A neo-Tantra Reference List (Part Two of Two Parts)

Richard Ballard

Nov 29, 2003, 2:43:36 PM11/29/03
Copyright 2003 by Richard J. Ballard -- All Rights Reserved.
Issued monthly. Each issue's new and significantly changed
paragraphs begin with a <*> marker.

Part One is contained in a concurrent copyrighted message titled
"A neo-Tantra Reference List (Part One of Two Parts)".

*****Beginning of Part Two*****

epidemiological superiority of closed relationships, the reader
responded that when sex is treated openly, society can ensure
that everyone is tested and will be able to isolate the carriers
of STDs. I find this statement _not_ practical -- ***tested
how (in)frequently?***

<*> In the pre-AIDS environment of the 1960's, sexual animals called
'swingers' existed -- purportedly 'wife-swapping clubs' were common
on the liberal United States West Coast. A popular piece of jewelry
at the time was a pin depicting the male symbol (circle with arrow
pointing outward at 1:30 position) with the circle broken. This pin
indicated that the wearer had had a vasectomy and that women
swingers need not worry about becoming pregnant during
wife-swapping activities.

<*> I know no corresponding 1960's jewelry for women. Although
I am not qualified to provide medical opinions, I assume that
men's vasectomies are less expensive and less traumatic operations
than women's tubal ligations.

<*> There was a black market in the 1960's vasectomy pins. The
black market served men who wanted to swing freely but who chose
*not* to get vasectomies.

<*> The United States Treasury fights a constant battle with forgers
who seek to use affordable color printing technology to
counterfeit dollar bills. In our 21st Century era of inexpensive
desktop publishing software and inexpensive color laser printers
that print on heavy paper stock, do you really believe that no body
will forge an 'all clear card'?

<*> I put my trust in humans, not machines and paper.

IMO friends make the best (neo-Tantra) partners.

<*> IMO friends make the best life partners.

2. "Sexual Energy Ecstasy: A Practical Guide To Lovemaking
Secrets of the East and West" by David and Ellen Ramsdale
A well-written, well-illustrated detailed guide to
(Western) Neo-Tantra.
ISBN 0-553-37231-9

3. "Sexual Secrets: The Alchemy of Ecstasy" by Nik Douglas
and Penny Slinger
A well-written, well-illustrated detailed discussion of
Hindu contributions to (Western) Neo-Tantra.
ISBN 0-89281-266-4

4. "Tantra: The Art of Conscious Loving" by Charles and Caroline Muir
A Caring Approach to Sexuality
ISBN 0-916515-86-9

"Tantra: The Art of Conscious Loving" by Charles and Caroline Muir
is a positive discussion of loving sexuality. "Tantra: ..." does
not concentrate upon (Western) neo-Tantra mechanics and is *not*
a 'how-to' manual. Rather, "Tantra: ..." concentrates upon a
couple's interpersonal and sexual relationship, encouraging both
partners 'to play by the same rules' using effective communication
and shared intimacy to protect and preserve their mutual investment
in each other. The Muirs acknowledge that their approach might not
save a spoiled relationship, but their approach might prevent a
fresh relationship from spoiling.

"Tantra: ..." summarizes neo-Tantra sexuality between equal caring
partners in a well-written, positive and optimistic manner, but
provides no accompanying diagrams. Male ejaculatory control is
discussed extensively -- in my opinion the discussed male
ejaculatory control methods are *not* reliable, potentially are
*very* painful, and *never* should be used as a contraception
technique. The Muirs do not discuss 'safe words' -- easily
remembered words or phrases signifying 'disengage immediately'.
And the Muirs neglect to discuss birth control and 'safe sex' --
serious omissions in *any* discussion of human sexuality.

I believe that "Tantra: The Art of Conscious Loving" is most
valuable for new partners in a fresh relationship without
entrenched bad habits and attitudes. I recommend "The Art of
Sexual Ecstasy: The Path of Sacred Sexuality for Western Lovers"
by Margo Anand as a follow-on text for readers wishing detailed
neo-Tantra information.

5. "Tantra: The Cult of the Feminine" by Andre Van Lysebeth
An academic discussion of the history and philosophy of
(Eastern) Tantra.
ISBN 0-87728-858-5

Mr. Lysebeth's text discusses different (Eastern) Tantra
disciplines including Kundalini. There is much discussion and
confusion about kundalini on the Internet -- a mystical experience
and/or a painful discipline. I choose not to comment further
concerning Kundalini, other than to say that I believe that any
person contemplating anal sex should investigate non-constipating
diets. I also believe that any person contemplating any form of
anal insertion should be very careful to avoid transferring
fecal matter or fecal microbes to other body areas to avoid
disease transmittal. (For example, some forms of hepatitus are
transmitted when restaurant workers neglect to thoroughly wash
their hands after using the restroom.)

6. 'alt.magick.tantra FAQ' by naga...@luckymojo.com (nagasiva)

The Frequently Asked Questions document (FAQ) for Internet
newsgroup alt.magick.tantra is issued periodically in that
newsgroup. This FAQ is just over sixty kilobytes long and
concentrates on newsgroup 'netiquette' and (Eastern) Tantra
rather than (Western) neo-Tantra.

naga...@luckymojo.com (tyaginator) [sometimes
luckymojo.com@nagasiva (tyaginator) -- this might be an attempt
at chaos magick] also maintains the Internet newsgroup
_alt.lucky.w_ FAQ and the recurring "File of Alt.Magick.Tyagi
Rules and Assorted Dogma - FAMTRAD" message on Internet newsgroup
_alt.magick.tyagi_. The multiple FAQs for Internet newsgroup
_alt.satanism_ typically are issued monthly and should be available
on Internet newsgroup _alt.magick.tyagi_, a low message volume
newsgroup. IMO the relationships among newsgroups
_alt.magick.tantra_, _alt.magick.tyagi_ and _alt.satanism_
are interesting to ponder.

