You pig out 'til you've seen the light

David Dalton

Dec 31, 2021, 12:44:35 AM12/31/21
In her hopefully prophetic song Twist in My Sobriety,
British songwriter Tanita Tikaram wrote:

"Cup of tea, take time to think, yeah
Time to risk a life, a life, a life
Sweet and handsome
Soft and porky
You pig out 'til you've seen the light
Pig out 'til you've seen the light”

Now in Scotland today/tonight is Hogamany, or
New Year’s Eve, and celebrations generally
extend to early on New Year’s Day (and sometimes
even until the bank holiday which is on Monday).

Also I am posting this using Hogwasher newsreader,
and have to click on a picture of a hog with a
monocle to activate it.

And the phase of moon is late waning crescent moon,
which is associated with the Welsh crone goddess
Ceridwen, who in her pursuit of Taliesin took on the
form of a sow (and also a hen), so can be called
the sow goddess.

All of those pig/hog/sow references lead me to
hope for major positive world changes by dawn
on New Year’s Day ("You pig out 'til you've seen
the light”)

See the thread “High hopes for Hogamany” on
alt.religion.druid for further posts from me on the
subject, hopefully reporting progress, though I was
hoping not to work New Year’s Eve.

Now for a cup of tea...

“‘Oh, love is new/I'm face and eyes into you/Oh, love is here/
I'll be face and eyes into you/For years and years" (Colleen Power)

Mike Duffy

Jan 1, 2022, 10:00:51 AM1/1/22
On Fri, 31 Dec 2021 02:14:33 -0330, David Dalton wrote:

> In her hopefully prophetic song Twist in My Sobriety,
> British songwriter Tanita Tikaram wrote:
>
> [...] Pig out 'til you've seen the light”
>
> Now in Scotland today/tonight is Hogamany,
>
> Also I am posting this using Hogwasher newsreader,
>
> And the phase of moon [...] so can be called the sow goddess.
>
> All of those pig/hog/sow references

Did you know that 30 dec was national bacon day?

https://nationaltoday.com/national-bacon-day/

David Dalton

Jan 1, 2022, 10:45:42 PM1/1/22
On Jan 1, 2022, Mike Duffy wrote
(in article <sqpqb1$9hk$1...@dont-email.me>):
Ha, good one, thanks!

And in Scotland the New Year’s Day holiday is marked
with a statutory holiday on Monday and the
Day After New Year’s Day holiday is marked
with a statutory holiday on Tuesday so I suppose
some partiers there might be celebrating Hogamany
even until Tuesday, which is early waxing crescent moon,
for new beginnings (as is the New Year).

“‘Then you saw me from the cathedral/Well I'm an ancient heart/Yes, you
saw me from the cathedral/And here we are just falling apart" (T. Tikaram)