Newbie Questions: The Magick Circle and Triangle -- how does it work?

Chade

Oct 29, 2007, 5:38:39 PM10/29/07
I suspect your original message didn't propergate properly, which is
why you've only had a reply from a single loon. Don't worry though, I
expect some more loons will be along presently.

Meanwhile I've added some comments.

In message <zuvUi.6694$ek3....@weber.videotron.net>, Owen
Coughlan <bex...@videotron.ca> writes
>I've been reading a variety of documents and can't seem to get a straight
>answer about the functions and reasons for (1) the magick circle, and (2)
>the Triangle.
>
>So far there seem to be two clear ideas: (1) the circle focuses energy
>(like a lens) and the triangle cages the evoked spirit. Or (2) The circle is a
>sphere of protection and there is no triangle.
>
>Any opinions?

The circle divides the universe into the inside and the outside. Leave
your worries outside and they won't distract you.

>If I evoke without a triangle, where does the spirit appear?

In whatever your staring at until your eyes go silly. Be it smoke,
mirror or whatever.

>Can one evoke (or invoke -- sorry if the terminology is wrong) to the Astral
>Plane without a Triangle?

Yes.

> If so, where are the mirror or crystal ball
>placed?

In the WMT outside the circle, usually at a convient height. Others
vary, in Vodoo for instance, as I understand it, the evoked spirit
'rides' the subject.

>If one evokes to the triangle, what happens if the creature is too large to
>fit in?

To take the commonly used magick mirror you stare at it in bad light
and chant until your own reflection distorts. Like the game 'Bloody
Mary'.

>Teleportation: Can one enter the Astral Plane at point A, travel to Point B,
>then enter the Material Plane at Point B?

No.

>Can one travel from Magick Circle to Majick circle?

What?

>If one commands a spirit on the astral plane, how can the command be
>carried out on the material plane?

By your own actions, as the spirits live inside your head. This is
more subtle and profound than it sounds.

>Sorry if these seem like stupid newbie questions, but the mechanics
>seem a little confusing and contradictory.
>
>Please post replies to this newsgroup. Any help appreciated.
>
>TIA
>
>--Bex.

An old time reg who has done a lot of work on this has a website at:

http://www.templeofastarte.com/

if you check the alt.magick archives he posted as 'gnome de plume'

http://tinyurl.com/35cx2j

alt.magick.moderated is a MODERATED newsgroup.
Consult http://www.alt-magick-moderated.org/ where you
may locate the newest Posting Guidelines and Charter
for the newsgroup before your first post. Contact the
Moderation Team at moder...@alt-magick-moderated.org

Erwin Hessle

Nov 1, 2007, 3:29:44 AM11/1/07
On Oct 29, 5:38 pm, Chade <ch...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> I suspect your original message didn't propergate properly, which is
> why you've only had a reply from a single loon. Don't worry though, I
> expect some more loons will be along presently.

You need to fix your newsreader, son, they're "propergating" (as
opposed to what? "impropergating"?) just fine for everyone else.

Erwin Hessle, 8=3