Cold Reading For Mentalists

Corey White

Feb 2, 2024, 1:32:42 AMFeb 2

I'm posting this because the google group
archive is going to end on Feb 22, and I
don't want it to be forgotten.

If you enjoy readings this and want to support
me as the author you can buy a print edition of this
book on Amazon at:

https://www.amazon.com/Script-Cold-Reading-Mentalists/dp/B0CCCX6LF1

THE SCRIPT

Cold Reading For Mentalists

COREY WHITE

ISBN: 9798852745125

DEDICATION

To my girlfriend Tiffany

FORWARD

My parents' home was located near the
edge of a nature preserve, and it was in this
beautiful expanse of wilderness that my
journey of discovery truly began. While
exploring the woods one day, I stumbled
upon an enigmatic earth mound, which turned
out to be a significant relic crafted by ancient
Native Americans. Little did I know that this
chance encounter would serve as the catalyst
for a profound connection with a culture I
knew little about.

As serendipity would have it, my mother
crossed paths with a Native American woman
who, upon visiting our home, immediately
recognized the earth mound I had discovered.
Her presence seemed to bring an air of
ancient wisdom and mystique, and she
quickly discerned that our family was
different and posed no harm to the mound.
Out of kindness, my mother extended an
invitation for her to stay with us for a while,
and that decision marked the beginning of an
extraordinary chapter in my life.
Under the guidance of this wise Native
American woman, I delved into the
mesmerizing world of Indigenous customs
and traditions. The more I learned, the more
my fascination grew, and soon, we were
attending Pow Wows and other Native
American ceremonies, embracing the beauty
of their culture firsthand.
Our home became a place of cultural
exchange, where a Medicine Man from the
reservation would conduct sweat lodges for
Native Americans from all over the country.
Immersed in these rituals, I absorbed
knowledge about Native American history,
spirituality, and values, gaining a profound
appreciation for their ancient way of life. My
perspective on the world was transformed,
and I began to see the interconnectedness of
all living beings in a new light.
Alongside the Native Americans, the
ceremonies also attracted psychics and new
agers. I was intrigued by the energy and
spirituality present. These experiences
exposed me to incredible and seemingly
magical occurrences, which I still cannot
explain. I was befriended by tarot readers in
the area, and gained unique insights into their
practices.

Through interactions and card readings, I
discovered an intriguing revelation about the
world of psychics – the best ones were using
scripts. It was a revelation that, while
surprising, held valuable lessons. Armed with
this newfound knowledge, I became more
discerning, understanding the nuances of
psychic readings and the power of belief.
Today, I carry within me the profound
wisdom of the Native Americans and the
mystical allure of the psychic realm. The
fusion of these two experiences has shaped
me into a person with an open mind and a
deep appreciation for diverse perspectives. I
believe that we can all benefit from
understanding the world in unique ways,
appreciating the magic that exists in the
unknown, and cherishing the remarkable
connections we can form with others.

INTRODUCTION

Picture yourself standing before a
captivated audience, ready to deliver a
powerful speech. With a prepared script in
hand, you have the power to organize your
thoughts and present them coherently. Each
sentence seamlessly flows into the next, like
strokes of a master painter on a canvas. By
carefully selecting your words and arranging
them thoughtfully, you create a blueprint for
success. Your message is delivered with
clarity and conviction, leaving a lasting
impact on your listeners.

The prepared script acts as your guiding
light, leading you through the maze of your
own thoughts. It prevents you from losing
your way or stumbling into incoherence. With
a well-structured script, you can articulate
your ideas in a logical and engaging manner.
This organization allows your audience to
easily follow your train of thought, ensuring
they grasp the essence of your message.
Behind every outstanding speech lies hours
of dedication, practice, and refinement. While
improvisation may seem magical, it is
through preparation and deliberate practice
that true mastery is achieved. A prepared
script serves as the foundation for your
journey of self-improvement. During
rehearsals, you can explore the nuances of
your delivery, refine your pronunciation, and
experiment with intonation and pacing. In the
solitude of practice, you become comfortable
with your script, shedding self-doubt and
transforming into a confident and fluent
speaker.