A final comment: United States society in the 1950's can be
characterized as harmonious and prosperous. The years following
World War II (with the exception of the Korean War years) were
marked by 'family values' -- the United States economy was
sufficiently prosperous that one parent could support the family
financially while the other parent safeguarded the family's health
and welfare. Socially-accepted gender-based roles were synergistic.

United States economic prosperity lessened in the mid-1960's
(along with increased United States involvement in Vietnam).
United States' gender-based roles changed in the mid-1960's as
increasingly both parents were employed outside of the home in
order to maintain the family's (financial) standard of living.
During this children received bigger allowances but less parental
attention and supervision -- the children became less emotionally-
and psychologically-dependent upon their parents. Not coincidentally
feminism emerged as a popular political agenda in the mid-1960's
(equal rights for equally-employed parents). Feminism has grown
in popularity and power ever since. Gender-based politics are quite
prevalent in Twenty-First Century United States society -- an
unfortunate fact since gender-based politics (and any other politics,
for that matter) are both emotionally and financially expensive.
And competition for jobs in a downsizing United States domestic
economy will worsens gender-based politics both in the workplace
and at home.

Today's gender-based politics affect traditional sexual roles --
modern women have less patience (and sometimes resent) what they
perceive as male-dominant sexual practices. Social signaling
associated with sociosexual preferences and with sexually
transmitted diseases compounds the confusion -- the rules have
changed. Males respond to this confusion with their own confusion
and resentment. Yet (dominant) 'A' type personalities are 'A' types
while (submissive) 'B' type personalities are 'B' types; and
struggling to be somebody else is unpleasant and tiring. And
increasingly modern men have less patience (and sometimes resent)
what they perceive as female-dominant sexual practices. Some people
respond to this sociosexual chaos by changing their sexual
preferences or by shunning sex (and gender groups) completely, not
always a positive solution. Skeptics should consider the film
"Thelma and Louise" starring Geena Davis and Susan Sarandon, a film
that portrays the like-minded (i.e., male-antagonistic) friendship
of a submissive-minded woman and a dominant-minded woman.

I believe that neo-Tantra offers one solution to current societal
confusion concerning sexual roles. Neo-Tantra is egalitarian --
both partners participate and partners are dealing with individuals,
not with groups. Neo-Tantra is versatile -- rather than playing
top/bottom dominance/submission games, partners can work side-by-side.
Learning neo-Tantra requires mutual effort and practice -- time and
energy that each partner invests in the other partner knowing that
starting over with a new partner requires relearning technique and
'neurological programming'. Finally, neo-Tantra increases fitness
and sexual skill, and shared intimacy becomes increasingly rewarding
as partners' fitness, skill, and mutual neurological programming
increase. In turn partners' mutual affection and mutual respect
increases. ('Damn you're good!' -- the opposite of 'Those who the
Gods wish to destroy they first make bored.')

Some individuals view neo-Tantra (or *any* sexual-related
activity) negatively. Sexuality is an integral part of human
existence -- skeptics should consider the extensive role that
sexuality plays in advertising. In addition, I believe that
neo-Tantra offers the possibility of strengthening spousal
relationships and therefore strengthening family values -- a
potential positive contribution to families' quality of life.
Some people view openly discussing neo-Tantra on the Internet
(where minor children can ponder the discussion) negatively.
I believe that available computer software permits responsible
parents to supervise their childrens' Internet usage.

Today's United States domestic economy is burdened by
United States continued involvement in Iraq, in Afghanistan,
in the former Yugoslavian states of Bosnia and Serbia,
and in South Korea. (The armistice that 'ended' the
Korean War did not resolve the Korean War and its issues --
no country surrendered.) And to my knowledge the United States
has not implemented all of the economic agreements it made as
part of the Paris Peace Accords that ended the Vietnam War.
I mention these issues because of their potential effect on
international perception of the United States as a strong ally
and reliable economic trading partner, with resultant effect
upon the United States domestic economy.

IMO our current domestic economy is significantly weaker than
the United States domestic economy during the Vietnam War era
-- current adult un(der)employment is high and teen (summer)
employment prospects are dismal. Economic weakness undermines
family cohesiveness and solidarity as money squabbles and
bored alcoholism erode family togetherness. IMO neo-Tantra
can help maintain parental togetherness and intimacy without
making expensive pregnancy inevitable -- strong intimacy
assistance in a financially burdened family environment. And
neo-Tantra might help avoid expensive divorces that are the
indirect result of a poor United States domestic economy.

If the United States is a country based upon a tradition
of strong family values, then neo-Tantra might be one response
to former President John F. Kennedy's exhortation "Ask not
what your country can do for you; Ask what you can do for
your country."

*****End of copyrighted document*****

The comments contained herein are my opinions. This message
was not solicited by Amazon.com, any author, any artist, or their
agent(s), publisher(s), producer(s) or distributor(s).

<*> I do not know if the television series name "Happy Days" or
the character Fonzi ("The Fonz") are copyrighted or registered
trade marks of George Lucas, Ron Howard, Henry Winkler or their
associates. I thank them for their inspiration.

I am *not* legally qualified to provide medical, psychological,
legal, financial or religious opinions, but I have discussed some
issues with my Attorney and have read extensively in these areas.
I have strong opinions.

I got no problems.
Other people got problems.
00: 21 _8 02 03/35 06 09

Richard Ballard MSEE CNA4 KD0AZ
--
Consultant specializing in computer networks, imaging & security
Listed as rjballard in "Friends & Favorites" at www.amazon.com
Last book review: "Combatting Cult Mind Control"
by Steven Hassan

Richard Ballard

Dec 27, 2003, 1:58:44 PM12/27/03
Copyright 2003 by Richard J. Ballard -- All Rights Reserved.
Issued monthly. Each issue's new and significantly changed
paragraphs begin with a <*> marker.

Part One is contained in a concurrent copyrighted message titled
"A neo-Tantra Reference List (Part One of Two Parts)".

