Newsletter volunteers needed....

Phil

Jan 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/10/98

Ok all here's your chance! I need volunteers for the following items,
and I need the written data by the 15th if it's going to make this
newsletter.

1). Someone to write up the permits, permisions, rules, whatever,
required for Georgia. (Southeast)

2). same for Arizona. (Southwest)

3). Some one to write up a list of what they feel should and shouldn't
be posted on the NG. I have the guidelines, and will forward them to you
for a place to start. THere are certain rules that usenet "prefers" be
followed, and we need to start posting a definitive faq for this NG....
Note.. this list will only be the preliminary and the NG will be using
it as a starting point... so needs to cover all the points.

4). Some one to write up a basic beginners prospecting tool kit.

5). someone to write up a basic panning primer.

6). Someone to collect the URLs as suggested by John, and organize them
into some sort of grouping.

7). someone to organise and keep track of all the prises ofered for the
raffle, and to make sure they are listed on the website. Also to collect
the coupons that will be awarded for the winners to collect their
prizes.

More later..... thanks all... I know you'll come thru!
--
Phil
autoreply is anti-spam: you must change the nte to net

Phil

Jan 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/10/98

Jacques Jedwab
you offered in the post below, a write up... still willing?

Dear Phil,

Here is a suggestion for inclusion in the gold mining site: a
dictionnary
of the names of gold, or the names related to gold, or containing the
word
"gold". Several other people than me should have been intrigued by
"mustard
gold", "black gold", "white gold", "leaf gold", "flour gold", etc. etc.
There must be tens of other such names in all languages, both vernacular
or
professional, either coming from the past or still in use presently.

The composition of such a dictionnary should be a collective work, and I
don't know if it has ever been attempted. I volunteer to write the very
exciting and full of new perspectives chapter on the Brazilian OURO
PRETO...

Some guys would certainly be annoyed even by the mere idea of
considering
such a dictionnary, and would instead run after a bottle, preferably
opened
in a camp with good friends. But I personnally think that my idea
deserves
also the opening of a fresh bottle of any beverage.

Best regards, J.J.

Phil

Jan 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/10/98

8). someone to do a write up of when all the gold shows, conventions,
etc that are out there are scheduled.... note this should be world wide
in scope..

9). Some one to find and list all the clubs that are on the net....

10). someone to find a wealthy, attractive widow with lots of money who
likes our hobby, and won't mind supporting me in the fashion I'd like!
(note: not the one I'm accustomed to.... <G>) OH, and young! must be
young! must own hunting dog, boat and dredge.. send picture of... <Big
G> ;)

Bonaro

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

In article <34B861...@ibm.nte>, Phil <gol...@ibm.nte> writes:

>8). someone to do a write up of when all the gold shows, conventions,
etc
>that are out there are scheduled.... note this should be world wide
in
>scope..

9). Some one to find and list all the clubs that are on the
>net....

10). someone to find a wealthy, attractive widow with lots of money
>who
likes our hobby, and won't mind supporting me in the fashion I'd
>like!
(note: not the one I'm accustomed to.... <G>) OH, and young! must
>be

young! must own hunting dog, boat and dredge.. send picture of... ;)

--

Phil

I will do # 10 fer ya, ol buddy... ;-)

~ Dan ~~~ Bon...@aol.com.spam ~

Marcie

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

You always know the right thing to say, Dan...

Marcie

Bonaro

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

In article <34B89112...@sisqtel.net>, Marcie <marc...@sisqtel.net>
writes:

Marcie

Bonaro wrote:

Marcie?...do you own a hunting dog?

madewell...@pacbell.net

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98
to gol...@ibm.net

Phil wrote:

> Ok all here's your chance! I need volunteers for the following items,
> and I need the written data by the 15th if it's going to make this
> newsletter.
<snip>

> 4). Some one to write up a basic beginners prospecting tool kit.
> 5). someone to write up a basic panning primer.

Phil, I'll take a stab at both of these during my breaks at work.
Folks seemed to like a description I posted in the past about about
panning technique and will try to drag it off Dejanews. What format do
you want these write-ups in, Word, Write, WordPerfect, Ascii text,
kanji, pictographic.....?

Roy Madewell
--
To reply, remove "junkmail" from return address

madewell...@pacbell.net

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98
to gol...@ibm.net

Phil wrote:

> Ok all here's your chance! I need volunteers for the following items,
> and I need the written data by the 15th if it's going to make this
> newsletter.
<snip>
> 4). Some one to write up a basic beginners prospecting tool kit.
> 5). someone to write up a basic panning primer.

