Trinidad Gonzalez Report

Terry Wilkins

Feb 22, 1994, 10:40:00 AM2/22/94
***** MISSING KIDS ***** -Trinidad "Trini" Gonzalez's Guardian and -
* M ^^^^^ M * Guardian's Boyfriend Charged in Child's Death-
* I [ - - ] I * -----------------------------------
* S ( @ ) S *
* S ( = ) S * SOURCE: Lafayette Daily Advertiser- 20Feb94 -
* I __ \_/ __ I * Aricle: "Guardian Charged In Death" - Pg A-18
* N / [:] \ N * -------------------------------------------
* G --------------G *
* * P R O J E C T* * Alice, Texas: 6 Feb'94- remains of a small
* ------------- * child found along the banks of the San Deigo
* M I S S I N G * Creek,lead authorities to question Roger Yar-
* ------------- * borougha, boy friend of Ms Frances Smithwick,
* - K I D S - * legal guardian of the missing nine year-old
*<-------- * --------->* little girl, Trinidad "Trini" Gonzalez, report-
* - KARING-II - * ed missing since 1 May 92. Questioning lead to
* -------- * the arrest of Yarborough,age 35 and Smithwick,
* OutReach CenTer * age 43,on 18 Feb..Ms Smithwick was the appointed
* -Po Box 2653- * legal guardian after the child's natural mother
* Lafayette,La 70502 * abandon her as an infant...
* Tel:(318) 234-7322 * Little "Trini" was reported Missing by her
* -BBS- 9pm-6am CST- * guardian on 1 May 92, after reporting to police
*********************** that the child was found missing from a bedroom
sometime during the night; a bedroom that had an open window...
According to Alice,Texas authorities, Yarborough was brought in for
questioning after two young boys found the remains of a small child
along side the creek bed.... During questioning, Yarborough reported to
have told police that he witnessed Ms Smithwick physical beat young
Gonzalez on 29 Apr '92...... Returning the next day, he stated he saw
brusies on the child's body, but the child was alive when he left.....
Yarborough, a 35 year old Nursing Home orderly, reported to have
further stated that he was summoned back to the house by Ms Smithwick,
around mid-night the following day, and helped move the child's body to
the same location along the creek bed where the child's body was found
some 19 months later..Yarborough and Smithwick, reported to have left
young Trini for dead along the creek-bed..Ms Smithwick, then reported
young "Trini" as Missing on 1-May-92...
Trini's disappearence lead to a nation-wide Missing Child hunt by
the FBI and several major National Missing Child organizations. A
reward of $15,000 had also been offered by the FBI...
Little "Trini" was a second grade student at a local elementary
school, in Alice,Texas at the time of her disapearence...
When the child's remains were discovered, Ms Smithwick was reported
as among the friends and relatives who gathered along the creek-bed as
the news of the discovery filtered through their community...
Ms Frances Smithwick and Roger Yarborough was arrested and charge
with murder of little Trini, 18 Feb 94 and was being held in the Jim
Wells County Jail, without bond...

T.L. (Terry) Wilkins - Karing-II
22 Feb'94

See Heidi Search Center file- 462.GIF Trinidad Gonzalez,04/30/92,Alice,TX

- Children Are GOD's Most Precious Gift- Please Handle With Prayer -