match up the ducting(Wont know until they take a
look). Electrical service would have to be done also. One note, a 2
ton unit it too small for a 14x70. I would recommend a 3 ton at
minimum. Cant really give you an estimate, too many variables
involved. Makes and models may be a moot point as you are going to be
restricted by the size of your heating unit and what can be matched up
to that. So your choices are going to be limited. Tom
http://www.mobilehomerepair.com

Jim

Jul 2, 2002, 4:49:03 PM7/2/02
t...@excite.com (Tom) wrote in message news:<3ccd4163.02070...@posting.google.com>...

I would caution against an oversized a/c unit. 500-600 sq ft per ton
is adequate particularly where the home is located. Too large of unit
will no run long enough to remove moisture inside the home which can
cause other problems. The constant starting up of the unit even for
shorter periods of time will shorten the life of the compressor as
well.

Rick B

Jul 2, 2002, 7:51:42 PM7/2/02
I have a 14 X 70 and it has a 2.5 Ton A/C

Global Warming

Aug 10, 2002, 3:31:21 PM8/10/02
"dlw" <ab...@npcc.net> wrote in

>> what is the process (ducts, air pumps, etc)
>> what size would i need (2 & 2.5 ton was recommended)
>> what is the approximate cost
>> does anyone know a good & inexpensive service near albany or lake
>> george
> ny.
>> is there any brand i should stay away from
>> anything else?
>

> Two critical factors:
>
> First is the size of the supply duct. Unless your home was originally
> sized for future installation of an A/C unit, the duct will probably
> present too high a back pressure to cool properly. (A/C units
> generally limit air distribution systems to 0.3 in wc max.; whereas
> heating systems allow 0.5 inches of water column max.) Check your
> heating/cooling certificate for which option the manufacture chose for
> your home.
>
> The second is the site location & condition. (The orientation of the
> home is very important. Homes positioned n-s will cool better than
> those positioned e-w.)
Do you mean the length positioned n-s?

maximus...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2020, 12:47:25 PM3/30/20
Can i put a bigger ac unit like a 5 ton on a 3 ton unit