New Moderator Rules

Lumpy

Jan 1, 2010, 9:52:03 PM1/1/10
Copy/Pasted from another group.
Guy says it's real.

*****

here's a portion of the rules from a tech forum I joined, crazy!

# ABSOLUTELY NO vulgar or obscene language, no cursing, not even mild
profanity is allowed... even acronyms for profane language are to be
avoided... we want to be squeaky clean! If it resembles a bad word, do not
include it in your thread or post, use another word.

Swearing is absolutely prohibited and this includes using words like "Lord"
or "God" in vain... as well as phrases like "Oh-My-God", "Good Lord", "Holy
Jesus", etc. Acronyms, synonyms and euphemisms are not to be used to replace
swear words... for example, O-M-G is an acronym for Oh-My-God, d-a-r-n is a
euphemism for d-a-m-n, Gosh is a euphemism for God. Please avoid these, as
we do not wish to cause anyone any offense. We do not censor the words "God"
or "Hell" because they are used in many movie titles, however, we will not
allow them to be used to swear or in a profane manner.

We use an auto-delete and auto-replace system to automatically delete or
replace any censored words and some censored phrases, therefore if you
notice your sentence sounds stupid or words have been substituted, it means
you goofed and typed a dirty word. DO NOT use character substitutions in an
attempt to get your dirty word aired... you will be warned and banned if
necessary.

Some members will undoubtedly claim that our language rules are too strict,
however, the rules are necessary to overcome some members claiming certain
words are no worse than others... but more importantly to uphold our mission
of having the highest moral and ethical standards. Therefore, we will not
allow any, not even what many would consider mild and/or questionable.
Remember... if we allow one person to slide then we have defeated the
purpose of the rules. Generally members will be warned for the first offense
and may be banned for repetitive non-compliance.... however, we reserve the
right to edit and/or delete any post we believe may be inappropriate and we
may do this without notice to the offender.

These language rules, as in all rules, applies to all areas of the forums
including usernames and titles. If we believe a username is questionable and
provocative, we reserve the right to delete it without notice to the user.
Be smart and play it safe, do not tempt us. These are all strictly
prohibited and adherence will be strictly enforced. There are absolutely no
exceptions!

# We can not emphasize enough the importance of keeping the bickering,
arguing, flaming, bashing... "and things like these" ... away from here.
Provoking and eliciting threads, posts and links that might create issues
are also prohibited. If you and another member (or members) have issues with
one another, DO NOT bring those issues to this forum. It will absolutely not
be tolerated.

HOLLERING, spamming, slamming, trolling, arguing, bashing, trashing,
rudeness, flaming, name calling, fighting, punching, kicking, sexual
innuendo and sexual oriented content ARE ALL STRICTLY PROHIBITED!

# NO bashing of manufacturers and/or products will be tolerated. You may
explain that you prefer product A over product B and justify your
differences, but do not deliberately bash a product just because you do not
like it or just because you had a bad experience with it. Others may own
that product and may be offended that you are bashing and trashing their
choice of products.

# There will be absolutely no pornography or immodest pictures of any kind,
no babe pictures (not even with spoiler tags), which includes any pictures
of men or women not fully clothed from the neck down... and yes, this
includes any pictures of men who happen to be shirtless. Do no post pictures
of men or women in bathing suits or women in lingerie.

We forbid words, phrases, titles and usernames related to the same... there
should be absolutely no discussion related to the adult industry in any way
what so ever. Do not use the phrase "adult industry" or "p-o-r-n" in your
threads or posts... and this includes movie reviews (it includes every nook
and corner of the forum). There should be no sexual innuendo discussion or
references to the same, nor any appearance of anything that might be
construed as sexually inappropriate. There are to be no discussions or
references to nudity in any way, form or fashion. Do not post links to any
site that might in any way be deemed inappropriate. Members may be banned
for non-compliance and this may be without notice to the offender. It is our
intentions to run an extremely respectable home theater forum and once
again, be squeaky clean.

*****

Lumpy

In Your Ears for 40 Something Years
www.LumpyMusic.com

Don Lancaster

Jan 2, 2010, 1:26:06 AM1/2/10
Lumpy wrote:
> Copy/Pasted from another group.
> Guy says it's real.
>
> *****
>
> here's a portion of the rules from a tech forum I joined, crazy!
>

> # ABSOLUTELY NO vulgar or obscene language, no cursing, not even mild
> profanity is allowed... even acronyms for profane language are to be
> avoided... we want to be squeaky clean! If it resembles a bad word, do not
> include it in your thread or post, use another word.

