Re: [OT] McDonald's disappoints Canadian with new menu item

Ubiquitous

Aug 31, 2021, 7:48:31 PM8/31/21
no_offlin...@example.com wrote:

>McDonald's has apparently been hyping the return of a much-beloved
>item to their menu but has been tight-lipped about exactly what the
>product was. Today, the product has been revealed and it was NOT the one
>that "everyone" was hoping for. (I put the "everyone" in quotes because
>that is a massive overstatement. I'm sure many people don't even
>patronize Mickey D's and many of the people who do really don't loose
>sleep about which old favourite might be coming back.)
>
>https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2021/08/people-upset-and-disappointed-after-mcdonalds-canada-reveals-new-menu-item/
>
>I've never been a big patron of McDonald's so, frankly, I don't even
>recall them having offered McPizza in the 90s and I don't recall having
>it if they did.
>
>Just out of curiousity, is McPizza available at US (and overseas)
>McDonald's?

I have a vague recollection of McPizza being available at limited stores,
but I was expecting it to be the McHomard, whihc was limited to Canada.

--
Trump won.

Ubiquitous

Aug 31, 2021, 7:50:27 PM8/31/21
edstas...@gmail.com wrote:
> Rhino

>> McDonald's has apparently been hyping the return of a much-beloved
>> item to their menu but has been tight-lipped about exactly what the
>> product was. Today, the product has been revealed and it was NOT
>> the one that "everyone" was hoping for.
>
>I was expecting McPoutine. Also, why the hell can't I get poutine
>anywhere here in metro Detroit (now that Falling Down Brewery is
>closed)? Canada is literally right nextdoor, you'd think it would be
>a standard menu item in Michigan restaurants?
>
>Also, dunno why McDonald's never brought back their Chopped
>Beefsteak Sandwich from the 1970s, it was the best thing they
>ever made?
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/RVLLH1n8/mcdonalds-beefsteak-sandwich.jpg
>https://ibb.co/Cvjjrwn

I loved it and remember it returning a few times.

I have never seen onion nuggets on their menu.

--
Trump won.

Rhino

Aug 31, 2021, 8:34:39 PM8/31/21
McHomard? Is that a typo? I've never seen a word that looks like that....

--
Rhino

Ubiquitous

Sep 1, 2021, 7:30:41 AM9/1/21
no_offlin...@example.com wrote:
> On 2021-08-31 7:48 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> no_offlin...@example.com wrote:

>>> McDonald's has apparently been hyping the return of a much-beloved
>>> item to their menu but has been tight-lipped about exactly what the
>>> product was. Today, the product has been revealed and it was NOT the one
>>> that "everyone" was hoping for. (I put the "everyone" in quotes because
>>> that is a massive overstatement. I'm sure many people don't even
>>> patronize Mickey D's and many of the people who do really don't loose
>>> sleep about which old favourite might be coming back.)
>>>
>>> I've never been a big patron of McDonald's so, frankly, I don't even
>>> recall them having offered McPizza in the 90s and I don't recall having
>>> it if they did.
>>>
>>> Just out of curiousity, is McPizza available at US (and overseas)
>>> McDonald's?
>>
>> I have a vague recollection of McPizza being available at limited stores,
>> but I was expecting it to be the McHomard, whihc was limited to Canada.
>
>McHomard? Is that a typo? I've never seen a word that looks like that....

It was mostly served in Quebec and roughly translates to McLobster.
It was a hot dog bun with lobster meat, lettuce, and mayo.

--
Trump won.

Rhino

Sep 1, 2021, 8:58:56 AM9/1/21
That's a new one on me! Mind you, I haven't been in or even near Quebec
in years. And even in this part of Ontario, the gaps between my visits
to McDonald's can be several years.

--
Rhino

Ubiquitous

Sep 1, 2021, 9:23:14 AM9/1/21
McDonald's did a lot of exp[erimental menu items in the 1990's! :-D

I think I saw McSoup and McPasta(?) once.

--
Trump won.

Rhino

Sep 1, 2021, 9:45:39 AM9/1/21
It makes sense that they would experiment with new items from time to
time; if the menu gets too stagnant, it would reduce business over time.
Mind you, I suppose there will always be a body of people who would go
back to McDonald's regularly if they only had Big Macs and Quarter Pounders.

--
Rhino

Ubiquitous

Sep 7, 2021, 5:53:03 AM9/7/21
Your...@YourISP.com wrote:
> On 2021-09-02 00:30:17 +0000, suzeeq said:

>>> No McPizza here in New Zealand.
>>>
>>> There have been one or two localised items over the years, but they
>>> don't usually last long. There's a full current menu at:
>>> <https://mcdonalds.co.nz/menu>
>>>
>>> Many years ago the company bought up the old Georgie Pie fast food
>>> resturant chain, but completely ignored it for a long time (just
>>> changing some branches into McDonalds and shutting others). A little
>>> while back they re-introduced a few of the "Georgie Pie" products as
>>> items on the McDonalds menu as individual and family-size versions
>>> (Steak Mince 'n' Cheese and Chicken 'n' Vegetable). Unfortuntely
>>> McDonalds priced them rather stupidly (NZ$4.50 for individual size,
>>> when local bakery shops sell the same size for NZ$2.50 - NZ$3.00) and
>>> after the initial "new toy" period they didn't sell very well, so the
>>> line was cancelled again last year. The only pies left there now are
>>> the original McDonalds' Apricot Pie or Apple Pie.
>>
>> Mmmm, Apricot; we don't have that one here.
>
>Both are guaranteed to burn the roof of your mouth, especially the
>apricot. ;-)
>
>They aren't are real "pies" though, more sealed pastry tubes. You can
>make them, and lots of other things, at home using a sausage roll maker
>... although a very quick Google search seems to have those kitchen
>devices only sold in Australia and New Zealand:

I am pretty sure I saw devices that could used to make them featured in
infomercials a few decades ago.

--
Trump won.