Shaolin Kung Fu

lisa bella

Jul 22, 2012, 5:02:27 AM7/22/12
Top2
ImprintContact UsShaolin Kung Fu
Feel the real Power of Shaolin Kung FuBanner - aktiv
Top
Home of ShaolinShaolin Kung Fu TrainingTai Chi TrainingSanda
TrainingChinese language courseApplication FormSuchen
Search... You are here: Home
Only 440 US$ each month of Shaolin Kung Fu / Tai Chi / Qi Gong /
Sanda Training or Chinese language course in china (or a combination)
incl. accomodation and food !!! Longterm Discount
•Our school
•Trainer
•Requirements and Preperations
•Weather and Packing list
•Photos and videos
•Sightseeing
•Picture books
•Contact Us
Feel the spirit of china

Shaolin Kung Fu Training in China
From a mere idea to the greatest adventure of my life
Does each of us have dreams? And ... have you ever thought to realize
these dreams? I did not want to continue this "normal" life, I wanted
to do something special and set the course for my future life.

I've been a fan of Asian martial arts movies since childhood, Jet Li,
Jackie Chan, I knew them all and wanted the same body control, the
cool kicks, somersaults and other acrobatics, but also learn the
selfprotect techniques. What are these techniques and where can I
learn this?

Shaolin Kung Fu - Hard Qi Gong exercises

The origin of all martial arts leads back to the famous Shaolin Temple
in Henan Province in China. 1500 years before the Indian monk
Bodhidharma (also known as Ta Mo) came in the Shaolin temple and found
the Shaolin monks in a catastrophic health condition. Bodhidharma
developed the 18 boxing techniques of Shaolin and trained the monks to
prepare their body condition willingly for the long meditations. The
exercises should promote the health of the monks, the steely muscles
and stimulate the internal organs, so they live longer. He also
spreaded the Buddhist teachings of the Chan, which was very
accommodating to the Chinese mentality. Even here, the close
connection between Shaolin Kung Fu Training and Chan Buddhism (or even
called Zen Buddhism) is clear. During the heyday of the Shaolin Temple
over 2500 Shaolin monks have been trained with Shaolin Kung Fu in
numerous styles. Especially 13 famous Shaolin monks have gone down in
history because they have helped the famous General Li Shimin in the
Battle of Qianglingkou to win. Their weapons are the dreaded Shaolin
Gun (stick).

Famous shaolin gun (stick)

My mind was made up. I would practice Shaolin Kung Fu in Henan
province in China just like the famous Shaolin monks. But is that
possible? How can I contact with them? How can I get there? I do not
speak Chinese, only English! What are the requirements for admission
to the Shaolin Kung Fu training? What can I learn in chnia? Age? Men
and women? How long can I stay there to learn Shaolin Kung Fu? Many,
many questions that plague me and I'll answer on this site!

Follow me into the fascinating trip of Shaolin ...

Idea – Shaolin Kung Fu Training in China
Of course, you must be a little crazy to come up with this idea
already. Why should I train Shaolin Kung Fu in China at all, there are
also kung fu clubs in my area? The local clubs are excellent kungfu,
to become familiar with the subject of Martial Arts / Shaolin Kung
Fu / Tai Chi or Sanda. This sport is ever right for me? At home, I'll
have the chance to train maybe 2 - 3 times (even up to 5 times) a week
for 1 hour Shaolin Kung Fu. On everage 3 hours a week, 12 hours in a
month or 144 hours a year.

Shaolin Kung Fu training at wu long tan (5 dragon lake)

The Shaolin Kung Fu training (it is also taught Modern Wushu, Tai Chi
& Qi Gong / Sanda (Chinese boxing) and Chinese Language) is practiced
daily 6 - 8 hours, 6 days a week, 4 weeks a month, 11 months (foreign
students can train 12 months a year) in place, up to 2300 hours per
year! The training intensity for Shaolin Kung Fu / Wushu Modern /
Sanda / Tai Chi & Qi Gong training in China is many times higher and
thus the learning curve!

Training directly at the Shaolin temple?
Of course, I would like to be just so trained 1500 years ago by the
Shaolin monks in the Shaolin Temple. This is located in central China,
in Henan Province at the foot of Mount Songshan, about 1 ½ hours drive
from the capital, Zhengzhou.

