Spells and Working

nagasiva

Jan 17, 2008, 3:05:46 AM1/17/08
phy <phy...@yahoo.com>:
> ...I got news for you. Spells don't work.

they sometimes accompany successful outcomes.

are you saying that you can evaluate them in
their effectiveness at assisting the probability
of an event's occurence? how do you do that?

> They are not real.
> They are make believe.

spells themselves are real,
as you have already admitted.

nagasiva

alt.magick.moderated is a MODERATED newsgroup.
Consult http://www.alt-magick-moderated.org/ where you
may locate the newest Posting Guidelines and Charter
for the newsgroup before your first post. Contact the
Moderation Team at moder...@alt-magick-moderated.org

Tom

Jan 17, 2008, 2:21:16 PM1/17/08

"nagasiva" <yronwode.com@nagasiva> wrote in message

> phy <phy...@yahoo.com>:
>> ...I got news for you. Spells don't work.
>
> they sometimes accompany successful outcomes.

Almost all children whose mothers have broken their backs had previously
stepped on cracks. It would be difficult to demonstrate a causal
relationship between crack-stepping and back-breaking, though, since a lot
of the mothers of children who stepped on cracks did not later break their
backs.

While correlation is a good indicator of causality in some cases, it's not
in others. If your sample is skewed, the correlations you see may not be
valid indicators of causality.

nagasiva

Jan 17, 2008, 2:55:27 PM1/17/08
"Tom" <dantoPAYAT...@comcast.net>:

>"nagasiva" <yronwode.com@nagasiva> wrote in message
>> phy <phy...@yahoo.com>:

>>> .... Spells don't work.

>> they sometimes accompany successful outcomes.

> Almost all children whose mothers have broken their
> backs had previously stepped on cracks.

it would be more significant if the intention was
to break their mother's back when they so stepped.

> It would be difficult to demonstrate ....

the point was that the original poster said he could
confirm that spells did NOT work. can you? if so, how?

nagasiva

Tom

Jan 18, 2008, 3:26:26 PM1/18/08

> "Tom" <dantoPAYAT...@comcast.net>:

>>> they sometimes accompany successful outcomes.
>
>> Almost all children whose mothers have broken their
>> backs had previously stepped on cracks.
>
> it would be more significant if the intention was
> to break their mother's back when they so stepped.

I don't think it would be any more significant or any more effective. Feel
free to demonstrate my error, if you like.

>> It would be difficult to demonstrate ....
>
> the point was that the original poster said he could
> confirm that spells did NOT work. can you? if so, how?

One cannot confirm anything in the mind of a person who will not believe.
This does not mean that whatever one believes is true. It only means that
one cannot change the mind of a person who wishes to cling to a belief at
all costs.