Any Historical Links: Helel, Helel ben Shahar, and Shalem, and the Latinized Lucifer???

Frater Mal

Nov 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/9/98
I have come here, since I cannot find answers
to my searching through books and search engines
and several other usenet groups.

I wish to ask, are there any historical links
between the Canaanite Helel, Helel ben Shahar,
and Shalem, and the Latinized Lucifer? Before
you stop reading this post, please understand
that I am not trying to demonize your path or
Gods. I am only seeking this knowledge
for personal use.

From my research, in the Dictionary of Angels,
and Fallen Angels, by Bamberger, it was written
that Helel was a Canaanite deity, and may have
been linked to the Nephilim.

A woman researcher, who publishes a web page
about Canaanite and Phoenician deities, wrote that
Helel ben Shahar, and Shalem are twin deities of
the dawn and dusk.

Yet another researcher, who publishes a web page
about Lucifer, wrote that Lucifer was a Latin name,
for the morning star or Venus. Somehow, the early
bible scribes Latinized his name, and made it Lucifer,
the one who bears or carries light.

I have not been able to find any link with the planet
Venus, which governs love and pleasure, in some magical
tables of correspondence, unless love and pleasure were
the reasons for Lucifer's falling. But of course, Isaiah
wrote about a Babylonian king, in the bible, so many
may sidestep this avenue of inquiry.

Lucifer is most certainly not the Goddess Venus,
although the mythologies of the Gods, are open
to fanciful interpretations. If you have ever worked
with amulets, compare the energies between Lucifer
and Venus. Some writers, the Frosts among them,
place Lucifer in the Cabalistic sphere of Kether,
for gaining desires through deception, and
governing the far future and inventions.

Are there any links between the Gods of Canaan,
and the Latinized Lucifer? What are these links?
And, what are your sources of information?

Regards,

Frater Mal

xe...@my-dejanews.com

Nov 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/10/98
In article <3647A7BE...@hotmail.com>,

Frater Mal <secretil...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have come here, since I cannot find answers
> to my searching through books and search engines
> and several other usenet groups.
>
> I wish to ask, are there any historical links
> between the Canaanite Helel, Helel ben Shahar,
> and Shalem, and the Latinized Lucifer? Before
> you stop reading this post, please understand
> that I am not trying to demonize your path or
> Gods. I am only seeking this knowledge
> for personal use.

Firstly, let me answer your question by saying- no. Not as far as I know.
You may want to hunt down "KingSword" and his his O.T.A. web-page, as the
gods of Canaan are his "specialty."

Secondly- let me point out that Lucifer does not equal "Satan." There are
only *two* people called "Lucifer" or "Light-Bearer" (the Latin word Lucifer
translated into English) in your entire Bible- a King of Babylon and Jesus
himself.

You may thank the metaphorical exegesis or Origen and the prose of Milton for
the confusion.

Day...@erols.com

Nov 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/25/98

DayaLi
an Open and Critical Mind -- THE Antidote to Dogma Poisoning
sig copyright 1998

yisroel...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2020, 11:03:31 AM7/21/20
Great question Frater Mal
I've been working precisely on this topic for many years and hope to publish the answer in my upcoming book
to be brief shalem is a canaanite god and twin brother of Shahar both sons of EL and Ashera, One is the morning star and one is the evening star. Helel Ben shahar is the fallen angle of Venus which corresponds to Babylon. In the Nephilim myth she is the one who doesnt sin with the fallen angels.
Lucifer is the Greek translation of Helel. This corresponds to the corruption of love.

Magic Jesus

Mar 27, 2023, 2:41:16 PM3/27/23

Esau symbolizes Helel Ben Shahar, Eosophorous (Dawn bearer)=Phosphor=Lucifer as planet Venus, heralding the dawn as the star of the morning.
Esav is, therefore, a parallel name for Phosphor/Lucifer (also hissop, the red-haired plant, (red-hairy Esau) as in Caesar's Messiah-Atwill).
This matches the "torch" of the gods (like Dionysus) including the dadophors. Ovid connects it to Daedaelion. And, perhaps it links to Daedalus.
Never reaching the summit, though, Venus/Helal outshines all the stars, he becomes the hero/demigod who strives but fails to attain power and glory.
Though, he does make a comeback from his outcasting (as the red-haired scapegoat) and "throws of the yoke" of Jacob/Israel.
Thus, the twins Esau and Jacob symbolize Edom and Israel, the two nations that worshiped Yahweh.
The previous Pharez and Zira are the only other twins in the Hebrew Bible.
Pharez means "bursting forth". Pharez's arm protrudes from the womb, his wrist tied with red thread, presaging Esau's red thread of the scapegoat.
Zira (Zerah) means "Dawn", who is Eos. And, Pharez is a paronym of Phosphor, Paris, and, Pyrrus=Neoptolemus, who slays Priam, father of "Paris" in Homer.
I am still working on Jacob. newsk...@outlook.com
youtube.com/@magicjesus