Hysterectomy under age 30 for endo/pelvic pain w/ FMS

Emily

Jan 23, 2005, 12:54:43 AM1/23/05
I am a 28 yo who suffers from Severe Endo/chronic pelvic pain since age
17 and FMS. After having several DL's/RX treatments nothing seems to
work. I have a 2 y/o little girl, and now been suffering with "periods"
lasting longer than 14 days at a time w/heavy cramping and bleeding.
Dr. has exhausted all med treatment and suggest having hysterectomy. I
have lost much weight, much tonal body mass/color, and suffer from
extreme fatigue. More so to do with endo than fibro. I am wanting to
keep my overies and cervix in tact(subtotal?), but am afraid of
post-surgical outcome and treatment of my Fibromyalgia. Has anyone had
this done or had similar complications with any different outcomes? I
have a Pre-OP exam on Wednesday to dicuss 2 different procedures. I am
NOT a canidate for EA due to my Rheumatism and hormonal imbalance due
to the excessive bleeding. Any help and support would be great.
Thanks!!

Emily, age 28, In North Mississippi
Mom to Alicia-age 2 years
Wife to Rob for 3 years