Or kiss your onager goodbye.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
rss: http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu.xml email: d...@tinaja.com

Pogonip

Jan 2, 2010, 1:51:59 AM1/2/10
Lumpy wrote:
> Copy/Pasted from another group.
> Guy says it's real.
>
> *****
>
> here's a portion of the rules from a tech forum I joined, crazy!

*gigantic snip*

If they really, truly want to keep their standards that high, they
should adopt the motto: "Silence is golden" and forbid all posting.
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com

rjn

Jan 2, 2010, 10:39:38 AM1/2/10
Pogonip <nobo...@nowhere.org> wrote:

> If they really, truly want to keep their standards that high, they
> should adopt the motto:  "Silence is golden" and forbid all posting.

You have just described the entire Internet in China, real soon now.

With any luck the "good" news in that might be that they won't
be able to list items on ebay.com.

--
Regards, Bob Niland mailto:na...@ispname.tld

Kris Baker

Jan 2, 2010, 1:50:26 PM1/2/10

"Pogonip" <nob...@nowhere.org> wrote in message

> Lumpy wrote:
>> Copy/Pasted from another group.
>> Guy says it's real.
>>
>> *****
>>
>> here's a portion of the rules from a tech forum I joined, crazy!
>>
> *gigantic snip*
>>

> If they really, truly want to keep their standards that high, they should
> adopt the motto: "Silence is golden" and forbid all posting.
> --
> Joanne

Sounds like the Mormons and their online Unix groups.

Kris
Watch out....there's a murderer amongst them

Pogonip

Jan 2, 2010, 4:59:32 PM1/2/10

The experts on euphemisms! Well, I'll be go to heck!

Kris Baker

Jan 2, 2010, 5:57:22 PM1/2/10

> Kris Baker wrote:
>>
>> "Pogonip" <nob...@nowhere.org> wrote in message

>>> *gigantic snip*
>>>>

>>> If they really, truly want to keep their standards that high, they
>>> should adopt the motto: "Silence is golden" and forbid all posting.
>>> --
>>> Joanne
>>
>> Sounds like the Mormons and their online Unix groups.
>>
>> Kris
>> Watch out....there's a murderer amongst them
>
> The experts on euphemisms! Well, I'll be go to heck!
> --
> Joanne

Oh, sugar! Fudge you!

Kris

Pogonip

Jan 2, 2010, 7:19:17 PM1/2/10
Kris Baker wrote:

> "Pogonip" <nob...@nowhere.org> wrote in message
>> Kris Baker wrote:
>>>
>>> "Pogonip" <nob...@nowhere.org> wrote in message

>>> Sounds like the Mormons and their online Unix groups.
>>>
>>> Kris
>>> Watch out....there's a murderer amongst them
>>
>> The experts on euphemisms! Well, I'll be go to heck!
>> --
>> Joanne
>
> Oh, sugar! Fudge you!
>
> Kris

Oh, my heck! Somebody's gonna kick your trash for talking like that!

Kris Baker

Jan 2, 2010, 7:20:41 PM1/2/10

"Pogonip" <nob...@nowhere.org> wrote in message

Oofercute dress.

Kris

Pogonip

Jan 2, 2010, 9:50:20 PM1/2/10

OK, you have now exceeded my knowledge of Utahn vernacular.

Kris Baker

Jan 2, 2010, 9:59:15 PM1/2/10

"Pogonip" <nob...@nowhere.org> wrote in message

Molly Mormon: Ooooooh fer cute dress!

Manly Mormon: Thank you. I just bought it for the kiss-in at
Temple Square.

-------------------------

Oofercute is Molly's pronunciation of "oh, for CUTE!"

Kris

Pogonip

Jan 2, 2010, 10:25:16 PM1/2/10

Thank you. Uh......the "kiss-in"????

Lumpy

Jan 2, 2010, 10:34:15 PM1/2/10
Pogonip wrote:
> Thank you. Uh......the "kiss-in"????

All the MoMos dress up like their favorite KISS
band member. It's an old tradition that's still
around.

