Caustic Quilt

David Dalton

May 15, 2023, 8:56:44 PM5/15/23
A physics clue came to me while I was semi-asleep.

It is "caustic quilt", so a mesh that is like quilt
stitching and is formed from caustics, or possibly
characteristic curves.

I just wanted to note it on these groups for the
record; perhaps someone else will make something
more of it before I do.

For those not familiar with caustics, one simple
example is the apple-like curve that can be seen
when light shines in on an angle into a cup of tea.

I will add it to past clues that may help me and
collaborators develop an interstellar drive.

"This could be the final breath; This is life and death;
This is hard rock and water; Out here between wind and flame;
Between tears and elation; Lies a secret nation" (Ron Hynes)