<*> Approximately twenty-one days before each of the eight annual
Pagan sabbats I issue copyrighted multipart messages titled
"Definitions For Prospective Wiccan Novices
(Part One/Two/Three/Four of Four Parts)" and
"A Reference List for Prospective Wiccan Novices
(Part One/Two of Two Parts)", respectively. These copyrighted
multipart messages appear on Internet newsgroups alt.magick,
alt.magick.tyagi, alt.pagan and alt.religion.wicca.
These copyrighted multipart messages also are archived
within "google.com" (no quotes).

[...]

<*> My Amazon.com webpage links to my topical "Listmania Lists"
-- lists of texts and media items, with entries containing one-line
comments and links to each individual text and media item.
"A neo-Tantra Reading List" is included within my Listmania Lists.

<*> To access my Amazon.com webpage:

A) Access "http://www.amazon.com" (no quotes);
B) Click on "Friends & Favorites";
C) Under the category "Search for Friends"
Enter "rjballard"
Click GO
D) Scroll to the "Listmania List" section.

<*> Today's gender-based politics affect traditional sexual roles --

modern women have less patience (and sometimes resent) what they
perceive as male-dominant sexual practices. Social signaling
associated with sociosexual preferences and with sexually
transmitted diseases compounds the confusion -- the rules have
changed. Males respond to this confusion with their own confusion
and resentment. Yet (dominant) 'A' type personalities are 'A' types

while (submissive) 'B' type personalities are 'B' types. Struggling
to be somebody else is unpleasant and tiring, and attempting to
convert a dominant personality into a submissive personality can
resemble beating a dead horse (particularly if the dominant
personality has a grounding in psychology). Increasingly modern men

have less patience (and sometimes resent) what they perceive as
female-dominant sexual practices. Some people respond to this
sociosexual chaos by changing their sexual preferences or by
shunning sex (and gender groups) completely, not always a positive
solution. Skeptics should consider the film "Thelma and Louise"
starring Geena Davis and Susan Sarandon, a film that portrays the
like-minded (i.e., male-antagonistic) friendship of a
submissive-minded woman and a dominant-minded woman.

<*> Recently the Massachuesetts Supreme Court ruled positively
on the concept of same-sex marriages. I do not feel qualified
to comment further, other than to observe that IMO same-sex
marriages reflect societal friction between the genders.

<*> IMO our current domestic economy is significantly weaker than
the United States domestic economy during the Vietnam War era.
Current adult un(der)employment is high, teen employment prospects
are dismal, the automobile dealers have featured significant
rebates throughout the past year, and the department and
durable goods stores (e.g., furniture and major appliances)
have featured sharply discounted prices in advertised sales that
occured _before_ the year-end holidays. Economic weakness

undermines family cohesiveness and solidarity as money squabbles
and bored alcoholism erode family togetherness. IMO neo-Tantra
can help maintain parental togetherness and intimacy without

making expensive pregnancy inevitable. And neo-Tantra might

Listed as rjballard in "Friends & Favorites" at www.amazon.com

Last book reviews: "Necronomicon" & "Necronomicon Spellbook"
by Ed Simon

Richard Ballard

Jan 25, 2004, 7:20:06 AM1/25/04
Copyright 2003, 2004 by Richard J. Ballard -- All Rights Reserved.

Issued monthly. Each issue's new and significantly changed
paragraphs begin with a <*> marker.

Part One is contained in a concurrent copyrighted message titled
"A neo-Tantra Reference List (Part One of Two Parts)".

Approximately twenty-one days before each of the eight annual

Pagan sabbats I issue copyrighted multipart messages titled
"Definitions For Prospective Wiccan Novices
(Part One/Two/Three/Four of Four Parts)" and
"A Reference List for Prospective Wiccan Novices
(Part One/Two of Two Parts)", respectively. These copyrighted
multipart messages appear on Internet newsgroups alt.magick,
alt.magick.tyagi, alt.pagan and alt.religion.wicca.
These copyrighted multipart messages also are archived
within "google.com" (no quotes).

*****Beginning of Part Two*****

<*> IMO men and women have different perspectives concerning infants.
Some women view motherhood as 'a second career' -- a new beginning
after leaving their first career in the workplace. Taken to
extremes and in the context of 21st Century jurisprudence,
motherhood can be viewed as a twenty-plus-year career with financial
tenure. And IMO broadcast television (both a trendsetter and a
social barometer) increasingly revolves around 'the joys of
(single) parenthood'. Dad increasingly is absent from the
(affluent and glamorous?) single female parent environment often
portrayed in 21st Century broadcast commercial messages.

<*> The decision to have children has *major economic consequences*,
and this decision will become increasingly popular with women if the
United States' domestic economy (and job market) downsizes further,
becoming leaner and meaner with automation increasingly eliminating
non-professional jobs. IMO (the cost of) quality education is an
issue in the 21st Century United States, and school-aged children
can bring flu and other diseases home from the classroom. IMO the
cost of basic essentials is an issue in the 21st Century
United States. (Consider the social protests over hunger portrayed
in the films "The Running Man" and "Demolition Man" -- fiction
often reflects reality.) The increasingly popular 21st Century
female social trend towards motherhood in turn might adversely
affect males' (friendly) attitudes towards their female partners
and their children. And if 'not disturbing the children' becomes
the basis for a 'childish' living environment, IMO the children are
tools of social control and an unstable environment results.

<*> I am not of the Roman Catholic faith and I view birth control
as a mature and effective technology. Realistically, birth control
must be based upon *mutual respect and mutual good faith* -- the
technology is fragile. IMO when used with mutual respect and mutual
good faith, birth control is *possible*.

<*> I matured during the late 1960's / early 1970's, an era where
'a woman's right to control her own body' was a highly visible
feminist issue. That issue has been resolved -- in the 21st Century
a woman has the legal right to control her own body. I am not
qualified to provide legal opinions, but apparently within states
that do not recognize Common Law Marriage as a legal institution,
an unmarried man who avoids the obstetrician, the pediatrician and
the maternity hospital; and who does not claim paternity elsewhere
has _no legal obligation_ to support a pregnant woman and her
offspring. Threatened withdrawl of financial support is a de facto
method of birth control. And IMO threats of pregnancy and threats
of poverty are _equally ugly_.

