yogic flying and the perineum

David Dalton

Oct 25, 2012, 11:43:55 PM10/25/12
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yogic_flying#Yogic_Flying :

-----------
The TM-Sidhi program is a form of meditation introduced by
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in 1975. It is based on, and described
as a natural extension of the Transcendental Meditation
technique (TM).[1][2] The goal of the TM-Sidhi program is
to enhance mind-body coordination[3] and to support the
"holistic development of consciousness"[4] by training the
mind to think from what the Maharishi called a fourth state
of consciousness.[5] or Transcendental Consciousness.[6]

"Yogic Flying", a mental-physical exercise of hopping while
cross-legged,[7][8] is a central aspect of the TM-Sidhi program.
------------

Does this yogic flying stimulate the perineum (the area
between but not including the anus and the genitals),
which is nearer the sitting bones than the tailbone?

While many people say the base chakra is at the base
of the tailbone, or in the sacrum area, I believe it
in the perineum, and I conduct my grounding visualizations
accordingly.

Beginning in spring 1996 (or perhaps slightly earlier
in 1996) I have practiced perineum click divination
and also have used a perineum click as closure for
other magickal workings. The perineum click is a
slight contraction of the perineum area muscles
accompanied simultaneously by a moving together of
the upper thigh muscles. The click was used to
indicate the supposed right answer in a range of answers.

However I have never gotten good results from such
divination and perhaps it is best not to focus on
the base chakra (although it was like having a
string from upper chakras to base chakra) at the
expense of the upper chakras. So over a week
ago I began abstaining from perineum click divination.

Let me know if you know of any other past or living
figures who practiced perineum click divination
and either gave it up as I have, or eventually got
it to work.

--
David Dalton dal...@nfld.com http://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/nf.html Newfoundland&Labrador Travel & Music

WillyTex

Nov 5, 2019, 3:47:44 PM11/5/19
Thanks for posting this, David. In answer to your questions:

Definition:

"The ability to rise up from the ground and hover without the apparent means of physical support."

Question: "So what benefit, if any, other than transport, would be the ability to perform human levitation?"

Answer: "Well, I practice levitation all the time, and it made me enlightened. That's the payoff."

A short preliminary review:

Probably everyone knows the Biblical tale of Simon Magus. The apocryphal Acts of Peter gives a legendary tale of Simon Magus' death. Simon is performing magic for the Roman Emperor Claudius Caesar in the forum. In order to prove himself to be a god, he flies up into the air. The Apostles Peter and Paul pray to God to stop his flying, and Simon stops mid-air and falls to his death. Go figure.

On one occasion, the historical Buddha himself flew up in the sky over a small town (Sravasti), using a levitation power (siddhi), and hovered there for awhile. If the Buddha wanted to, he could probably fly all the way to the heavens (Tusitta) and back again in reverse! YMMV.

Purport:

The theory of human levitation is pretty easy to follow - it's not complicated.

The theory is that if you learn very deep meditation techniques (yoga) you can go into a trance induction state, which will help "burn off" all your accumulated past actions (karma) that are weighing on your soul (monad) holding you down. The deeper and longer you dive (transcend) to a state of pure consciousness, (cosmic unity) the more sense impressions (samskaras) you will dissipate or burn off (tapas). At some point, after certain dietary restrictions, you may slowly "rise" up and be free - enlightened on the spot.

In order to keep the body conditioned it is recommended to practice several bodily positions and placements. There are several very helpful poses (asanas) you can employ such as the head-stand, the corpse pose, the sun salutation, and if possible, the bound lotus position. And, if you follow the special dietary injunctions, such as consuming a single uncooked wheat-berry per day and some filtered water, in time you will become as light as a cotton fiber.

Examples:

At first, you simply close your eyes and sit comfortably on a straw mat in a back yard somewhere and watch your breathing, softly mumbling, "in, out; in, out". Then, after five to seven years of practice, in a special building with high ceilings, built for the purpose, you may hop a few inches on foam, while at the same time, shouting a word of power (mantra) such as "Eureka!"; then, you will progress to hovering a few feet off of a sofa at home or at a diner downtown with friends in attendance; and then with even more advanced practice, you will be able to hover and move around a few feet over a desert floor in the middle of the night with a gaggle of spectators onlooking.

A fully accomplished master (guru) will be able to fly up onto the side of a mountain with a grin on his face. This is not a joke!

WARNING:

Do not try this technique inside a tiny house! I cannot stress this enough. It could be very dangerous to your health and safety. Avoid the danger that lies ahead!

With certain very advanced mind-control techniques, and "fertilizer", an accomplished master (fakir) can be walking down a mountain path and with just a little subtle thought, lift off while running downhill, only touching down a few times just for steering purposes, until reaching the bottom of the hill. He or she will be flying down the hill so fast that it will appear to others as if they were actually flying! YMMV.

This is the payoff - later with even more practice, a fully realized practitioner (yogi) will be able to fly across vast distances with leaps and bounds and enter into a "bubbling bliss". This was described in detail by the Zen Master Rama in his book, "Surfing The Himalayas" and Alexandra David-Neel, as described in her book "Living With Magic And Magicians in Tibet" and in his great book "Flim Flam" by the Amazing Randi.

Testimonies:

"I've seen someone levitate. Many times. In many settings, from the Los Angeles Convention Center to the Anza-Borrego Desert to a Denny's restaurant in the wee hours of the night."

http://www.mail-archive.com/fairfieldlife%40yahoogroups.com/msg317597.html

"What I'm talking about is slowly lifting up off the sofa and sitting in midair for two to three minutes. Or stepping up off the ground in the desert and then flying around several feet above the ground for a while."

ICYMI:

Newsgroup: alt.meditation.transcendental

Subject: Levitating At The Height of 'Seven Royal Palm Trees'?
Author: Willytex
Date: Thurs, Jul 15 2004
http://tinyurl.com/3btv7e

In Preparation:

A Complete Review of Yogic Flying As Taught by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi; Based On Personal Experience With America's Peace Keepers and Brain Wave Coherence Generators Inside A Golden Dome In Iowa With Step By Step Tutorials.

Future Installments:

A Complete Analysis And Description of the Ancient Indian Rope Trick And Numerous Other Magical Feats; With Examples And Copious Notes And Purport Including How To Do It Right
> David Dalton

WillyTex

Sep 28, 2021, 6:47:30 PM9/28/21
On Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at 2:47:44 PM UTC-6, WillyTex wrote:

> "The ability to rise up from the ground and hover without the apparent means of physical support."

"Suffice it to say that over an extended number of years I witnessed almost every siddhi described by Patanjali and quite a few that were not."

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/alt.meditation.transcendental/UcdGW9pnVpI/discussion

WillyTex

Dec 2, 2022, 12:48:53 PM12/2/22
On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 5:47:30 PM UTC-5, WillyTex wrote:

> > "The ability to rise up from the ground and hover without the apparent means of physical support."
> >
> "Suffice it to say that over an extended number of years I witnessed almost every siddhi described by Patanjali and quite a few that were not."
>
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/alt.meditation.transcendental/UcdGW9pnVpI/discussion

"I have seen the man step up off the desert sand and into midair, then hang ten and surf the sucker. I have sat two feet in front of him and seen him go invisible, to the point of seeing stars through his barely-present body. I have seen him fill rooms with golden light and the sky with light shows that make my days at the Avalon seem tame by comparison. Some folks see this as a "signpost" of enlightenment."- Barry Wright, Santa Fe

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.buddha.short.fat.guy/c/1t8e0336ki4/m/hqF3P_xaSxcJ