The prepared script also serves as a mirror,
reflecting your performance and helping you
identify areas for improvement. You can
scrutinize your words, eliminating filler
phrases and polishing your delivery.
By eliminating distractions, you ensure that
your message shines through clearly,
captivating your audience.

As you refine your script, it evolves
alongside your growing confidence and
proficiency. It becomes a living entity,
adapting to your unique style and personality.
With each iteration, your script empowers
you to express yourself authentically while
maintaining the impact of your words.
A remarkable public speaker possesses the
ability to adapt their message to different
audiences and situations. This is where the
prepared script shines. With your script as a
guide, you can adjust your tone, language,
examples, and humor to connect deeply with
your listeners. Like a skilled weaver, you
intricately intertwine threads of relevance,
crafting a communication tapestry that
resonates with your audience's collective
consciousness.

Furthermore, the prepared script equips
you to anticipate and address potential
questions or objections. By incorporating
these considerations into your script, you're
prepared with well-crafted responses that
inspire trust and understanding.
Just like giving a speech, a good cold
reading relies on thorough preparation. This
involves meticulously crafting scripts, which
are made of statements covering various
topics such as personality, health,
relationships, and career. By memorizing
these scripts beforehand, mentalists can
maintain a seamless flow of information,
avoiding pauses, hesitations, or contradictions
that may expose their lack of genuine psychic
ability.

Scripts serve multiple purposes in the art of
cold reading. Firstly, they enable mentalists to
structure their readings in a logical and
coherent manner, allowing for a smooth
progression of insights. Secondly, scripts
incorporate techniques that increase the
likelihood of hitting on something relevant or
meaningful for the person being read. By
encompassing a broad range of topics,
mentalists can strike a chord with their
audience and create real magic.

At its core, cold reading is a technique used
by mentalists and psychics to convince their
audience that they possess hidden
information about their lives. Rather than
relying on supernatural powers, cold reading
involves making vague and generalized
statements that can apply to a wide range of
people. The mentalist then closely observes
the reactions and responses of the person
being read and adapts their statements
accordingly, creating an illusion of profound
insight.

While scripts provide a foundation, the true
artistry of cold reading lies in the mentalist's
ability to observe and adapt. Throughout the
reading, mentalists closely monitor verbal
cues, body language, facial expressions, and
other subtle indicators from the person being
read. This attentiveness allows them to refine
their statements, making them more specific
and personal. By incorporating feedback and
adjusting their approach, mentalists enhance
the illusion of supernatural insight, leaving
the audience astonished.

Ironically, mentalists who employ cold
reading techniques often deliver more
accurate readings than those who genuinely
believe in their psychic abilities. By using
scripts and observing their subjects closely,
mentalists can deliver information that seems
remarkably accurate. However, it is essential
to recognize that the accuracy is a product of
psychological techniques rather than
supernatural powers.

Scripts are not rigid or fixed; they are
flexible and adaptable tools that can be
modified according to the situation and the
person being read. I will now present several
examples of scripts you can actually use.

PROGRAM

I wrote a program that makes it easier to
memorize any script, not just the lines from my
book. It uses AI that watches how close you are
to the exact answer, which means you don't
have to worry about typos. If you get an answer
wrong it tells you the right answer and starts
you over at the beginning. It also uses symbols
as a memory mnemonic to help remember each
line in the script.

This should compile easily using any C++
Compiler on Windows, Mac, or Linux. There
is also an easy to download Windows
executable. The source code and program is
available on Github at:

https://github.com/coreywhitemagic/TheScript

CARTOMANCY

Cartomancy uses cards to divine the future. It
has been practiced for centuries, and can be
done with playing cards, tarot cards, oracle
cards, or any other deck of cards.

When doing cartomancy, the cards are
shuffled and layed out into a spread. Each
card should appear to have a specific meaning
according to its position in the spread. There
are many different ways to interpret the cards,
depending on the system, tradition, and
intuition of the reader. For playing cards the
numerical value of each card and the
symbols, colors, and images, are analyzed for
their meanings. The reader also uses their
own intuition and gut feelings to sense each
cards meaning.

