Update: Poss Endo.

1 view

Amanda

Aug 5, 2004, 12:08:23 AM8/5/04
Well, it seemed it was a waste of time asking my nurse about endo when
I went for my pill check, though she did let me change my pill to try
and combat the painful symptoms. But when I mentioned I was leaking
from one breast, I was referred to my GP, who took a blood test
(Which, may I say, was verry painful, as she couldn't draw blood, was
in there for half an hour and came out drying my eyes). I went back
yesterday for the results, and I have a hormonal imbalance. She then
did a HCG test, as she said the common cause for these particular
hormones was pregnancy. Negative, of course.
Now I'm being referred to an endocrinologist for lots of scans and
more blood tests (I'm almost shaking just thinking about that after
last time!) and am waiting for an appointment to come through.
A bit scared now, what do these scans involve? Has anyone else here
had similar problems? What questions should I ask when I go?

Susan

Aug 6, 2004, 12:32:38 PM8/6/04
A hormonal imbalance is a different issue from endometriosis, and if your
doctors think you have a hormonal imbalance, this issue will take priority. You
might find more information on this issue in a different forum, although I don't
know which forum might be able to help.

But I hope the possibility that endometriosis might be causing your pain doesn't
get swept under the rug. Having endometriosis doesn't make us immune to other
health problems. It is possible that more than one issue needs to be addressed.
To diagnose endometriosis for certain, surgery is necessary, and endometriosis
can be surgically treated in the same surgery if performed by a skilled surgeon
who knows how to recognize endometriosis. Birth control pills sometimes do help
with the symptoms, but they are not effective long-term treatment.

I hope your doctors consider the possibility of cysts on your ovaries. Cysts
can sometimes disrupt hormone levels, and they can cause a lot of pain. Cysts
can be addressed during endometriosis surgery.

--Susan Strandskov

In article <8lc3h01rjt1rsao58...@4ax.com>, Amanda says...