Very short linear motion conundrum

na...@digithought.com

Oct 6, 2015, 6:10:06 PM10/6/15
As part of a device I'm building, I have a ~300g load that I need to linearly translate at most 100um with a resolution of perhaps ~2um and a modest max speed. This is for fine focusing a microscope. The standard go-tos: linear bearing rails or similar with a stepper screw, piezo block, or linear motor. All those seem like so much cost and complexity for such a small distance. We'd like to make these devices in high quantity, so we're looking for every bit of cost savings. Does anybody know of a simpler but more importantly cheaper mechanism?

Thanks,

-Nate

Lan Liyong

Aug 16, 2022, 9:10:01 AM8/16/22
I don't know the specifics, but if you want to know about direct guide rails and screw rods, you can go to this website to take a look, or ask the relevant manufacturers, whether they can solve your problem, there are various types of direct guide rails and screw rods.
Linear Guides https://www.tradebearings.com/linear-bearings/linear-guides-catalogue.html
Ball Screws https://www.tradebearings.com/linear-bearings/ball-screws-catalogue.html