Quantum Clocks.

Corey White

Jun 20, 2021, 2:10:00 AM6/20/21
There are two types of analog clocks. The first stops on every
second, and the other is always moving. What's interesting about
that is that our actual experience of time is a mixture of
both.

There is a thought experiment called
Schrödinger's cat. It's kind
of a good way to illustrate what I call the quantum
clock.

To explain let us decide on our frame of reference. We will use a
24 hours. For the experiment we will observe a cat for one day,
and then put it in a box with a poison dish of milk. We close the
box and leave the cat in it for another 24 hours, and then take
the cat out again on the third day.

We know with a great deal of certainty that our cat can't resist
the poison dish of milk. However, we have restricted ourselves to
observing thus experiment in quantifiable time units.

This means that while the cat was inside the box it was both alive
and dead. Literally.

This may not just be a thought experiment. After all, how much
"time" do we experience in a single moment even right now. Life
isn't a chess board to be easily planned out or recorded.

Einstein was a clock maker, but his greatest achievement was
creating the Photo Electric Effect. This invention took light and
converted it to electricity. It also could be used to build what
I call the quantum clock.

A solar panel would be connected to a digital multimeter. The
multimeter would then be monitored and recorded by a computer.
This design could be placed in many locations. We could then
observe the constant rotation of the earth and it's relationship
to the sun in a whole new way!