<*> The television news appears to be reporting a marked increase
in the number of females charging males with rape. I find this
apparent trend interesting. Lawyers' time is valuable and is
expensive. IMO coital abstinence is the only foolproof birth
(and financial) ***control*** method -- IMO sometimes this is a
*dominance* issue rather than a biological issue. And in cases
where (male) fear of pregnancy (or fear of female rape charges)
motivates concern, I believe the situation sometimes signals
_unresolved goals_ between partners.

One reader expressed misgivings about (neo-)Tantra being
used by married couples. This reader noted that troubles
within a married relationship might affect Tantrums' ritual
performance. The reader stated her belief that (neo-)Tantra
was communion with the Goddess and *all* of Her beloved
children, that impaired ritual performance was blasphemy,
and that limiting (neo-)Tantra to mated (married) couples
(with the life problems that married couples invariably have)
was blasphemy.

Blasphemy is a religious issue and Comparative Religion
is a delicate subject. Culture is a delicate subject. I know
religions and cultures where the dominant (not necessarily male)
coupled partner de facto _owns_ the coupled submissive partner,
and a coupling can not be dissolved without payout. Claiming
that such a coupling exists is _extremely easy_ (and claiming that
such a coupling exists might be monetarily advantageous in awkward
social situations). I imagine that people avoid the
_mistaken appearance_ of coupling in such cultures -- the mistaken
appearance of coupling can have expensive consequences. IMO open
relationships are not practical or workable in these cultures.

<*> The referenced reader's perspective is that (neo-)Tantra
is a ritual where Tantrums serve the Goddess, and implies that
an open (neo-)Tantra relationship is required. ***I do not
consider neo-Tantra a religion.*** My perspective is that
neo-Tantra promotes a loving relationship with the
added benefits of increased closeness from sharing an
intimate experience, healthful exercise, and increased body
flexibility -- benefits that *strengthen* existing closed
relationships. And speaking epidemiologically, I do not
share my toothbrush with others.

Comparative Religion arguments seldom are resolved. My reaction
to this reader's claim of blasphemy is that my perspective and
my use of neo-Tantra does *not* limit her perspective and her use
of neo-Tantra. I have _not_ encountered the jihad concept within
my readings of neo-Tantra literature.

The reader responded that Tantra is a religious ritual designed
to produce a religious experience. That is her perspective, but
I have differentiated between (Eastern) Tantra and (Western)
neo-Tantra, and I have *clearly stated* that I am discussing
(Western) neo-Tantra. IMO (Western) neo-Tantra [which in my
perspective lacks the painful disciplines found within (Eastern)
Tantra] has greater relevance to Westerners.

In addition to being a religion, I understand that some
(Eastern) Tantra exercises are used within serious BDSM (bondage
/ dominance / sadism / masochism ) circles. I also understand
that (IMO ironically) 'The Golden Rule' also is used within
serious BDSM circles: "Do unto others as you would have others
do unto you." This is another way of saying "If you can't stand
the heat, stay out of the kitchen (and perhaps the parking lot)."

[...]

Richard Ballard

Jan 25, 2004, 8:46:12 AM1/25/04
Copyright 2003, 2004 by Richard J. Ballard -- All Rights Reserved.
Each issue's new and significantly changed paragraphs begin
with a <*> marker.

In article <20040125072000...@mb-m16.aol.com>,
rball...@aol.com (Richard Ballard) writes:

<*> When an individual reports another's underpayment of income
taxes and an audit results in additional income taxes collected,
the individual originally making the report apparently receives
ten percent of the additional taxes collected. Relationships that
end badly often are followed by income tax audits.

><*> The television news appears to be reporting a marked increase
>in the number of females charging males with rape. I find this
>apparent trend interesting. Lawyers' time is valuable and is
>expensive. IMO coital abstinence is the only foolproof birth
>(and financial) ***control*** method -- IMO sometimes this is a
>*dominance* issue rather than a biological issue. And in cases
>where (male) fear of pregnancy (or fear of female rape charges)
>motivates concern, I believe the situation sometimes signals
>_unresolved goals_ between partners.

<snip>

>Today's gender-based politics affect traditional sexual roles --
>modern women have less patience (and sometimes resent) what they
>perceive as male-dominant sexual practices. Social signaling
>associated with sociosexual preferences and with sexually
>transmitted diseases compounds the confusion -- the rules have
>changed. Males respond to this confusion with their own confusion
>and resentment. Yet (dominant) 'A' type personalities are 'A' types
>while (submissive) 'B' type personalities are 'B' types. Struggling
>to be somebody else is unpleasant and tiring, and attempting to
>convert a dominant personality into a submissive personality can
>resemble beating a dead horse (particularly if the dominant
>personality has a grounding in psychology). Increasingly modern men
>have less patience (and sometimes resent) what they perceive as
>female-dominant sexual practices. Some people respond to this
>sociosexual chaos by changing their sexual preferences or by
>shunning sex (and gender groups) completely, not always a positive
>solution. Skeptics should consider the film "Thelma and Louise"
>starring Geena Davis and Susan Sarandon, a film that portrays the
>like-minded (i.e., male-antagonistic) friendship of a
>submissive-minded woman and a dominant-minded woman.

<snip>

Richard Ballard

Jan 25, 2004, 10:58:05 AM1/25/04
Copyright 2003, 2004 by Richard J. Ballard -- All Rights Reserved.
Each issue's new and significantly changed paragraphs begin
with a <*> marker.

In article <20040125084610...@mb-m28.aol.com>,
rball...@aol.com (Richard Ballard) writes:

<*> People might question the concept 'threats of pregnancy'.
IMO men can view pregnancy as threatening their lifestyles,
their domestic tranquility, and control of their own finances --
children have unique expenses. An additional financial control
issue exists in the upper socioeconomic classes: "The infant did
not sign the prenuptual agreement."

