Re: Lyme Literate Medical Doctors in CT?

Roger Burns

Jul 17, 2008, 2:26:15 PM7/17/08
tiho...@AOL.COM wrote:

> Does anyone know of any Lyme literate medical doctors in the CT

Consider contacting local Lyme support groups and asking their
members about local doctors who are experienced with Lyme. See:

www.lymenet.org/SupportGroups/UnitedStates/Connecticut/

- Roger

tiho...@aol.com

Jul 17, 2008, 4:10:08 PM7/17/08
Thank you Roger, I'll check that you. I appreciate it.

Margaret Taylor

Jul 17, 2008, 10:13:43 PM7/17/08
There are two Lyme literate doctors I would recommend:
Amiram Katz in Orange, CT is a neurologist in private practice. He only sees Lyme patients. Has some extremely tough cases. He does NOT take any insurance...have to pay by cash or credit card. He is absolutely worth it. He will order A LOT of bloodwork. If you do not have insurance coverage for the labwork, that might be a problem in that it is very expensive.

Stephen Possick is a cardiologist with offices in Orange, New Haven and a couple of other towns. Understands about the cardiac symptoms related to CFS, Lyme etc.

tiho...@AOL.COM wrote:
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of any Lyme literate medical doctors in the CT, or possibly New York, region? I live in a heavily wooded region of CT, and have been very, very sick for 5 years....since I was 18 years old. I now seem to be getting worse, and I am leaning more and more toward the fact that I might possibly have Lyme, since I was never properly tested. I think I got a regular old ELISA Lyme test about three years into my illness, which was negative, of course. Right before I got sick, I was very active and always hiking, swimming, and spending time outdoors, as well as not taking the best care of myself, but that's another story. :-)

I am at the point where my cardiac symptoms upon exertion are extreme to the point where I am sure I am going to die. I must lay down immediately, and for hours and sometimes days, am short of breath, clammy, slightly dizzy, and completed exhausted immediately upon exertion so badly that I feel like I can't breath at all. Lying still for hours or going to sleep is the only thing that sort of helps it go away, but then I am not right for many days afterward, and can hardly climb a couple of stairs. Besides my joint pain, generalized fatigue, and severe allergies of all kinds, the cardiac symptoms are by far my worst symptoms, and are terrifying and depressing. I am taking D-ribose 6-10 grams per day, L-Carnitine 500mg per day, Vitamin C 4-5 grams per day, Magnesium 250mg per day. I only started taking the D-ribose, L-Carnitine, and Magnesium barely two weeks ago, but I have been on that particular Vitamin C regimen for a couple years at least. I was taking CoQ10 with this
other cocktail, but I recently ran out. I decided upon trying these supplements after reading Metabolic Cardiology, by Dr. Sinatra.

I have also recently been seeing a Cardiologist--Western CT Cardiologists, through Danbury Hospital. I did the Holter Monitor testing, which was normal (although the day I wore the monitor I felt halfway decent), I had several EKG's (even a couple in the ER), and I got an echocardiogram. I canceled my treadmill stress test three times now which has greatly upset my cardiologist, but I have not felt capable of doing it at all, and am terrified of the stress test. If my symptoms that are making me KNOW that I might die aren't showing up on tests, how will doctors be able to help me if I collapse during my stress test? I feel that they won't be able to, and with all of the swelling and inflammation I've had this past month, I just don't know what to do.

Anyway,regarding Lyme I doubt a LLMD will take my State health insurance, but I believe that my wonderful mom is going to try to help me pay for doctor's costs, if they are at least somewhat reasonable. I am planning on possibly rescheduling my stress test if I feel I can do it, and in the mean time, I want to see a LLMD for proper testing. I might also go back to my naturopath. If anyone has any information regarding LLMD's in my area, I would appreciate it so very much.

Sincerely,

Dina