Re: alt.magick is doomed

Absorbed

Nov 4, 2007, 12:39:48 PM11/4/07
On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 03:06:05 -0800, catherine yronwode wrote:
> [...]
> got the people's roles wrong. His memory is faulty, so it would be like
> if i had, for instance, told a deeply personal story about the death of
> a policeman named, oh, for example, Bob Williams, and ever afer tis jerk
> would try to hurt me by mentioning the death of my fireman friend Bob
> Brown. He's trying to hurt, that's obvious, but he's too dumb to
> remember what the story was.
>
> And, you know, i think that tonight, considering him, i am going to
> speak my mind. I have read Tom Schuler's posts to usenet for about 13
> years now and i have finally reached the conclusion that he is not
> trying to keep people on their toes, or make them think, or be
> sarcastic, or hurt them, or really do much of anything. I think he's
> just a mentally ill guy who has come to the end of his string.
>
> I recall when intellectuals like Joe Cosby used to discourse with Tom,
> and when Tom was even able to work with "hunourous, witty, funny,
> sarcastic" allies in the realm of put-downs and insults. I remember when
> Tom struggled with and drove off some of the more egregiously menally
> ill folks in alt.magick, too, like Bruce the underground communard and
> Jason the schizophrenic and Richard the delusional. But those days are
> long gone. Wit so many of the old regulars gone, what we see now is just
> Tom's sick mind, spinning in its own cesspool.
>
> Drugs Drink? Who knows, they may play into his illness, but actually,
> he's farther out than those simple toxins can explain. He's a grown man,
> with his own child, and, for at least 13 years now, he has vomited forth
> non-stop verbal abuse of strangers, often of a sexual nature -- and
> finally he is reduced to telling us that he thinks child sex abuse is
> funny. That's the end of the line, folks. That's the point when there's
> not only no social veneer left, but no understanding of what society is.
>
> I feel sorry for his child. I heard through the grapevine, a number of
> years ago, that the boy was autistic. I don't know if that's true or
> not, but if it is, that's certainly no easy row for a parent to hoe. Of
> course, on the other hand,
> if the child is so disabled that he can't read usenet,
> he'll never know how sick his dad is, which is a mercy. I mean, it would
> be fairly grim for the boy to read posts in which his dad is laughing
> inapropriately about child sex abuse, don't you think?
>
> Well, that's all i have to say for now. It's taken me a long time to
> form this opinion. Tom's dance of offence looked fairly intentional for
> at least a decade, and even though he obviously had reading
> comprehension problems, his vocabulary and grammar skills helped cover
> up for his lapses in logic, and it seemed unthinkable to me that he
> might be so much *less* than he claimed to be. But coming back on a
> visit and reading that post -- that was pretty stark. His mind is a
> creepy, screwed-up mess, and he's not going to get any better, only

The amount that you and your husband incessantly moan about Tom is
incredible. Am I right in saying you met on alt.magick? I wouldn't be
surprised if your mutual hatred for Tom was what attracted you to each
other in the first place.

I find your constant whinging pitiful and sad. But I guess if that's what
your marriage is built upon, then it's a nice stabilising thing to do in
your spare time.

Joseph Littleshoes

Nov 4, 2007, 2:03:59 PM11/4/07
Absorbed wrote:

> The amount that you and your husband incessantly moan about Tom

Convenient for your argument to overlook "Tom's" moaning and whining and
use of null content verbiage about any and everything any one posts
besides "Tom" whose only contribution to this and other news groups is a
constant reiteration of everybody else's faults.

The only purpose of which is to encourage adolescents and others such as
yourself to emulate "Tom" and his adolescent name calling and
misanthropy. Misery loves company and no doubt "Tom" will agree with
your assessments, however it should be pointed out to you that "Tom" is
such a misanthrope that his hatred of all humanity will eventually
express itself towards you also, you also will be seen to be flawed and
then compared to a body part or process for daring to agree with the
"Tom" .... such is its much vaunted intelligence it is at constant pains
to remind the rest of the unbelieving world of.

Have a nice day.
--
JL
.

alt.magick.moderated is a MODERATED newsgroup.
Consult http://www.alt-magick-moderated.org/ where you
for the newsgroup before your first post. Contact the
Moderation Team at moder...@alt-magick-moderated.org

Absorbed

Nov 4, 2007, 2:38:47 PM11/4/07
On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 13:03:59 -0600, Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

> Absorbed wrote:
>
>> The amount that you and your husband incessantly moan about Tom
>
> Convenient for your argument to overlook "Tom's" moaning and whining and
> use of null content verbiage about any and everything any one posts
> besides "Tom" whose only contribution to this and other news groups is a
> constant reiteration of everybody else's faults.

Second attempt...

I wasn't talking about whether Tom moans or not, but the fact that you
do. Even now, your rampant imagination has turned a post about your
moaning into a way for me to overlook Tom's deficiencies.

All you ever do is moan about Tom. Truly, you're obsessed.