<*> These comments reflect my aversion to children within my own
personal lifestyle. But my comments reflect more: IMO gender-based
economic warfare exists within 21st Century United States society.
IMO men and women have different goals, and women use children and
the laws protecting children to (sometimes unfairly) achieve their
goals. IMO this is unfortunate behaviour -- we are stronger when
we pull together than when we pull apart. And my comments
underline the importance of _personal integrity_ in a person's
chosen partner(s).

Richard Ballard

Feb 21, 2004, 2:11:35 PM2/21/04
[...]

IMO men and women have different goals, and women (sometimes
unfairly) use children and the laws protecting children to achieve

their goals. IMO this is unfortunate behaviour -- we are stronger
when we pull together than when we pull apart. And my comments
underline the importance of _personal integrity_ in a person's
chosen partner(s).

<*> When an individual reports another's underpayment of income
taxes and an audit results in additional income taxes collected,
the individual originally making the report apparently receives
ten percent of the additional taxes collected. Relationships that
end badly often are followed by income tax audits.

I choose _not_ to discuss the subject of older women and
'in vitro fertilization'.

I choose _not_ to discuss the subject of fertile women with
anonymous boyfriends. (On the television series "Happy Days",
Fonzi was an attractive character but to my knowledge Fonzi
never had a girlfriend.)

[...]

economy worsens gender-based politics both in the workplace
and at home at the very time that impoverished family units
have fewer economic options. An impoverished family unit might
never again become airborne after a crash landing.

[...]

[Don't automatically psychologically classify people into
dominant and submissive categories. 'Good cop, bad cop'
(submissive?/dominant?) is one of the oldest tricks in the
interrogation book, and the roles can change daily.]

<*> Repeatedly the Massachusetts Supreme Court has ruled positively
on the legality of same-sex marriages, and same-sex marriage
licenses are being issued in the city of San Francisco, CA.
I do _not_ feel qualified to comment on sexuality between same sex
partners. But I believe I observe increasing _distrust_ (and
contradictory goals?) between the genders in 21st Century society.

[...]

United States military involvement in many countries, but primarily
by our continued involvement in Iraq (which has heavily involved
the Armed Forces Reserve and the National Guards _overseas_ for
the first time since the Korean War). The money spent supporting
overseas military campaigns is not building the United States,
and (the families of) soldiers serving overseas face both an
emotional and a financial burden. At the same time, the Government
benefits that offset soldiers' (families') financial burdens have
been _reduced significantly_ since the Vietnam War. I mention these
emotional and financial issues because the issues degrade family
relationships, and the degradation continues the longer the issues
continue unremedied. [An Armed Forces Reserve or National Guard
member returning home from a overseas tour of duty (an environment
that _forces_ the soldier to DOMINATE continuously) and finding
near-bankruptcy (including topped-out credit cards and exhausted
home equity) faces a tough family fight at the very time that
refamiliarization is needed.] I am not a (military) historian,
but IMO the United States might have a wave of (military) divorces
in its future.

<*> IMO our current domestic economy is significantly weaker than

the United States domestic economy during the Vietnam War era.
Current adult un(der)employment is high, teen employment prospects

are dismal, the automobile dealers have long featured low interest
rates plus significant cash rebates, and the department and

durable goods stores (e.g., furniture and major appliances)

have long featured sharply discounted prices. Economic weakness

undermines family cohesiveness and solidarity as money squabbles
and bored alcoholism erode family togetherness. IMO neo-Tantra
can help maintain parental togetherness and intimacy without making
expensive pregnancy inevitable. And neo-Tantra might help avoid

expensive divorces and/or family desertions (catalyzed by unwanted
pregnancies) that are the indirect result of a weak United States
domestic economy.

