Poss. Endo?

Amanda

Jul 6, 2004, 12:55:04 PM7/6/04
For about the last six months, I have been experiencing pain during
intercourse around the time of my period, this is for four of the six
days and makes intercourse impossible. It feels like my husband is
going in at a funny angle, and hitting the sides hard or something,
it's hard to explain. My periods have got increasingly more painful
each time, I am frequently curled up with a hot water bottle in the
evenings! Also, I feel very bloated for the duration of my period and
for a few days before and after, and get bad wind pains in my bowels
both during my period and at intervals between. I also get little
twinges on my inner thighs during. I also get quite constipated
during, although I am aware this is common during any menstrual cycle.
I also have twinges in my hips.
The only questionable thing is, I am on the contraceptive pill, I
mostly went on it to avoid painful periods! From what I can make out,
this is often used as a treatment - why am I getting symptoms?
We have no children yet, but do want some.
I am going in for a routine PAP smear in a couple of weeks, should I
ask the nurse about it or go directly to my doctor? How do I get my
doc to take me seriously?
Thanks in advance,
Amanda