Using a script instead of relying on the
meaning of individual cards is another
technique that brings a fresh perspective to
the age-old art of predicting the future using
cards.

Instead of the traditional method of reading
each card individually, I employ specially
crafted scripts that deliver a more a distinct
and precise meaning.

The process is simple yet profound. The
script meticulously guides you to interpret a
intuitive message accurately and insightfully.
In this approach, the interpretation of the
cards encompasses a framework that
incorporates your personal intuition, and a
reading already planned out that can apply to
anyone.

Gone are the days of uncertainty or ambiguity
in readings. Scripted readings ensure
consistent and reliable insights, making each
session a transformative experience. Trust in
the power of this method, and your own
instinct, to unveil the secrets of the cards
which will offer you profound guidance.
The first two scripts are 26 statements long
each. This makes 52 statements that you
could read as you deal an entire deck of
playing cards. There is a third script that is
also 26 statements long. You could recite all
three of these scripts for a complete reading
using tarot cards. To help remember the
scripts I use 26 astrological hints. You could
also use the alphabet. These hints can make it
easier to remember them if for example you
wanted to practice with flashcards.

In order to use these scripts simply turn
over cards as you read off the script one card
at a time. Learning these scripts are much
easier than you might think. You may also
only want to start with one script. You can
always do the other script for a repeat
customer.

(Script 1)

Sun - Your future is bright

Mercury - Don't let doubts and fears limit
your potential

Venus - Reflect on your life before making
any decisions

Earth - And don't give up before you succeed

Mars - let go of the past and focus on what
you can change

Jupiter - You will need to take action to reach
your goals

Saturn - Have the courage to face life and you
will be successful

Uranus - Its a good time to meet new people
and make new friends

Neptune - The potential for romance is very
strong

Pluto - You will have to work hard to achieve
your dreams

Aries - And you need to make plans for the
future

Taurus - Your life is going to become more
manageable

Gemini - But you need to exercise patience

Cancer - Important changes are occurring in
the future

Leo - And you need to be prepared

Virgo - Use your time on what's really
important

Libra - And continue to focus on your goals.

Scorpio - Make way for new things

Sagittarius - And be open to new ideas

Capricorn - Decide on what you want to do

Aquarius - And your purpose in life will
become clear

Pisces - Keep moving forward.

Waxing Moon - And remember the people
who need you

Waning Moon - You are able to hold yourself
accountable

Full Moon - And you will follow through
with your goals

New Moon - Do you want to look deeper?

(Script 2)

Sun - There is going to be a fresh start for you

Mercury - You are entering a whole new
period in your life

Venus - And are ready to make some major
changes

Earth - You will reach your goals and are
moving in the right direction

Mars - Once you decide on what you want
you'll know how to get it

Jupiter - Although it may not happen
immediately

Saturn - You need to look at the part you play
in your relationships

Uranus - And try to find ways of working
with other people

Neptune - There is a time coming in the
future where you will need to depend on
yourself

Pluto - And you are capable of doing that

Aries - Take time to listen to your intuition

Taurus - And your guides will be there

Gemini - I see your life is coming into
balance

Cancer - And things are falling back into
place

Leo - You will have to make some very hard
decisions

Virgo - But you know the right choices to
make

Libra - Try to put more time into your
relationships

Scorpio - And they will become stronger

Sagittarius - You have the support of those
closest to you

Capricorn - So don't forget whos been there
for you in the past

Aquarius - This is the perfect time to start
something new

Pisces - If you take things slow and plan
ahead you will succeed

Waxing Moon - Focus on your goals

Waning Moon - And create your own future

Full Moon - There is nothing you can't
accomplish

New Moon - Do you have any questions?