*****End of copyrighted document*****

Last book review: "Guerrilla Television" by Michael Shamberg

Catherine Yronwode

Feb 22, 2004, 6:23:45 AM2/22/04
Va negvpyr <20031227135844...@zo-z18.nby.pbz>, eonyy...@nby.pbz (Evpuneq Onyyneq) jebgr:
> [...]
>arb-Gnagen bssref gur cbffvovyvgl bs fgeratguravat fcbhfny
>eryngvbafuvcf naq gurersber fgeratguravat snzvyl inyhrf -- n
>cbgragvny cbfvgvir pbagevohgvba gb snzvyvrf' dhnyvgl bs yvsr.
>Fbzr crbcyr ivrj bcrayl qvfphffvat arb-Gnagen ba gur Vagrearg
>(jurer zvabe puvyqera pna cbaqre gur qvfphffvba) artngviryl.
>V oryvrir gung ninvynoyr pbzchgre fbsgjner crezvgf erfcbafvoyr
>cneragf gb fhcreivfr gurve puvyqeraf' Vagrearg hfntr.
>
>Gbqnl'f Havgrq Fgngrf qbzrfgvp rpbabzl vf oheqrarq ol
>Havgrq Fgngrf pbagvahrq vaibyirzrag va Vend, va Nstunavfgna,
>va gur sbezre Lhtbfynivna fgngrf bs Obfavn naq Freovn,
>naq va Fbhgu Xbern. (Gur nezvfgvpr gung 'raqrq' gur
>Xberna Jne qvq abg erfbyir gur Xberna Jne naq vgf vffhrf --
>ab pbhagel fheeraqrerq.) Naq gb zl xabjyrqtr gur Havgrq Fgngrf
>unf abg vzcyrzragrq nyy bs gur rpbabzvp nterrzragf vg znqr nf
>cneg bs gur Cnevf Crnpr Nppbeqf gung raqrq gur Ivrganz Jne.
>V zragvba gurfr vffhrf orpnhfr bs gurve cbgragvny rssrpg ba
>vagreangvbany creprcgvba bs gur Havgrq Fgngrf nf n fgebat nyyl
>naq eryvnoyr rpbabzvp genqvat cnegare, jvgu erfhygnag rssrpg
>hcba gur Havgrq Fgngrf qbzrfgvp rpbabzl.
>
><*> VZB bhe pheerag qbzrfgvp rpbabzl vf fvtavsvpnagyl jrnxre guna
>gur Havgrq Fgngrf qbzrfgvp rpbabzl qhevat gur Ivrganz Jne ren.
>Pheerag nqhyg ha(qre)rzcyblzrag vf uvtu, grra rzcyblzrag cebfcrpgf
>ner qvfzny, gur nhgbzbovyr qrnyref unir srngherq fvtavsvpnag
>erongrf guebhtubhg gur cnfg lrne, naq gur qrcnegzrag naq
>qhenoyr tbbqf fgberf (r.t., sheavgher naq znwbe nccyvnaprf)
>unir srngherq funecyl qvfpbhagrq cevprf va nqiregvfrq fnyrf gung
>bppherq _orsber_ gur lrne-raq ubyvqnlf. Rpbabzvp jrnxarff
>haqrezvarf snzvyl pburfvirarff naq fbyvqnevgl nf zbarl fdhnooyrf
>naq oberq nypbubyvfz rebqr snzvyl gbtrgurearff. VZB arb-Gnagen
>pna uryc znvagnva cneragny gbtrgurearff naq vagvznpl jvgubhg
>znxvat rkcrafvir certanapl varivgnoyr. Naq arb-Gnagen zvtug
>uryc nibvq rkcrafvir qvibeprf gung ner gur vaqverpg erfhyg bs
>n cbbe Havgrq Fgngrf qbzrfgvp rpbabzl.
>
>Vs gur Havgrq Fgngrf vf n pbhagel onfrq hcba n genqvgvba
>bs fgebat snzvyl inyhrf, gura arb-Gnagen zvtug or bar erfcbafr
>gb sbezre Cerfvqrag Wbua S. Xraarql'f rkubegngvba "Nfx abg
>jung lbhe pbhagel pna qb sbe lbh; Nfx jung lbh pna qb sbe
>lbhe pbhagel."
>
> *****Raq bs pbclevtugrq qbphzrag*****
>
>Gur pbzzragf pbagnvarq urerva ner zl bcvavbaf. Guvf zrffntr
>jnf abg fbyvpvgrq ol Nznmba.pbz, nal nhgube, nal negvfg, be gurve
>ntrag(f), choyvfure(f), cebqhpre(f) be qvfgevohgbe(f).
>
>V qb abg xabj vs gur gryrivfvba frevrf anzr "Unccl Qnlf" be
>gur punenpgre Sbamv ("Gur Sbam") ner pbclevtugrq be ertvfgrerq
>genqr znexf bs Trbetr Yhpnf, Eba Ubjneq, Urael Jvaxyre be gurve
>nffbpvngrf. V gunax gurz sbe gurve vafcvengvba.
>
>V nz *abg* yrtnyyl dhnyvsvrq gb cebivqr zrqvpny, cflpubybtvpny,
>yrtny, svanapvny be eryvtvbhf bcvavbaf, ohg V unir qvfphffrq fbzr
>vffhrf jvgu zl Nggbearl naq unir ernq rkgrafviryl va gurfr nernf.

Richard Ballard

Feb 22, 2004, 7:11:52 AM2/22/04
In article <5j0_b.71085$Wa.3...@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
c...@luckymojo.com (Catherine Yronwode) writes:

>Va negvpyr <20031227135844...@zo-z18.nby.pbz>,
>eonyy...@nby.pbz (Evpuneq Onyyneq) jebgr:
>
>>Pbclevtug 2003 ol Evpuneq W. Onyyneq -- Nyy Evtugf Erfreirq.
>>Vffhrq zbaguyl. Rnpu vffhr'f arj naq fvtavsvpnagyl punatrq
>>cnentencuf ortva jvgu n <*> znexre.

Hmmm, this is not even the current version. (The current version
is Copyright 2003-2004.)

I got no problems.
Other people got problems.

00: 21 _8 02 03/35 06 09

Richard Ballard MSEE CNA4 KD0AZ

catherine yronwode

Feb 28, 2004, 4:30:48 PM2/28/04
To Whom It May Concern at ab...@telstra.net:
To Whom It May Concern at ab...@bigpond.net.au

Please see my previous complaints about forged posts originating
from Dieter Dambiec, an Australian who uses bigpond.net.au and
telstra.net to forge my name. This is a clear case of identity
theft, undertaken by Dieter Dambiec of Canberra Australia, a
member of the Ananda Marga religious cult that was once led by
the jailed criminal P. R. Sarkar. Dieter Dambiec has forged my
identity in the past as well. Complaints about his latest exploit
have been sent to the isps in question and posted to usenet in
reply to his forged posts.

This is the latest forgery. I will continue to send them in
numbered form.

For the record:

I am the target of the forgery, which seems to be a simple
alphabetic transposition or rotation code of a usenet post made
to the newsgroup alt.magick.tantra.

These key points help to indicate the post as a forgery:

1) I use Netscape 4.7 as my newsreader, not News Xpress 2.01.

2) I use sonic.net in Northern California as my isp,
not bigpond.net.au in Australia.

3) I do not capitalize my name in the from line.
(note the forger's (Catherine Yronwode)
vs my own (catherine yronwode) )

4) I list my organization as Lucky Mojo Curio Co. not as the URL
http://www.luckymojo.com/

5) I do not use the trailing slash when writing index URLs
(note the forger's http://www.luckymojo.com/
vs my own http://www.luckymojo.com )

For evidence, compare my header with the one copied below.

cat yronwode
contact me at my husband's email address -- naga...@yronwode.com

====================================

FORGED HEADER AND POST:

Newsgroups: alt.magick.tantra
From: c...@luckymojo.com (Catherine Yronwode)
Subject: Re: A neo-Tantra Reference List (Part Two
of Two Parts)
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:23:45 GMT

Richard Ballard

Mar 20, 2004, 6:53:20 PM3/20/04
Copyright 2003-2004 by Richard J. Ballard -- All Rights Reserved.
Issued monthly. Each issue's new and significantly changed
paragraphs begin with a <*> marker (none this time).