Shaolin temple in henan province

Unfortunately, foreign students can not train directly Shaolin Kung Fu
at the Shaolin Temple with the Shaolin monks. For foreign students,
there is the possibility to train in a Shaolin Kung Fu (in Chinese it
is called wushu) school - of course with Shaolin monks.

What is the right Shaolin Kung Fu school?
This question may never be answered in general because each has
different needs. In any case, you should notice the following things:
The size of the Shaolin Kung Fu schools vary from 10 to 15000
students. Small schools of Shaolin Kung Fu often have no training
hall, so that the Shaolin Kung Fu training will take place in rain or
shine, summer and winter outdoors. It is important that the coaches
speak English, so that understanding is possible. Every Shaolin Kung
Fu coach is trained almost since childhood, do they also have
experience with foreign students? Chinese students can not have rest
even they are sick, in case of errors they are beaten and the training
takes place in large groups. There are great differences regarding the
accommodation, double room or a dormitory, western toilet in the room
or a hole in the woods, hot water and shower. Quality of food, other
activities such as teaching Chinese language, Buddhism, Tai Chi & Qi
Gong, etc., assist in visa matters, obscure one-off fees are
additional issues that need to be considered in the selection.

My choice of Shaolin Kung Fu School
I opted for the Wushu Shaolinsi Xuexiao because this school seemed
perfect for me. I want to strongly recommend the excellent trainer Xie
Xu Yong (Buddhist name Shi Yan Lin). He is now in the Yuntai Mountain
International Martial Arts And Culture School (also known as
International Kung Fu Training Center). It is located near the city of
Jiaozuo in Yuntai mountains in a huge geological park, which has even
been honored by UNESCO. Authentic Shaolin monks teach in the Yuntai
Mountain International Martial Arts And Culture School who have
studied in the Shaolin Kung Fu at the Shaolin Temple in Henan
Province!

Shaolin Kung Fu school in yuntai mountain

Shaolin Kung Fu - Requirements
The Shaolin Kung Fu school is open to all students over the world.
Both men and women can learn Shaolin Kung Fu. Chinese students start
their 3-years Shaolin Kung Fu education between the ages of 6 and 11
years, foreign Shaolin Kung Fu students usually come after school or
training to China. For minors, a declaration by the parent or guardian
is required. All students of all nationalities are welcome, with or
without martial arts experience.

It is not necessary to have martial arts experience, but you should be
aware that the unusual long and hard training quite tiring and a good
physical condition will be extremely helpful. Good preparation by
jogging and stretching will alleviate the muscle soreness during the
first weeks of Shaolin Kung Fu training much ;-)

Master Shi Yan Lin with his student travelled with 'Wheel of life'
performance around the world

Shaolin Kung Fu Training in China - Procedure
Plan. What do I want to learn? How long should I stay in China? When
do I have time to leave? 1 - 3 months - for a glimpse of Shaolin Kung
Fu, Modern Wushu, Tai Chi & Qi Gong, Sanda Training in China. It is
possible, to learn up to 2 forms Shaolin Kung Fu weapon forms in a
month. 3 - 12 months are suitable for those who wish to lern more
Shaolin Kung Fu techniques, forms and more weapons, additional Sanda /
Tai Chi or a much better condition. It is appropriate for all martial
arts fans to have more than 12 months of training who want still learn
more Shaolin Kung Fu techniques (animal styles) and Hard Qi Gong
exercises in your home or start their own school. I've decided to be
trained 1 year Shaolin Kung Fu in China.

The next step I took is to get into contact with this website. Simply
fill out the application form and inquire whether I can attend in the
the Shaolin Kung Fu school in the desired period. With this
application form I do not have to committ myself to anything! Now I
have looked after a Visa at the Chinese Embassy. Simply fill out a
visa form, in part, a letter of invitation is required. I have
requested this "letter of invitation" by e-mail and and get it sent
quickly via email from my school. You can get a tourist visa for up to
90 days with no problems. For a longer stay, the local school will
help with a visa extension, but only the Chinese government has the
right to decide on a visa-issue.

Shaolin Kung Fu training in snow

At the same time I have looked for a flight from my home to China /
Beijing and from there a Chinese domestic flight to Zhengzhou.

Highly recommended is an international health insurance.

Furthermore, you should seek advice from your doctor regarding
vaccinations.