(Script 3)

Sun - You can handle the challenges ahead

Mercury - So don't doubt yourself

Venus - Rely on your intuition

Earth - Although it won't always be easy to hear

Mars - You already know the answers

Jupiter = But you need to think realistically

Saturn - Have he courage to express yourself

Uranus - And make your own decisions

Neptune - You know what you need to do

Pluto - But be careful moving forward

Aries - Your higher power will guide you

Taurus - And you've felt this happening before

Gemini - Learn how to listen

Cancer - And understand it is not always your
fault

Leo - Take care of your responsibilities

Virgo - And focus on what you need to do

Libra - Don't give up on your dreams

Scorpio - And you can still make them happen

Sagittarius - There are opportunities in the
future

Capricorn - But It may be a challenge to see
them

Aquarius - Finish what you are doing

Pisces - And you will have time for the rest
later

Waxing Moon - You may not understand why
yet

Waning Moon - But you need to save your
money

Full Moon - Realize that you have an important
purpose in life

New Moon - Do you understand?

PROMPTS

When you feel that you are getting a hit on
something you said, you can take a break and
make eye contact. Ask them a simple question to
see if you are on the right track. If they say no,
you can use one of these prompts to guide the
reading back on track. Here is my list of
prompts:

Are you with me?
Keep an open mind.

Is this clear to you?
It may take time to understand.

Does this make sense?
See it from another perspective.

Do you understand?
Look for the connection.

MAJOR ARCANA

There are 22 cards in the major arcana of the
tarot. It is very simple to remember the order of
those 22 cards. A trick I like to do is give those
cards a false shuffle and hand them out to
someone. I tell them to look at the cards one at a
time and when they decide to stop on one hold
the packet to their chest and try to send the card
to me. All you have to do is simply count and
you know which card they are thinking of. This
is probably the simplest trick you could ever do,
but I've never found it anywhere else.

PALMISTRY

Palmistry is the art of reading the lines,
shapes, and features of the palm to reveal the
personality, character, and destiny of a
person. Palmistry also involves some
psychology and intuition to connect with the
person who is being read.

The palm acts as a profound map of the
soul, and each intricate detail on it carries a
profound meaning and message. The major
lines that traverse the palm offer glimpses
into the primary themes and challenges that
weave through a person's life, encompassing
aspects such as health, love, career, and
destiny.

Before each reading you can prepare a
script to serves as a guide to the essential
aspects of each area of the palm. The beauty
of using a script lies in its ability to
encompass the similarities inherent in
everyone's palm. While each person's hand
may hold its own distinctive story, the
underlying script serves as a common thread,
weaving through the rich tapestry of human
experience. It unites us in the shared journey
of life, offering profound insights that
resonate universally.

In my practice, I combine the wisdom of
palmistry with elements of psychology and
intuition. This connection allows me to go
beyond the physical features of the hand and
delve deep into the soul of the person who
seeks guidance. By establishing this
empathetic link, I can deliver readings that
not only touch the surface but also resonate
with the core of their being.

The next script I would like to share with
you is the easiest to learn. If anyone wants
you to do a more detailed palm reading you
can tell them you need to take a xerox of their
hand and prepare something later. It took me
about 5 minutes with some flash cards to
memorize this:

(Script)

(1) Your heart line is strong and clear
(2) This means you will lead a good life
(3) And be fairly happy
(4) A heart line that curves like this means
(5) It's easy for you to express your feelings
(6) Your head line curves towards the wrist
(7) This means you are creative
(8) A straighter line would make you
(9) more down to earth
(10) Your life line shows
(11) How much energy you have
(12) It comes across the palm
(13) Which means you are someone
(14) With plenty of stamina and energy
(15) Not everyone has a destiny line
(16) It indicates a solid direction
(17) And Path in life

STAR SIGNS

Each zodiac sign can be described in depth but it
is more practical to learn one line or script for
each star sign. A good way to learn astrology is
to memorize a basic statement that summarizes
the main features and qualities of each sign.
Each zodiac sign has its own characteristics,
traits, strengths, and weaknesses. Knowing the
meaning for each zodiac sign can help you
understand other people.

