Chung Wah Ying Hung (Chinese Hero)

jivecat

Dec 29, 2000, 8:01:41 AM12/29/00
Does anyone know where I can find copies of "Chung Wah Ying Hung" (Chinese
Hero)? Either in the english translated "Blood Sword" or the original
"Chung Wah Ying Hung ". This series is what the HK movie, "A Man Called
Hero" was adapted from.
Any info is greatly appreciated.
<[jive]>

John C. Watson

Dec 31, 2000, 4:39:15 PM12/31/00
in article VW%26.38702$Z36.1...@typhoon.hawaii.rr.com, jivecat at

By Jih Yong/Louis Cha, right? Are you refering to the original novel(s) or
a comic (manwha?) adaptation? If the former, Amazon.com lists only _Fox
Volant of the Snowy Mountain_ (under Jih Yong) and the first two volumes of
_The Deer and The Cauldron_ ("aka _Royal Tramp_"; as Louis Cha), the latter
being recommended over the former in the reviews.

Oh--from the review of _The Deer and The Cauldron_:

"(An earlier Louis Cha novel, _Book and Sword: Gratitude and Revenge_, is
available for download in its entirety, in English, from
<http://idt.net/~earnshaw>.)"

Erk--there's nothing in the directory.

If you're refering to the latter, was it a Jademan comic? If so, good luck!
Sincerely. Mile High Comics <http://www.milehighcomics.com/>, which claims
an inventory of 6,000,000 comics, lists all of eight Jademan comics in
stock. Wait a minute...I know someone who used to collect Jademan. It's
likely that he has gotten rid of them, but let me ask him.

Let's see...have you tried Asiapac?
<http://www.asiapacbooks.com/Index.asp> I don't recall them as having a
translation, but they *do* comic adaptations of Jih Yong/Louis Cha's works,
both in Chinese and English. Actually, they don't seem to list it, only
_The Return of the Condor Heroes_.

A search on a good (meta-)search engine (Ixquick or Google) should turn some
thing up.

As an aside, here's a Jih Yong discussion forum
<http://cmy.virtualave.net/jinyong/>. Looks like it's pretty popular (five
hundred messages in the last month)--this might be the place to ask your
question.

Here's a good Louis Cha site <http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Pagoda/2331/>,
with *lots* of links.

That's enough for today.

Ciao,
John

John C. Watson
World Otakunization Project, Amherst Division
_____

"Oh when I joined the Eagles
(As it might be yesterday)
I kissed a girl at Clusium
Before I marched away

"A long march, a long march, and twenty years in store,
When I left my girl at Clusium, beside the threshing floor.

"The girls of Spain were honey sweet,
And the golden girls of Gaul;
And the Thracian maids were soft as birds
To hold the heart in thrall.

[...]

"But the girl I kissed at Clusium
Kissed and left and left at Clusium,
The girl I kissed at Clusium
I remember best of all.

"A long march, a long march, and twenty years behind,
But the girl I kissed at Clusium come easy to my mind."

A Roman marching song, by Rosemary Sutcliff, _The Eagle of the Ninth_

oibeac...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2018, 1:12:24 PM3/4/18
I have the entire run in Chinese. It's in black and white. I've waited 30 years to find out the conclusion but I can't read the damn thing. I can only surmise from the pictures. I'll scan and share if you can translate.