Also, I have trained the physical fitness with jogging and stretching
or climbing stairs.

Shortly before departure
For the Shaolin Kung Fu, Modern Wushu, Tai Chi & Qi Gong, Sanda
training or regular exercise light clothes are recommended. In winter,
you should take warm clothes with you. However, clothes can be bought
very cheaply in China.

I have notified the school my arrival data / time and flight number at
the airport in Zhengzhou, so the school bus picked me up from
zhengzhou airport.

Shaolin Kung Fu

The greatest adventure of my life begins - Shaolin Kung Fu Training in
China
I'm sitting already in the plane to China. I have a quite uneasy
feeling, especially with regard to the language. What if no one pickde
me up? After a 10-hours flight to Beijing and another 1 hour flight to
Zhengzhou, I was picked up by school bus and after 1 ½ hours, I'm
pretty exhausted at the Shaolin Kung Fu school. Only then I booked my
stay and payed the monthly contribution. I got a by Western standards
simple, but to Chinese conditions extremely comfortable double room
assigned, even with its own toilet and shower and hot water. I fall
into bed dead tired.

Performance show team

Shaolin Kung Fu / Modern Wushu / Tai Chi & Qi Gong / Sanda Training
The Shaolin Kung Fu, Modern Wushu, Tai Chi & Qi Gong, Sanda Training
starts depending on the season, 5:30 to 6:00 clock. I can choose what
to learn between Shaolin Kung Fu, Modern Wushu, Tai Chi & Qi Gong,
Sanda (Chinese Boxing). As prerequisites for all martial arts you need
a good condition and good stretching. Each workout begins with
jogging, sprinting, stretching, warm up all sorts of exercises. 1 ½
hours. I am very tired and look forward to the breakfast. The Shaolin
Kung Fu training starts at 09:00, again starting with physical
training, but also with Shaolin Kung Fu Basics, stalls, kicks,
punches, acrobatic exercises.

Shaolin double sword (dao) training

It lasts with a short break to 11:30. At Lunch, I have heavy legs. I
have a briefly rest before the main Shaolin Kung Fu training at 14:00
clock continues. Warm up, basics and finally forms, with or without
weapons of Shaolin Kung Fu, depending on the proficiency of the
students. At 17:30 o'clock the training ends before dinner and from
20:00 the free Shaolin Kung Fu training starts.

The foreign students can choose whether they want to learn Shaolin
Kung Fu, Tai Chi & Qi Gong, Sanda or Chinese language. It is also
possible to learn a half-day Chinese language and half-day chinese
martial arts. In addition, I can even switch between courses Shaolin
Kung Fu, Modern Wushu, Tai Chi & Qi Gong, Sanda in consultation with
the Shifu (coach).

Shaolin Kung Fu Training - Summary
After my 1-year Shaolin Kung Fu stay in a Shaolin Kung Fu school in
China, I have received a much better condition and strain during
martial arts training course.

Foreign students train shaolin kung fu

But besides, I realized the biggest dream of my life in this unique
adventure. I have an acquaintance of a foreign language and culture,
have learned to tackle my whole life differently, to reorganize, to be
more relaxed, knowing how to wait, and the total stress in the work to
meet on Asian way: quiet and calm. In my search for a new job my
Shaolin Kung Fu training camp was evaluated by the hiring managers
very positive. My entire life has become positive and the love to
China will accompany me in my heart forever.

Are YOU ready for the greatest adventure of your life? Do you want
your dream - Shaolin Kung Fu Training in China - one step closer,
click here.

Language

Random Image

Impressions

Training in shaolin temple

Shaolin Temple

Bodhidharma

Master Shi Yan Lin

Forbidden city in beijing

Temple of heaven

Great wall

Terracotta Warrior in Xi'an

Panda

White dragon lake in yunnan

Yi Minority

Fantastic red earth geological formation

Wonderful mountain area

Thai minority celebrating water festival

Relaxing in a park at kaifeng

Online Shop

Shaolin Kung Fu Online Shop

Original articles from Shaolin/China. Now more than 1000 DVDs,
weapons, shaolin monk uniforms and more.
Take a look at this amazing picture book of wonderful yuntai mountain,
the place of our school. More

If you have any question and you want to come to our school, please
contact us:

Master Shi Yan Lin and some of his foreign students. More