Hurricane

David Dalton

Sep 9, 2021, 2:52:36 AM9/9/21
A category 1 hurricane is due to hit the Avalon late Friday night
and early Saturday.

"Once I thought I saw you in a crowded hazy bar
Dancing on the light from star to star
Far across the moonbeam I know that's who you are
I saw your brown eyes turning once to fire”
(Neil Young)

"We meet at the lights
I stare for a while
The world around us disappears

Oh but everytime I’m close to you
There’s too much I can’t say
And you just walk away”
(Sarah McLachlan)

“‘You could lay down your head by a sweet river bed/But Sonny
always remembers what it was his Mama said” (Ron Hynes)

David Dalton

Sep 9, 2021, 5:34:14 PM9/9/21
On Sep 9, 2021, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.26E9E6B100...@news.eternal-september.org>):

> A category 1 hurricane is due to hit the Avalon late Friday night
> and early Saturday.

The local forecast is at

https://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/nl-24_metric_e.html

David Dalton

Sep 10, 2021, 1:39:16 AM9/10/21
On Sep 9, 2021, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.26E9E6B100...@news.eternal-september.org>):

> A category 1 hurricane is due to hit the Avalon late Friday night
> and early Saturday.
>
> "Once I thought I saw you in a crowded hazy bar
> Dancing on the light from star to star
> Far across the moonbeam I know that's who you are
> I saw your brown eyes turning once to fire”
> (Neil Young)
>
> "We meet at the lights
> I stare for a while
> The world around us disappears

> Oh but everytime I’m close to you
> There’s too much I can’t say
> And you just walk away”
> (Sarah McLachlan)

Neil Young wrote:

"You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye"

and Sarah wrote

"Let me surround you
My sea to your shore
Let me be the calm you seek"

and also

"I love the time and in between the calm inside me
In the space where I can breathe"

though someone on FTE (I Think METH) thought
that "calm" was ""come", ha.

David Dalton

Sep 10, 2021, 7:10:13 PM9/10/21
High wind has always charged me up, so I plan to try
and complete some workings tonight.

David Dalton

Sep 10, 2021, 7:12:55 PM9/10/21
On Sep 10, 2021, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.26EC1D5200...@news.eternal-september.org>):

> High wind has always charged me up, so I plan to try
> and complete some workings tonight.

But I plan to shut down my computer at 10 p.m. so
won’t be posting any reports until late tomorrow,
or later if there is an extended power outage.