James Randi obituary

David Dalton

Oct 22, 2020, 1:56:01 AM10/22/20
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/21/obituaries/james-randi-dead.html

--
David Dalton dal...@nfld.com http://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"Rain upon the water/Makes footprints sunk in sand./Anger upon angry
hurt,/Take me by the hand./Take me by the heartstrings..." (Ferron)

George

Oct 22, 2020, 3:06:47 PM10/22/20
On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 03:25:59 -0230
David Dalton <dal...@nfld.com> wrote:

> https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/21/obituaries/james-randi-dead.html

Will be missed by many
Except the kooks

Bruce S

Jan 1, 2021, 5:02:44 PM1/1/21
On 10/21/20 11:55 PM, David Dalton wrote:
> https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/21/obituaries/james-randi-dead.html

Wow, I missed this news until now. I know he was sick, and old, but
this is still a sad shock. Randi was one of the greats, as well as a
decent person.

B1ackwater

Feb 4, 2021, 12:42:49 AM2/4/21
Ummm ... Randi is DEAD. It happens. 'Nuf said.

Should have had himself frozen, even a 0.001% chance
is way better than 0.0% after all.

His logical and evidentiary refutations of mysticism
and pseudo-science will quickly be forgotten - that
is the way of todays amnesiac culture. Same mistakes
over and over and over again ... year after decade after
century after millenia. There are just some things the
Collective We *never* learn - and certain interests
ALWAYS know how to exploit that. It's a "people thing" ....

Now make sure to offer up some goats and cash
money ("sacrifice" has wider meaning these days)
to Baal and everything will be OK ... don't think
about it, don't worry about it, you KNOW this is
how the universe works - you can feel it in
your bones like umpteen million others .............