*****Beginning of Part Two*****

[...]

"All Rights Reserved"?
If I 'right' must I reserve?

Richard Ballard

May 25, 2004, 10:00:07 AM5/25/04
Copyright 2003-2004 by Richard J. Ballard -- All Rights Reserved.
Issued monthly. Each issue's new and significantly changed
paragraphs begin with a <*> marker.

Part One is contained in a concurrent copyrighted message titled
"A neo-Tantra Reference List (Part One of Two Parts)".

Approximately twenty-one days before each of the eight annual
Pagan sabbats I issue copyrighted multipart messages titled
"Definitions For Prospective Wiccan Novices

(Part One/Two/Three/Four/Five of Five Parts)" and

"A Reference List for Prospective Wiccan Novices

(Part One/Two/Three of Three Parts)", respectively. These

copyrighted multipart messages appear on Internet newsgroups
alt.magick, alt.magick.tyagi, alt.pagan and alt.religion.wicca.
These copyrighted multipart messages also are archived
within "google.com" (no quotes).

*****Beginning of Part Two*****

I recommend that individuals wishing to learn about neo-Tantra
consider the following texts:

1. "The Art of Sexual Ecstasy: The Path of Sacred Sexuality

for Western Lovers" by Margo Anand

A well-written, well-illustrated introduction to (Western) neo-Tantra.
ISBN 0-87477-581-7

When I first read Margo Anand's non-trivial text, I read it
from cover to cover, thought about the text for six months,
then re-read the text from cover to cover. I required two
readings to understand Margot Anand's text. Ms. Anand's text
contains some shared neo-Tantra exercises that healthy partners
can attempt with little or no contemplation or preparation.
Ms. Anand's text also contains some exercises that partners
might choose never to attempt.

Ms. Anand is a therapist, and one section of Ms. Anand's text
deals with neo-Tantra-related, non-sexual 'play' [e.g., dances
similar to traditional Hindu dancing, aroma therapy, non-sexual
tactile sensation (feathers), etc.]. For a long time I dismissed
this section as 'fluff' -- then I reconsidered. First I learned
that traditional Hindu dances are an art form. Indian Maharajahs
maintained private dance troupes at great personal cost, and
traditional Hindu dances (analogous to ballet) contain very precise
and stylized movements. There are ***over fifty expressive eye
movements*** within traditional Hindu dancing, and spectators
must sit *very close* to view and appreciate the subtle eye
movements. I drew conclusions concerning traditional Hindu
dancing and its presentation from these facts -- properly
presented, traditional Hindu dancing is *extremely* sensual.
I also have come to realize that partners who have drifted out
of physical touch might have (purposefully?) lost their awareness
of others' sensitivity to smells and to rough touching.

I am a single man, but I observe others' family lifes. Couples
with children invest *tremendous time, energy and resources* in
their children -- the children become the focus of the parents'
lives. Then the children mature, go away to college and/or
get jobs in other cities, and their exit creates a void in their
parents' lives and spousal relationship. The children are gone
and the parents often have little else in common. (I am assuming
that "Not now -- you'll wake the children." previously was not an
ingrained parental ritual.) The non-sexual 'play' that Ms. Anand
discusses is a lighthearted path for unfocussed parents to rediscover
each other, a path that can lead to later relationships with
increased intimacy. I believe Ms. Anand's non-sexual 'play'
recommendations might help fill a true void that exists for
Twenty-First Century parents.

And I believe that Ms. Anand's 'play' recommendations might
help fill other Twenty-First Century voids. Modern medicine is
wonderful, and people have the potential to live long, healthy lives.
In the mid-Twentieth Century, Professor Alfred Kinsey (Indiana
University), and Dr. William Masters and Ms. Virginia Johnson
[Washngton University (St. Louis) School of Medicine] did pioneering
research documenting human sexuality. Their work indicated that
human beings can enjoy intimacy throughout their lifetimes, and that
(health permitting) human beings can enjoy sexuality throughout their
lifetimes. IMO enjoying intimacy (and sexuality) throughout one's
lifetime is a characteristic of adult humans.

But sexual _ability_ can become an issue -- for example, male
(im)potency can become an issue. Apparently male (im)potency
_is_ an issue -- television advertisements for Viagra(TM) and similar
male potency-enhancing pharmacuticals are prominent, I have heard
popular music (non-advertisement) songs lauding Viagra(TM), and
Internet e-mail is flooded with unsolicited messages offering
Viagra(TM) and similar pharmaceuticals at discount prices. Loss of
muscular strength due to illness or aging can raise other sexual
ability issues -- issues that can destroy intimacy, and that have
the potential to destroy marriages and partnerships.

Ms. Anand's 'play' recommendations include activities that might
help couples recover their lost sexuality and intimacy, IMO a real
contribution to couples' quality of life.

Ms. Anand's text includes an Appendix discussing Safe Sex.
This well-written discussion suggests different techniques for
new partners and for long-term partners, a sensitive and sensible
approach. The Appendix does not discuss diseases like "human
herpes virus 8" (HHV-8) and "Severe Acute Respiratory
Syndrome (SARS)."

<*> And 'safe sex' does NOT equate to fertility control. Viagra(TM)
and similar male potency-enhancing pharmaceuticals raise another
issue -- safe sex in older people who are not(?) fertile.
(I choose not to discuss fertility drugs and in vitro fertilization.)
The social impact of Viagra(TM) and similar pharmaceuticals has been a
resurgence in (promiscuous?) sexual activity in older people. With
Viagra(TM) and similar pharmaceuticals, older men apparently are able
(and are quite willing) to perform.

