Why doesn't Kerry mention his book "The new soldier"?

1 view

Shemp McGurk

Aug 28, 2004, 2:59:55 PM8/28/04
John Kerry's book "The new soldier" is selling for upwards of
$2,000.00 on abe.com? Why? 'Cause he has tried to suppress its
availability.

There is no mention of it on his website.

I wonder what it says...

John Manning

Aug 28, 2004, 5:02:44 PM8/28/04

Mr. McGoo wrote:

It's available for free at http://johnkerrythenewsoldier.blogspot.com/
[thnx to 'cuchuliann' for pointing it out].

Maybe you should read it and tell us something meaningful. Oops, I
forgot. You don't read.

What a loser.

LawsonE

Aug 29, 2004, 5:44:58 AM8/29/04

"John Manning" <jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote in message

Made available for free by someone who obviously hates John Kerry.

John Manning

Aug 29, 2004, 9:11:35 AM8/29/04

One would think that if there is anything damaging to Kerry in the book
that the GOP attack dogs would be all over it.

LawsonE

Aug 29, 2004, 10:04:55 AM8/29/04

"John Manning" <jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote in message

Well, the guys that put up the site appear to think that there is.

John Manning

Aug 29, 2004, 11:47:39 AM8/29/04

LawsonE wrote:

"Appear to think" is a far cry from anything factual. It's amazing to me
how "appear to think" translates into something nefarious and then gets
broadcast by such as McGoo as if indeed there actually was anything
damaging there. It's just another empty freeper smear tactic unless they
can show something other than a book is overpriced.

Judy Stein

Aug 29, 2004, 3:17:35 PM8/29/04
"LawsonE" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<bolYc.1620$w%6....@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...

> "John Manning" <jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote in message
<snip>

> > One would think that if there is anything damaging to Kerry in the book
> > that the GOP attack dogs would be all over it.
>
> Well, the guys that put up the site appear to think that there is.

They want you to think there is; that's how they want you to frame
what you read.

There's nothing "damaging to Kerry" in the book that isn't already
widely known. All he wrote was the epilogue; it also contains his
Senate testimony in 1971. The rest of it is recollections by other
vets and historical material about opposition to the war, plus photos
of antiwar activities.

LawsonE

Aug 29, 2004, 7:21:23 PM8/29/04

"Judy Stein" <jst...@panix.com> wrote in message

That's enough for some. People get all tense and close-eared at the thought
that their favorite candidate (from either party) is less than perfect, or
that the people attacking the other side might be less than perfect also.

And of course, OUR soldiers can do no wrong, no matter what a few bad apples
like Kerry, Kerrey, Hackworth, etc., say. THEY are the ones with the
problem...

Etc., etc., etc. A few thousand PhDs in Psychology should be gotten for
people studying this campaign --its about as classic a set of textbook cases
of various psychological dysfunctions as you could ever hope to find.

Willytex

Aug 30, 2004, 11:59:16 PM8/30/04
> They want you to think there is; that's how they want
> you to frame what you read.

The cover of Kerry's book 'New Soldier' is enough to turn away almost
any thoughtful, centrist voter!

WARNING!

John Kerry's lawyers have apparently suppressed this book for some time
and the photos in it too. I would 'think first' before posting any
quotations from 'New Soldier' to this forum and I would not reccommend
putting up a web site featuring this little volume and it's contents.
It's available at Amazon for about $500 and a little less on an ebay
auction recently.