Phil, I'll take a stab at both of these during my breaks at work.
Folks seemed to like a description I posted in the past about about

panning technique and I'll try to drag it off Dejanews. What format do

you want these write-ups in, Word, Write, WordPerfect, Ascii text,
kanji, pictographic.....?

Roy Madewell

p.s. I'm sure you'll get several submissions for things like this.
Maybe we could include everyone's write-up since there's more than one
idea on how to "skin a cat". If their writting technique or spelling is
just too rough, bounce it back to them and have them refine their
article some. I doubt any of us will display perfect writting skills
and that's fine. Some of the worst essays are written by people with
English majors!!!

Marcie

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

If that's all the harder you can look, you're not the prospector I thought
you were. <g>

Marcie

Bonaro

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

Roy
>Madewell

LMAO...I was going to write those two up last night but got sidetracked. I
guess you beat me to the punch...you snooze, you loose, eh?
I will hold off on my attempt and probably do a different one...maybe take a
serious stab at #10.....hehe
<grin>...I humbly yield to your superior intellect....oh great Obi Roy
Kenobi..... HAR~!

Bonaro

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

In article <34B861...@ibm.nte>, Phil <gol...@ibm.nte> writes:

>8). someone to do a write up of when all the gold shows, conventions, etc
>that are out there are scheduled.... note this should be world wide
in >scope..

>9). Some one to find and list all the clubs that are on the
>net....

>10). someone to find a wealthy, attractive widow with lots of money
>who likes our hobby, and won't mind supporting me in the fashion I'd
>like! (note: not the one I'm accustomed to.... <G>) OH, and young! must
>be young! must own hunting dog, boat and dredge.. send picture of... ;)

--

Phil

I am thinking of doing # 8 but I am at a loss to figure out how to collect all
of the information. Most prospecting clubs do not have a internet presence.
If someone can give me a idea where I can collect the info about gold shows
of the mining publications (I don't), maybe it would be a better project for
them. In that case I can probably do #9.... Please advise...

Bonaro

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

In article <34B917EE...@sisqtel.net>, Marcie <marc...@sisqtel.net>
writes:

>If that's all the harder you can look, you're not the prospector I
>thought
you were. <g>

Marcie

ok.... I take it the hunting dog is out. I know you have a dredge so that
definately puts you in the running. How about a boat????
<VBG>

Phil

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

Bonaro wrote:
> I am thinking of doing # 8 but I am at a loss to figure out how to collect all
> of the information. Most prospecting clubs do not have a internet presence.
> If someone can give me a idea where I can collect the info about gold shows
> worldwide maybe I can do this. OR if someone else holds subscriptions to most
> of the mining publications (I don't), maybe it would be a better project for
> them. In that case I can probably do #9.... Please advise...
>
> ~ Dan ~~~ Bon...@aol.com.spam ~

So that everyone else who might be thinking of volunteering, here's a
few thoughts on maybe how to do this.... I would think that 8 and 9 both
require the same kind of approach.. hit several search engines.
Also, hit deja news and use their special interest filter search. Then
there's always the backup plan... plead for help from everyone here who
belongs to a club to email you the info! (or coax a few local birds to
find stuff for you....<BG> )

madewell...@pacbell.net

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98
to Bonaro

Bonaro wrote:

> LMAO...I was going to write those two up last night but got sidetracked. I
> guess you beat me to the punch...you snooze, you loose, eh?
> I will hold off on my attempt and probably do a different one...maybe take a
> serious stab at #10.....hehe
> <grin>...I humbly yield to your superior intellect....oh great Obi Roy
> Kenobi..... HAR~!
>
> ~ Dan ~~~ Bon...@aol.com.spam ~

Hey Dan

Go ahead and do your write-ups for panning and gear. This way we can
convey some different methods and ideas for people to try out. I was
thinking about panning and watching other folks technique. Is it just
me, or does everyone else have to bite their tongue occasionally when
watching someone else pan? I'm sure most of us who have been at it for
a few years feel that we have it down just right while the rest of the
folks are just playing with their dirt.
Since you have alluded to the vast power of my mind and logic
processes, I'll share something that I've given some thought to since I
might make it down to Australia next fall. If I go "down under" and do
some panning, I better start working on swirling the water in my pan in
the opposite direction to take into account the coriolis force
differences. I'd hate to look like some "Yank" idiot in the Outback ;)

Roy "Feel the Power" Madewell- Sacramento CA.