If anyone wants you to say more about their star
sign you can tell them you need to plug in
further details into a computer. Before you learn
that here is a simple script to use for each sign:

March 21 - April 19
Aries take the initiative and are courageous

April 20 - May 20
Taurus are patient and dependable

May 21 - June 20
Geminis do many things at once and handle
responsibilities well

June 21 - July 22
Cancers get along well with everyone and
are very emotional

July 23 - August 22
Leos are good leaders and look out for their
friends

August 23 - September 22
Virgos are humble and are very down to
earth

September 23 - October 22
Libras take their time to think things over
and don't like making mistakes

October 23 - November 21
Scorpios can be competitive and are
determined

November 22 - December 21
Sagittarius are free spirited and optimistic

December 22 - January 19
Capricorns are independent and practical

January 20 - February 18
Aquarius are open minded and care about
other people

February 19 - March 20
Pisces are imaginative and have good
intuition

ZODIAC PREDICTION

I will share a tool to determine what zodiac
sign someone is. You need to prepare four
cards that have zodiac signs on the front and
the back. The cards look like this:

(1) "Spring"
Front: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Pisces
Back: Pisces, Sagittarius, Virgo, Taurus

(1) "Summer"
Front: Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Sagittarius
Back: Pisces, Sagittarius, Virgo, Gemini

(1) "Fall"
Front: Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Virgo
Back: Aquarius, Scorpio, Leo, Taurus

(1) "Winter"
Front: Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces, Taurus
Back: Capricorn, Libra, Cancer, Aries

In order to determine the star sign of your
audience you just need to show them the
cards. They are not labeled with the seasons
in performance.

Starting at card 1 you cycle through the front
cards asking a person to say "stop" when they
see their zodiac sign.

The cards are then turned around and they
are asked to say "stop" again the next time
they see their card.

The cards on the back are organized from
right to left spring, summer, fall, winter. The
front side of the cards are almost all
organized by seasons.

There is a 2 out of 12 chance they will be a
Pisces or a Sagittarius. If they are you will be
wrong and have to make a second guess. If
you were stopped on Spring your second
guess will be Pisces, and if they stopped you
on Summer your second guess will be
Sagittarius.

Outside of those two cases everything is
very straight forward. If they were thinking of
a front card in fall, their star sign will be
second from the left. Or if the front card was
winter it will be first on the left.

EQUIVOQUE

I have created two tricks that work with the
principle of Equivoque. Equivoque may be
the most magical way a mentalist can read
someone's mind. These two tricks work
without any gimmicks, and no one can ever
catch you. So they work perfectly into any
cold reading.

Equivoke, often referred to as the
magician's "multiple outs" or "multiple
endings," is a technique used to create an
illusion of free choice while secretly ensuring
a predetermined outcome. In essence, it is a
masterful way to manipulate the audience's
perception and give the illusion of an entirely
fair and random choice when, in reality, the
magician retains control over the outcome.

For the first trick take out all of the queens
in a deck. Set them down from left to right as
Queen of Diamonds, Queen of Clubs, Queen
of Hearts, and Queen of Spades.

Statistically people will pick the Queen of
Spades if they are a man and the queen of
Hearts of they are a woman. So assuming you
are performing for a man touch the Queen of
Spades with you finger and ask them to think
of any of the four cards.

No one will ever pick the Queen of Spades
now. After they think of a card, touch the
Queen of Hearts and ask them to touch a card
that they are not thinking of. Again they won't
touch the Queen of Spades for the same
reason, and now won't touch the Queen of
Hearts.

They will either touch the Queen of
Diamonds or the Queen of Clubs. All you
have to do now is pick the last card that hasn't
been touched and it will be their selection. It
should be fairly easy to adapt this to a female
in almost the same way.

The next trick I want to show you is also an
equivoke effect.

Position a force card third from the left in a
four card spread, with all of the cards face
down.

Touch the card farthest to the left with your
index finger, and ask the audience to touch
any of the four cards.

Usually they will touch the force card.
If they don't choose the force card, remove
the card that they do select.

Next, touch the actual force card yourself
and ask them to touch another card. They will
never select the one you just touched.

Remove the card they touched next and
there will be two cards left. One of the two
cards is the selection.

Ask them to touch another card, and if it is
the selection give them a free choice asking,
"Do you want to keep it or throw it away?".

They will always say they want to keep it.
If they choose the other card, just remove
it, and reveal the last card as the prediction.