Re: McDOnald's Breakfast Rip Off

xcust

Apr 12, 2023, 4:44:00 PM4/12/23
On 12 Apr 2023, bigdog <geowri...@gmail.com> posted some
news:45880821-87cf-42f8...@googlegroups.com:

> On Wednesday, April 12, 2023 at 2:35:22 PM UTC-4, KWills wrote:
>> KlausSchadenfreude wrote:
>> > Average price of a Big Mac - $5.15
>> > https://www.statista.com/statistics/274326/big-mac-index-global-pric
>> > es-
> for-a-big-mac/
>> >
>> > 2 beef patties, Big Mac® sauce, sesame seed bun, pickles, lettuce,
>
>> > onion, cheese, salt and pepper.
>> >

>> > Price I paid for a lousy Sausage McMuffin this morning - $6.00+
>> >
>> > English muffin + sausage patty + cheese
>> >

>> > That's ridiculous.
>> >

>> Wash it down with a dose of throat coat behind
>> the jolly kone, you sniveling cock sucker.
>>
>> Klaus Schadenfreude <klaus.schade...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Bring Your Cock To the Jolly Kone!!!
>> > It's The Central Valley's Fellatio Zone!
>> > If You're On The Left or On The Right
>> > I'll Suck Your Cock and I Won't Bite!
>> > I'll Make You Cum and I'll Make you Moan!
>> > Klaus Will Make Sure You Get Blown!
>> > On Your Cock My Skills I'll Hone!
>> > My Expertise Is Quite Well Known!
>> > That Talent, You Know, Is Unconcealed!
>> > I've Sucked Every Cock In Bakersfield!
>> > Watch Me Work That Hardened Bone!
>> > I'm Right On Top Of The Skull Fuck Throne?!
>> >

>> LOL!
>>
>> --
> I don't know what has transpired in this discussion up to now because
> somebody created a new thread for it but McDonald's prices have
> remained fairly stable over the years when adjusted for inflation. My
> first job was at McDonald's my senior year of high school, 1968-69.
> The dollar was worth roughly ten times in that year than it is now. I
> remember the prices for various menu items. The Big Mac was 49 cents.
> A $5.15 price in 2023 is pretty much in line. Cokes were 10 cents. Now
> they are $1 but you get a much larger size so they are actually
> cheaper. The one item that is clearly more expensive is the
> Filet-o-fish sandwich. They were 30 cents. Every Lent season, they run
> a special, 2 for $6. That is right in line with what it would be in
> 1968 but that price is only good for about a month and a half out of
> the year. Too bad because of all the fast food fish sandwiches, I
> think theirs are far and away the best.
>
> As for the breakfast items, we didn't serve breakfast back then so
> there is nothing to compare to, but I think McDonald's breakfast items
> are quite reasonably priced.

I ate at McDonalds for years, even worked for them as a vendor. They were
a good breakfast stop and the coffee was decent. I have not eaten there
since they decided to begin screwing with the coffee prices during the
Starbucks rise. McDonalds felt they could take a 99 cent cup of coffee,
pile all kinds of candy shit in it and sell it for $4.00 a cup, while at
the same time doubling the price of and ruining regular coffee.