reaching out from the dim and distant past

Mark Kampe

Feb 27, 2021, 2:21:32 PM2/27/21
(still) dear Tyagi

Two days ago I attended a very good seminar, which caused me to reflect on how my perspectives have changed, which caused me to go back and re-read my favorite of our many conversations (on the lessons to be drawn from Siddhartha), which caused me to try to reach out to you.

Two years ago, I had cause to be in your neck of the woods, but had enough other things going on that I failed to reach out and arrange a meeting. I apologize for that. This is not the simplest of times, but I did want to reach out to you, and hopefully (when the world agrees) find an opportunity to meet with you, reconnect, reflect, and see what lessons the years may have brought us.

In that distant time, I was indeed on a warrior's path, which I (how could I not) projected onto Siddhartha's tale. Now (seeking a different path and viewing life from a different perspective) I hear your middle-path interpretation much more clearly, and find it much more compelling :-)

If this note finds you well and so inclined, I would love to make contact.

regards,
---mark--- (mark....@gmail.com)