<*> Yet older men often consider condoms an unnecessary hinderance.
Apparently many seniors are ignoring safe sex practices and are
shunning condom use. According to a November 2003 T V news report,
twelve percent of the newly reported HIV/AIDS cases are in people
over fifty years of age.

<*> The Frequently Asked Questions document (FAQ) for Internet

newsgroup alt.magick.tantra is issued periodically in that
newsgroup. This FAQ is just over sixty kilobytes long and
concentrates on newsgroup 'netiquette' and (Eastern) Tantra
rather than (Western) neo-Tantra. naga...@luckymojo.com (tyaginator)

[sometimes luckymojo.com@nagasiva (tyaginator)] maintains the
AMT FAQ.

<*> Closing comments: IMO men and women have different perspectives

concerning infants. Some women view motherhood as 'a second career'
-- a new beginning after leaving their first career in the workplace.
Taken to extremes and in the context of 21st Century jurisprudence,
motherhood can be viewed as a twenty-plus-year career with financial

tenure. And IMO broadcast T V (both a trendsetter and a

social barometer) increasingly revolves around 'the joys of
(single) parenthood'. Dad increasingly is absent from the
(affluent and glamorous?) single female parent environment often
portrayed in 21st Century broadcast commercial messages.

<*> The decision to have children has *major economic consequences*,
and this decision is increasingly popular with women as the
United States' domestic economy (and job market) downsizes further.
The cost of quality education, and the potential to bring flu and
other diseases home from the classroom are issues that complicate
childraising. And if 'not disturbing the children' becomes the
status quo, IMO the children are tools of social control and
an unloving environment results. Neo-Tantra can provide a healthful
and economical substitute common interest for partners with or
without children, a substitute common interest that need not lead
to expensive and lifechanging pregnancy.

<*> The United States is changing rapidly in the Twenty-First Century.
Basic costs (food, housing and energy) are rising rapidly, domestic
economic downsizing is causing significant un(der)employment, and
United States military involvement overseas is disrupting the lives
of Armed Forces, Armed Forces Reserve, National Guard and civilian
contractor families. Spousal roles change within disrupted families
and change can bring conflict. Neo-Tantra can help unite and
maintain spousal relationships without necessarily resulting in the
permanent economic and lifestyle changes that pregnancy brings.

IMO friends make the best (neo-Tantra) partners.

IMO friends make the best life partners.

*****End of copyrighted document*****

eMan

Jun 12, 2004, 6:14:30 PM6/12/04
IMO = ???

International Meteor Organization
International Mathematical Olympiad
Irish Medical Organisation
Institut za Međunarodne Odnose

Richard Ballard

Jun 12, 2004, 7:52:19 PM6/12/04
In article <40CB8045...@netscape.net>,
eMan <eot...@netscape.net> writes:

'In My Opinion' (IMO) is a commonly used Internet abbreviation.
IMO is _not_ Tantra-specific terminology.

Richard Ballard

Jun 25, 2004, 12:25:41 AM6/25/04

*****Beginning of Part Two*****

Ms. Anand's text also contains some kundalini exercises that

(single) parenthood'. Ol' Dad increasingly is absent from the

shedpur

Jul 15, 2004, 12:25:02 PM7/15/04
good luck
"Richard Ballard" <rball...@aol.com> wrote in message

Richard Ballard

Jul 15, 2004, 2:41:01 PM7/15/04
In article <40f6a...@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com>,
"shedpur" <biz4...@hotmail.com> writes:

>good luck

Thank you. Paraphrasing from one of my favorite Steven Segal
films, "Luck favors the prepared." I spent the early morning
hours preparing the latest versions of my "Definitions For

Prospective Wiccan Novices (Part One/Two/Three/Four/Five

of Five Parts)" and "A Reference List For Prospective Wiccan
Novices (Part One/Two/Three of Three Parts)" messages.
(8 messages on newsgroups AM, AMTY, AP and ARW). If that
preparation plus jogging later today does not please the
gods of karma, I'm walking the wrong path.

"All Rights Reserved"?
If I 'right' must I reserve?

I got no problems.
Other people got problems.

00: 18+ _8 02 03/35 06 09

Richard Ballard

Jul 24, 2004, 11:27:35 AM7/24/04

within "www.google.com" (no quotes).

[...]

of physical touch might have (deliberately?) lost their awareness
of others' sensitivity to smells, to rough touching and to
prolonged eye contact.

And 'safe sex' does NOT equate to fertility control.

Viagra(TM) and similar male potency-enhancing pharmaceuticals
raise another issue -- safe sex in older people who are not(?)
fertile. (I choose not to discuss fertility drugs and in vitro
fertilization.) The social impact of Viagra(TM) and similar
pharmaceuticals has been a resurgence in (promiscuous?) sexual
activity in older people. With Viagra(TM) and similar
pharmaceuticals, older men apparently are able (and are quite
willing) to perform.

Yet older men often consider condoms an unnecessary hinderance.

Apparently many seniors are ignoring safe sex practices and are
shunning condom use. According to a November 2003 T V news report,
twelve percent of the newly reported HIV/AIDS cases are in people
over fifty years of age.

<*> Viagra(TM) and similar pharmaceuticals open older men
to hot emotions with potentially cold unwilling partners.
IMO cooperative friendly partners are superior to
pharmaceutical remedies.

<*> Mr. Lysebeth's text discusses different (Eastern) Tantra
disciplines including kundalini (anal intercourse). There is

much discussion and confusion about kundalini on the Internet

-- a mystical experience and/or a painful discipline. I stated
my rationale for rejecting kundalini personally in Part One of
this message.

[...]

with financial tenure. And IMO broadcast T V (both a trendsetter
[...]

Richard Ballard

Aug 25, 2004, 8:01:35 AM8/25/04

*****Beginning of Part Two*****

Ms. Anand is a therapist, and one section of Ms. Anand's text

Viagra(TM) and similar pharmaceuticals open older men

Mr. Lysebeth's text discusses different (Eastern) Tantra

*****End of copyrighted document*****

I gut no problems.
Other people gut problems.