Kris Baker

Jan 2, 2010, 10:54:33 PM1/2/10

"Pogonip" <nob...@nowhere.org> wrote in message

A large protest on the LDS-church owned portion of Main Street,
attended by hundreds/thousands (whichever source you read)
of gay and straight people, kissing each other. This was after
the Mormon goons saw (via security cameras) two men kissing
on Main Street, and had them arrested for criminal trespassing
and other such silly stuff.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_12811907
Kris

Kris Baker

Jan 2, 2010, 10:56:31 PM1/2/10

"Lumpy" <lu...@digitalcartography.com> wrote in message

> Pogonip wrote:
>> Thank you. Uh......the "kiss-in"????
>
> All the MoMos dress up like their favorite KISS
> band member. It's an old tradition that's still
> around.
>

> Lumpy

'cos they couldn't tell Peter Criss from Joseph Smith.

Kris

Don Lancaster

Jan 4, 2010, 3:21:56 PM1/4/10

Its those miniature pink and green marshmallows.

Pogonip

Jan 4, 2010, 3:29:19 PM1/4/10
Kris Baker wrote:

> "Pogonip" <nob...@nowhere.org> wrote in message

>> Kris Baker wrote:
>>
>> Thank you. Uh......the "kiss-in"????
>> --
>> Joanne
>
> A large protest on the LDS-church owned portion of Main Street,
> attended by hundreds/thousands (whichever source you read)
> of gay and straight people, kissing each other. This was after
> the Mormon goons saw (via security cameras) two men kissing
> on Main Street, and had them arrested for criminal trespassing
> and other such silly stuff.
>
> http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_12811907
> Kris

All over a kiss on the cheek? LOL!!! Who knows where that could lead,
eh?

Kris Baker

Jan 4, 2010, 4:01:31 PM1/4/10

"Don Lancaster" <d...@tinaja.com> wrote in message

> Kris Baker wrote:
>>

>> A large protest on the LDS-church owned portion of Main Street,
>> attended by hundreds/thousands (whichever source you read)
>> of gay and straight people, kissing each other. This was after
>> the Mormon goons saw (via security cameras) two men kissing
>> on Main Street, and had them arrested for criminal trespassing
>> and other such silly stuff.
>>
>> http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_12811907
>> Kris
>
> Its those miniature pink and green marshmallows.

I think these guys wanted full-sized.

Kris

Kris Baker

Jan 4, 2010, 4:02:01 PM1/4/10

> Kris Baker wrote:
>>
>> "Pogonip" <nob...@nowhere.org> wrote in message
>>> Kris Baker wrote:
>>>
>>> Thank you. Uh......the "kiss-in"????
>>> --
>>> Joanne
>>
>> A large protest on the LDS-church owned portion of Main Street,
>> attended by hundreds/thousands (whichever source you read)
>> of gay and straight people, kissing each other. This was after
>> the Mormon goons saw (via security cameras) two men kissing
>> on Main Street, and had them arrested for criminal trespassing
>> and other such silly stuff.
>>
>> http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_12811907
>> Kris
>
> All over a kiss on the cheek? LOL!!! Who knows where that could lead,
> eh?
> --
> Joanne

Definitely not to over-population, thankfully.

Kris

Mr. Mike

Jan 29, 2010, 12:10:50 PM1/29/10
>here's a portion of the rules from a tech forum I joined, crazy!
>
># ABSOLUTELY NO vulgar or obscene language, no cursing, not even mild
>profanity is allowed... even acronyms for profane language are to be
>avoided... we want to be squeaky clean! If it resembles a bad word, do not
>include it in your thread or post, use another word.
>
>Swearing is absolutely prohibited and this includes using words like "Lord"
>or "God" in vain... as well as phrases like "Oh-My-God", "Good Lord", "Holy
>Jesus", etc. Acronyms, synonyms and euphemisms are not to be used to replace
>swear words... for example, O-M-G is an acronym for Oh-My-God, d-a-r-n is a
>euphemism for d-a-m-n, Gosh is a euphemism for God. Please avoid these, as
>we do not wish to cause anyone any offense. We do not censor the words "God"
>or "Hell" because they are used in many movie titles, however, we will not
>allow them to be used to swear or in a profane manner.

[etc., etc. ... this seems to come from
http://www.hometheatershack.com, BTW]

I posted these rules in some other newsgroup and a person there
pointed out that these rules violate their own rules...

Kay Hsueh

Mar 9, 2021, 3:03:01 AM3/9/21
Hello ,

Good day .

Please check our website - http://www.super-sourcingpro.com/

And let me know what you need , thanks !

Kind Regards,
Kay Hsueh ( Ms. )
TONGTONGMENGLI(AT)GMAIL(DOT)COM

Mr. Mike 在 2010年1月30日 星期六上午1:10:50 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道: