Deprived Europeans?

Andrew Hird

Feb 24, 1992, 11:49:41 AM2/24/92
Hi all,
I'm just wondering if I'm the only European sat here, reading this news-group
thinking how deprived of all the goodies which the North American's seem to have.
At the moment I'm living in Geneva, and, well the McDonalds here (please correct me if I'm
wrong) seem to have only the bare basic, Big Mac, Cheeseburger, Mac le Marin (Swiss for
Fillet 'o Fish, strangely the French still call it by it's English name. Is this the Swiss
being picky again???), and a few other variations on a theme. We have none of the McPizza's,
and other McSpecials that are talked about here?

In England as far as I can remember the situation is much the same, well in Bath the city I
go to university it is. Maybe in the bigger cities such as London the situation is different.
I must admit though, that back in Bath, I never go to McDonalds, well not by choice. We're
lucky enough to have 2 of the best burger place's in the world (In my own opinion), Schwartz
burgers and Mr D's. Both sell a much bigger range of stuff than McDogs, sorry McDonalds,
including such delights as decent vegeburgers and a million different burgers as well as all the
other non-burger stuff.

So if any of you Americans are in Bath (there seem to plenty of you all the time) visit the
above and I promise you'll never return to McDonalds.

I seem to have answered my own question in my own round about way.
Deprived, well on past evidence, NO!!

But all the same I`m still curious as to whether other European countries have a bigger
range ??

Seeya

Andy Hird

* * * Life can be *
* Andrew Hird * E-mail and...@cernvax.cern.ch * like a stuffed *
* * Telephone +41 22 767 4915 * cabbage some *
* ECP division * Earth mail : * times . *
* * CERN , CH-1211 , GENEVE 23 , * *
* * SWITZERLAND. * Anon. *

Ronald N. Voss

Feb 26, 1992, 1:04:29 PM2/26/92
and...@work.cern.ch (Andrew Hird) writes:

>Hi all,
>I'm just wondering if I'm the only European sat here, reading this news-group
>thinking how deprived of all the goodies which the North American's seem to have.

Well, in Germany I like drinking beer with my Big Mac, something I can't
do here. Do all McDs in Europe sell beer? Do they sell wine in France or
elsewhere?

Andrew, your followto bit me the first time. :-)

-rv
--
Ron Voss Apple Computer I speak only for myself.

Curtis Jacobsen

Feb 26, 1992, 1:22:01 PM2/26/92
Hey all you McRib lovers out there....I don't know if this thing is going
nationwide or not, but in the Madison WI region, McDonald's is having
a "Bring Back the West" promotion starting on or around March 16.

The promotion will include bringing back the McRib and the Western style
Omelette (for breakfast) for a limited time. Plus, some locations will
have lower prices on the Chicken fajitas and Breakfast Burritos. But
the stores that will participate in that are still unknown to me.

Happy McRib eating......and make sure you wear your bib.

-Curt

Curtis Jacobsen

Feb 26, 1992, 1:29:18 PM2/26/92

Matthew Lathrum

Feb 28, 1992, 2:51:04 AM2/28/92

>Hey all you McRib lovers out there....I don't know if this thing is going
>nationwide or not, but in the Madison WI region, McDonald's is having
>a "Bring Back the West" promotion starting on or around March 16.

>The promotion will include bringing back the McRib and the Western style
>Omelette (for breakfast) for a limited time. Plus, some locations will
>have lower prices on the Chicken fajitas and Breakfast Burritos. But
>the stores that will participate in that are still unknown to me.

I used to love those Mc Ribs - pile that sauce on! I wish they never would
have taken them away....
--
ragn...@buhub.bradley.edu OR aam...@heartland.bradley.edu OR
ragn...@bucs1.bradley.edu OR xxt...@heartland.bradley.edu OR