Phil

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

Bonaro wrote:
> ok.... I take it the hunting dog is out. I know you have a dredge so that definately puts you in the running. How about a boat????
> <VBG>
>
> ~ Dan ~~~ Bon...@aol.com.spam ~

Ummmmm Dan, have you met Bill, Marcies hubby? <G>

Bonaro

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98

In article <34B970...@ibm.net>, Phil <gol...@ibm.net> writes:

>Bonaro wrote:
> ok.... I take it the hunting dog is out. I know you have a
>dredge so that definately puts you in the running. How about a boat????
>
><VBG>
>
> ~ Dan ~~~ Bon...@aol.com.spam ~

Ummmmm Dan, have you met
--
Phil

Oopsie....is he one of those guys that cracks walnuts
between his knuckles just to hear them go splat???
<please answer quickly>

Phil

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98
to madewell...@pacbell.net

Roy (and any others that wish to volunteer on this)... could you do
yours too? I want to do panning techniques as a regular feature, each
issue with a different "guest speaker". This way people can observe the
many differences in techniques.
thanks...

Phil

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98

Dunno... Marcie? <G>

Marcie

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98

Weeeeeeell, I don't think that's how I'd describe him, but he does
command the respect of legions of prospectors, and he also has two great
big sons he can call on--one of them lives pretty near you, I think,
Dan. <G>

Bonaro

Jan 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/13/98

In article <34BAC468...@sisqtel.net>, Marcie <marc...@sisqtel.net>
writes:

>Weeeeeeell, I don't think that's how I'd describe him, but he does
command
>the respect of legions of prospectors, and he also has two great
big sons he
>can call on--one of them lives pretty near you, I think,
Dan. <G>

Thats enough for me...I am outta here.......<poof>
;-)

Neville MADDEN

Jan 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/13/98

In article <34B97A...@pacbell.net>,
madewell...@pacbell.net wrote:
>Bonaro wrote:
>>

>> LMAO...I was going to write those two up last night but got sidetracked. I
>> guess you beat me to the punch...you snooze, you loose, eh?
>> I will hold off on my attempt and probably do a different one...maybe take a
>> serious stab at #10.....hehe
>> <grin>...I humbly yield to your superior intellect....oh great Obi Roy
>> Kenobi..... HAR~!
>>
>> ~ Dan ~~~ Bon...@aol.com.spam ~
>
>Hey Dan
>
> Go ahead and do your write-ups for panning and gear. This way we can
>convey some different methods and ideas for people to try out. I was
>thinking about panning and watching other folks technique. Is it just
>me, or does everyone else have to bite their tongue occasionally when
>watching someone else pan? I'm sure most of us who have been at it for
>a few years feel that we have it down just right while the rest of the
>folks are just playing with their dirt.
> Since you have alluded to the vast power of my mind and logic
>processes, I'll share something that I've given some thought to since I
>might make it down to Australia next fall. If I go "down under" and do
>some panning, I better start working on swirling the water in my pan in
>the opposite direction to take into account the coriolis force
>differences. I'd hate to look like some "Yank" idiot in the Outback ;)

Having checked this theory I can confirm
that the toilet flushes the same way in
both the nortern and southern
hemispheres. Anybody who is interested
in prospecting isn't going to be
treated like some "Yank" idiot.

Let me know what your plans are.

Neville

In sunny Australia, on the edge of the
goldfields.

Neville MADDEN

Jan 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/13/98

In article <34BA57...@ibm.net>,
gol...@ibm.net wrote:
>Dunno... Marcie? <G>
>
>Bonaro wrote:
>> Ummmmm Dan, have you met
>> >Bill, Marcies hubby? <G>
>> --
>> Phil
>>
>> Oopsie....is he one of those guys that cracks walnuts
>> between his knuckles just to hear them go splat???
>> <please answer quickly>

I can do that.....as long as the walnuts
have just been picked off the tree.and
I'm a 160lb weakling.

BTW the test for how fresh walnuts are
is to squeeze 2 of them in one hand and
if they don't break they are stale.

And...thats today's useless information.

Bonaro

Jan 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/13/98

In article <69g9r2$dh0$5...@news.mel.aone.net.au>, nrma...@t130.aone.net.au
(Neville MADDEN) writes:

>I can do that.....as long as the walnuts
have just been picked off the
>tree.and
I'm a 160lb weakling.

BTW the test for how fresh walnuts are
is
>to squeeze 2 of them in one hand and
if they don't break they are
>stale.

>And...thats today's useless information.

LMAO...thank you Neville